+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hi my friends, yesterday I asked my officer if I can arrive to another province so I wont wait for csq that could delay our arrive. And they said that they already asked for it, and they asked me if we are still interested on residing in quebec. I asked him if there will be any problem, but not answet yet. My question is, my h&c was approved by a montreal officer, I supposed because I lived there, if I tell them that I want to change province, can they refuse my 2nd stage because one of our grounds was our stablishment there?.

Reactions: R Brar

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
no need to submit PCs until they request them. In fact, could be waste of time because by the time you get to Stage 2, PC may already be expired.

If you get stage 1 approval, they will send you request for PCs, and this is when you can send them fresh PCs.
Once you have not traveled back to the country your police certificate is good. The only thing that has expiry is the medical, which is valid for 1 year. We did our police record 1 year ago and we are now waiting for second stage. I think its a good idea to get them asap because sometimes it takes time. When you get AIP they will request it in the letter, however, you can let them know it was already submitted. AIP is just a standardized letter, everyone gets the same wording, only the applicants name is different.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PC will remain valid for as long as applicant did not go back to the foreign country.
Some countries put expiry dates on PCCs and officers reserve the right to ask for a new one when the time comes. Also, with HC taking often 2-3years, it is hard to project whether an applicant will not be back to his country (many people have deportation orders). So it is up to each applicant whether they want to submit from the beginning and then potentially re-do everything; or wait for IRCC to request it. In my partner's case, we just waited for Stage 2 and submitted at that point, which ultimately saved a lot of time because his first 2 HCs were rejected and he only got AIP from his 3rd attempt. This saved us the trouble of doing PCCs three times.

Reactions: Jaxico

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Some countries put expiry dates on PCCs and officers reserve the right to ask for a new one when the time comes. Also, with HC taking often 2-3years, it is hard to project whether an applicant will not be back to his country (many people have deportation orders). So it is up to each applicant whether they want to submit from the beginning and then potentially re-do everything; or wait for IRCC to request it. In my partner's case, we just waited for Stage 2 and submitted at that point, which ultimately saved a lot of time because his first 2 HCs were rejected and he only got AIP from his 3rd attempt. This saved us the trouble of doing PCCs three times.
Waiting until they request it, is a personal choice. However, no harm done in submitting it before. Never heard of a case where the officer request a new one if the applicant didn't go back to that country. If a person isn't present in the country, how can they commit a crime after getting a police report. IRCC can be hard but not in this case.

Reactions: SweetQueen

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
no need to submit PCs until they request them. In fact, could be waste of time because by the time you get to Stage 2, PC may already be expired.

If you get stage 1 approval, they will send you request for PCs, and this is when you can send them fresh PCs.
Hey, so if we sent PCC before and application refused and then we send new application again do we need to send it again as it is mentioned in checklist ?

Bijays

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Waiting until they request it, is a personal choice. However, no harm done in submitting it before. Never heard of a case where the officer request a new one if the applicant didn't go back to that country. If a person isn't present in the country, how can they commit a crime after getting a police report. IRCC can be hard but not in this case.
Thank you for the info, really helpful.

Reactions: Juneplum

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Hey, so if we sent PCC before and application refused and then we send new application again do we need to send it again as it is mentioned in checklist ?
Yes, you would need to send it again. You can use the same one as long as you didn't travel there.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I mentioned in my previous message; it is all case by case. My partner DID go back to his country several times over the past years. So we waited until IRCC requested it. Each applicant is free to decide what they want to do depending on their individual situation.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hi my friends, yesterday I asked my officer if I can arrive to another province so I wont wait for csq that could delay our arrive. And they said that they already asked for it, and they asked me if we are still interested on residing in quebec. I asked him if there will be any problem, but not answet yet. My question is, my h&c was approved by a montreal officer, I supposed because I lived there, if I tell them that I want to change province, can they refuse my 2nd stage because one of our grounds was our stablishment there?.

I don’t think there will be a problem. A member of this forum @Akash got his AIP in Quebec and moved to Ontario. He received COPR immediately and has his PR card already also for his family members. IRCC May request you to fill out another form indicating another province where you want to live. Keep us informed when your officer responds to question. Good luck.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
I don’t think there will be a problem. A member of this forum @Akash got his AIP in Quebec and moved to Ontario. He received COPR immediately and has his PR card already also for his family members. IRCC May request you to fill out another form indicating another province where you want to live. Keep us informed when your officer responds to question. Good luck.
Oh thank you for the answer. When the officer answers I will tell what he said.

Reactions: SweetQueen