+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much…. Is it going positive or negative final results for current files?
I don't think any of us can tell the % of files that will get positive outcome. They don't post such statistics. We just have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. These cases are very subjective and your fate is entirely in the hands of that one person who will make the decision. We have to do our best to prepare strong arguments and then wait patiently...

Lifetime2021

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, in aip letter, they said that they will send the medical instructions forms by email, and it is 10 day now and I didn't receive anythings. Is it normal?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, in aip letter, they said that they will send the medical instructions forms by email, and it is 10 day now and I didn't receive anythings. Is it normal?
Took 10 days for my partner to get forms as well. Sometimes it takes time, especially if you have non-acompanying dependants

Reactions: Lila123

Bijays

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone, I received a removal order letter today from CBSA for my wife and myself asking us to attend their office on 24th of November. We have H&C application in process now. Moved to IN PROCESS October 16 only. We applied H&C on April 2020 but since then we had JR at federal court which we got negative decision on May 26, 2021. We have a Canadian born daughter too. What’s gonna happen next ? Any idea ?

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I received a removal order letter today from CBSA for my wife and myself asking us to attend their office on 24th of November. We have H&C application in process now. Moved to IN PROCESS October 16 only. We applied H&C on April 2020 but since then we had JR at federal court which we got negative decision on May 26, 2021. We have a Canadian born daughter too. What’s gonna happen next ? Any idea ?
don’t afraid need to go attend meeting with him:her They will ask you to surrender your passport and documents also ask about your option and ask for PRRA you can buy time with PRRA maybe a year or more

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
oh dear I’m so sorry to hear that it’s very sad news here is your options

It’s better for you to have an interview with them sometime that interview has a positive result like they will offer you your options or they might be offering PRRA
The good thing your H&c applications now in the process you maybe get an answer soon

When you have a meeting with him make sure whatever they tell you tell him yes sir or yes ma’am the more you nice to them the better for you now your staying in Canada their hand
Good luck

Last edited:

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
sometimes takes up to one month IRCc requested your medical request or some they don’t asked if you done it in a year
Now days stage 2 are very difficult

Reactions: Lexus2021

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
You will have about 2 interviews before your departure.But it’s likely you will get answer by then(hopefully they don’t make your removal faster).If you get a good officer,she/he may advocate for your H&C to move quickly.And since you already did JR,they’d probably not give you PRRA because you already had plenty of time

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
You should of course attend the interview but please don't worry you will have many options to win time and to slow down the process.
I advice you to hire a good attorney in immigration law

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
This too shall pass. I see the seniors here have given you lots of good advise. It’s hard but you have to keep calm! This too shall end. You will meet merciful officer and I pray your H&C shall be approved soonest.

one lawyer once say when you attend the meeting, be calm and very polite…don’t say yes or no if they ask if your will leave Canada, just say you will respect the law of the land whatever it is.

I wish you the very best.

Yinkus

Jul 29, 2016
If you used lawyer for your H and C, call to confirm if he has received your medical instructions. This happened to me too, l was waiting for the letter to be mailed to me, only to discover that its been sent to my lawyer for 10 days who claimed mail was in junk file. I had to call immigration who told me medical instructions was sent to my lawyer.
And if you didn't use lawyer, check your junl mail and call immigration

• Wow
Reactions: Latin40

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, keep calm and bring with you all you can to show your ties to Canada (like Canadian child etc., if you can). For us, CBSA agent was a true sweetheart - he was the only person willing to help us, he gave my partner removal order deferral and then asked IRCC to speed up HC. His previous colleague was also nice - he gave my partner PrRA application to gain 1 year. So try to gain an ally as well. Good luck!

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hi my friend, you have received a lot of recommendations. But as a friend always said to me, be prepare for everything. Only God knows, and you have to keep fighting. My cbsa officer didn't give my family and I any options and we were deported. And in that same year another family with Canadian child was deported too. After 2 years we received aip and now we still fighting 2nd stage to return. So be strong and have faith.