+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Posting a general comment. Not sure how you got subsidized housing given your lack of status but in general there are wait lists of years if not longer for many properties. In general for working age adults H&C applications want you to show how you will support your family financially longterm and how you will be a benefit to the economy versus a drain. There are of course some exceptions but in general showing that you will be an economic benefit is important in H&C applications.
I seen member they are on welfare and also housing and the legal aid helping them for their H&c application but they get a approval
Thinking about income and financial is a second stage

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Posting a general comment. Not sure how you got subsidized housing given your lack of status but in general there are wait lists of years if not longer for many properties. In general for working age adults H&C applications want you to show how you will support your family financially longterm and how you will be a benefit to the economy versus a drain. There are of course some exceptions but in general showing that you will be an economic benefit is important in H&C applications.
I have my housing since last year. But a lawyer told me today how I can't be on it.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Is there anyone in this forum got denied and did over there application on there own. Considering am am a fail refugee claimant. I want to submit on my own.

Reactions: bella12

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think your email goes your attorney account
If you link your own email you will get an email or if you apply it by yourself
If your attorney apply for you all the emails goes to them
When we had a lawyer, he never forwarded to us anything. "Forgot" to forward AOR. "Forgot" to forward removal interview letters from CBSA. "Forgot" to forward PRRA decision letter. I don't think we ever received anything from him actually...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone in this forum got denied and did over there application on there own. Considering am am a fail refugee claimant. I want to submit on my own.
yes my partner lost 2 HCs with lawyers. Third one I did for him myself - he got AIP.

Reactions: Jeps

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
yes my partner lost 2 HCs with lawyers. Third one I did for him myself - he got AIP.
How long did it take him to finish his 3rd application? I am tired. I have 3children about to give birth to my forth. I just want to try and put one back in next week

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long did it take him to finish his 3rd application? I am tired. I have 3children about to give birth to my forth. I just want to try and put one back in next week
filling forms and writing the cover letter took 3 full days probably. Then gathering/printing evidence another couple of days.