+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Does Anyone got their AOR now for those who submitted their application lately. It is been a month for my friend but doesn't received any update or AOR yet. Seems there is a processing delays lately.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does Anyone got their AOR now for those who submitted their application lately. It is been a month for my friend but doesn't received any update or AOR yet. Seems there is a processing delays lately.
Not receiving AOR within a month is pretty typical. If it has been 3+ months it is more unusual these days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are very limited funds I have access to but the ambulance expenses and other doctor bills are piling up and I was desparate to help out my son who is so much stressed out with the amount of the bills to be paid so I thought about social assistance by the time I sell my house in my home country. But the ambulance services have accepted our request of monthly part payments and hence the situation is not ok and there is no financial hurdle because of the funds from my pension I get every month from my home country.

Thanks for your reply.
As previously indicated you won’t qualify for welfare or disability if you have assets. It is for people with very little to no assets.

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Reactions: Katayoon

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
As previously indicated you won’t qualify for welfare or disability if you have assets. It is for people with very little to no assets.
You need to check ur facts, not to give people wrong information, here is eligible requirements for disability:
  1. are under 65.
  2. contributed enough to the Canada Pension Plan.
  3. have a mental or physical disability that regularly stops you from doing any type of substantially gainful work.
  4. have a disability that is long-term and of indefinite duration, or is likely to result in death.
I have noticed that you like to contribute on every comment on this forum, but try and do your research well, so you don't mislead people .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to check ur facts, not to give people wrong information, here is eligible requirements for disability:
  1. are under 65.
  2. contributed enough to the Canada Pension Plan.
  3. have a mental or physical disability that regularly stops you from doing any type of substantially gainful work.
  4. have a disability that is long-term and of indefinite duration, or is likely to result in death.
I have noticed that you like to contribute on every comment on this forum, but try and do your research well, so you don't mislead people .
They arrived in Canada as visitors and just received PR under H&C therefore would have never contributed to CPP. They would not qualify for CPP disability. They would also not qualify for provincial disability with more than minimal assets. My information was correct.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it's AIP , since December 2020, the last update on gcms note said "the file is still on hold, BF date extended for another 30days as requested by the supervisor " I am not sure what that mean.
Your file was supposed to be opened at a Bring Forward date but it was postponed by 30 days as requested by the supervisor. Hard to guess but perhaps supervisor reallocated resources/officers to other files (Aghanistan?)... You are almost there. Fingers crossed for all of us. Soon.
I feel the same happened to us as well. Final review email on August 5th and no update since then. Perhaps our final review BF date was also postponed...

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
Election period shouldn’t have a big impact on processing of applications. More likely Afghanistan, covid and summer holidays.
If you have an inside tail or if you work for government like Cbsa IRCc then I believe you otherwise you’re bullshitting or lying

becuse I send webform few weeks ago I asked question Afghanistan they said this office nothing to do Afghani refugee this is second stage office only process stage 2 application for Pr

Stop give members unofficial updates please
Or show us proof

Reactions: Carlos chuks