+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Some countries put expiry dates on PCCs and officers reserve the right to ask for a new one when the time comes. Also, with HC taking often 2-3years, it is hard to project whether an applicant will not be back to his country (many people have deportation orders). So it is up to each applicant whether they want to submit from the beginning and then potentially re-do everything; or wait for IRCC to request it. In my partner's case, we just waited for Stage 2 and submitted at that point, which ultimately saved a lot of time because his first 2 HCs were rejected and he only got AIP from his 3rd attempt. This saved us the trouble of doing PCCs three times.
@Katayoon, I totally agree with you that cases are different and also that officer has the right to request a new one “if you travelled back to the foreign country between issued time and stage 2 request time”.
So, for a person who get deported, the PC will no longer be valid after expiry date it bears due to the fact that the person was present in the foreign country.
Kindly note that is the standard.
In my own case, my lawyer asked that we request at the time we submitted our application to avoid delays during stage 2 because it can be difficult to get from some countries. Mine came with 3 months validity as obtainable in my country and at stage 2, my lawyer mentioned in her note that we submitted PC already quoting the date and officer acknowledged.

Reactions: Katayoon

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Hi my friends, yesterday I asked my officer if I can arrive to another province so I wont wait for csq that could delay our arrive. And they said that they already asked for it, and they asked me if we are still interested on residing in quebec. I asked him if there will be any problem, but not answet yet. My question is, my h&c was approved by a montreal officer, I supposed because I lived there, if I tell them that I want to change province, can they refuse my 2nd stage because one of our grounds was our stablishment there?.

No you would not be refused. It is normal for applicants to change provinces.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
@Katayoon, I totally agree with you that cases are different and also that officer has the right to request a new one “if you travelled back to the foreign country between issued time and stage 2 request time”.
So, for a person who get deported, the PC will no longer be valid after expiry date it bears due to the fact that the person was present in the foreign country.
Kindly note that is the standard.
In my own case, my lawyer asked that we request at the time we submitted our application to avoid delays during stage 2 because it can be difficult to get from some countries. Mine came with 3 months validity as obtainable in my country and at stage 2, my lawyer mentioned in her note that we submitted PC already quoting the date and officer acknowledged.
Also in my country validity is 3 months

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people!
My ECAS has a changed today

5. Medical results have been received.

I provided them on June 14th lol how close Am I??? Is this important? @Ayanna @Katayoon others??

Thank you
Sorry amigo, my partner does not have ecas because he was already PR before (I presume his account was closed). But the phone status is still the same - "we are doing your background checks". Fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: Jaxico

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi my friends, yesterday I asked my officer if I can arrive to another province so I wont wait for csq that could delay our arrive. And they said that they already asked for it, and they asked me if we are still interested on residing in quebec. I asked him if there will be any problem, but not answet yet. My question is, my h&c was approved by a montreal officer, I supposed because I lived there, if I tell them that I want to change province, can they refuse my 2nd stage because one of our grounds was our stablishment there?.
They’d ask for proof of address and if you don’t have it they’d go with Quebec. The people who got AIP in Quebec and moved to Ontario provided proof of new address.

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
What school are you attending? Did you arrive as an international student? What country are your from? If you don’t want to specify the country what area of the world?
As a refugee claimant, there is some schooling you can do.did prerequisites for one to attain Ontario secondary school diploma,did an advanced cyber security course at york university.