+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I am new to this forum. I need to know the stages of process of H n C application just after filing. Pl help

Stanlex19

Jul 9, 2020
my partner got the same letter with AIP requesting forms but it started at the beginning "if it has been more than two years since you applied".Can you check the beginning of the letter? They just send out a standard letter of instructions but they do not check when did you apply. It's up to us to calculate.
It's not from AIP letter, this is a separate email that I got today.. I understood the one on the AIP letter.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am new to this forum. I need to know the stages of process of H n C application just after filing. Pl help
Stage 1 - Approval in principle
Stage 2 - submit medicals, police certificates and documents demonstrating how you support yourself financially (sometimes they ask for this in Stage 1)

If approved: Certificate of permanent residence by email and PR card by mail.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not from AIP letter, this is a separate email that I got today.. I understood the one on the AIP letter.
Then you can respond to email that you have already provided these before. In our AIP letter it says "simply advise our office if you have already provided these before". If you have copies of old forms, I would attach those for their reference.

Although perhaps it would be faster to just fill new forms and avoid further delays. I would just provide whatever they ask. We re-attached all documents they asked, although they were already provided as part of application. We did not want any further delays.

Last edited:

Stanlex19

Jul 9, 2020
Then you can respond to email that you have already provided these before. In our AIP letter it says "simply advise our office if you have already provided these before". If you have copies of old forms, I would attach those for their reference.

Although perhaps it would be faster to just fill new forms and avoid further delays. I would just provide whatever they ask. We re-attached all documents they asked, although they were already provided as part of application. We did not want any further delays.
Yes you are right.. I would rather complete the form again and send them back.. since they have started working on it.. thanks

Reactions: Katayoon and Ayanna

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone know what this means:.

Review of your file indicates that the following information/documents are now required:

· IMM 5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration

· IMM 5406 Additional Family Information

· IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada

I have already submitted all this forms before and now they asking for it.. any clue?
They requested the same from me after submitting it before, just fill the forms and send it back to them , u can download form from their website or the link - : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp

Reactions: Ayanna