+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Hello @Ramone1 ,do you have any suggestions for me please

As per our lawyer email, we got Aip in February 2021 and my wife was not discharged from the hospital by then. We updated my wife's medical situation and heart surgery to immigration in March 2021. Now am sure we have not applied for medical exemption.

1. Can we apply for medical exemption after Aip ?
2. How to apply medical exemption ?
3. Did you apply for medical exemption?

Kindly help with the above three questions and if not comfortable here, please send me a private message

Thanks

Reactions: Fayamufi

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys,

Is anyone know what is the next step if I got my medical exam a week ago?
My timeline is:
We received your application - January 20, 2020
We started processing your application - July 30, 2020
We sent you correspondence - January 23, 2020
We sent you medical instructions - May 26, 2021

I have applied from Canada for the humanitarian program.

Is it a good sign if they asked for medical exam?

Thanks!
Did you get Aip already?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Is anyone know what is the next step if I got my medical exam a week ago?
My timeline is:
We received your application - January 20, 2020
We started processing your application - July 30, 2020
We sent you correspondence - January 23, 2020
We sent you medical instructions - May 26, 2021

I have applied from Canada for the humanitarian program.

Is it a good sign if they asked for medical exam?

Thanks!
No it is standard process

Reactions: Fayamufi

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
So you got the explanation of your refusal? Could you share?
The explanation of refusal is very long. it is written in form of g a report or essay. Also, it will include the name of the officer that worked on your application. the explanation is broken down into different paragraphs. the bulk of the explanation the officer wrote is that there is no evidence to support A or B etc which obviously is the fault of my first lawyer because he did not ask me to bring them.. if I know about h&c application at the time, i would have included it myself.

the worst part of it is the lawyer submitted my application without letting me see the work he did. it is like the lawyer scammed me.

this is why i always tell people to do most of the work by your self before they hand the remaining to a lawyer. you know your immigration story than a lawyer. lawyer most times rush your application and put in generic information for your application sometimes which can attract refusal

Reactions: GrecchiJu

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
The explanation of refusal is very long. it is written in form of g a report or essay. Also, it will include the name of the officer that worked on your application. the explanation is broken down into different paragraphs. the bulk of the explanation the officer wrote is that there is no evidence to support A or B etc which obviously is the fault of my first lawyer because he did not ask me to bring them.. if I know about h&c application at the time, i would have included it myself.

the worst part of it is the lawyer submitted my application without letting me see the work he did. it is like the lawyer scammed me.

this is why i always tell people to do most of the work by your self before they hand the remaining to a lawyer. you know your immigration story than a lawyer. lawyer most times rush your application and put in generic information for your application sometimes which can attract refusal
I told my lawyer I would like to read the explanation before he sent it. I also asked if he was gonna send everything I gave him, because I wanted to have in mind exactly what the officer is going to see when he opens my package. But I notice if I didn’t ask, he wouldn’t show me anything. I think some people just let them do whatever they think is the best so they are no used to let de applicant get so involved. But in the end of the day we have to trust them because we are not with them when they send the application.

Reactions: bella12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply,
I didn’t get AIP, and AOR.
About the case: this is for my mother in law, she is living with us in Canada for 2 years already, she is 75 and has no one in her home country.
When you say no family do you mean no siblings, cousins, etc.? Is your MIL able to care her daily needs. 75 is not very old and Israel has support systems for seniors. You seem to have arrived in 2018 so did you not make plans knowing your mother could not be sponsored for over 3 years? Why could you not apply for PGP? What makes this an H&C case versus other families in the same situation competing for a spot via PGP? Applying for H&C could make visiting Canada difficult in the future if she is denied.

David323

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Calgary
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
05-06-2021
When you say no family do you mean no siblings, cousins, etc.? Is your MIL able to care her daily needs. 75 is not very old and Israel has support systems for seniors. You seem to have arrived in 2018 so did you not make plans knowing your mother could not be sponsored for over 3 years? Why could you not apply for PGP? What makes this an H&C case versus other families in the same situation competing for a spot via PGP? Applying for H&C could make visiting Canada difficult in the future if she is denied.
Thanks for your reply.
I arrived in Canada in 2018. My mother in law in 2019. She broke her right dominant hand soon after arriving in Canada and since then she has some disability to use that hand, which means she’s required help with some of the basic daily activities like food preparation, grocery. In Israel she has one older sibling and one son which is not in contact with her. This is why I think that this program is fit for her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
I arrived in Canada in 2018. My mother in law in 2019. She broke her right dominant hand soon after arriving in Canada and since then she has some disability to use that hand, which means she’s required help with some of the basic daily activities like food preparation, grocery. In Israel she has one older sibling and one son which is not in contact with her. This is why I think that this program is fit for her.
You can certainly try but it is hit or miss. The fact that she does actually have family in Israel especially a child will be a big issue even if they are not communicating at the moment. Even single parents without family in their home country have been denied. A hand fracture should not prevent her from doing most food preparation and shopping although she may have to meet some small changes in how she preforms tasks and in Israel there are tons of delivery services if she wanted heavy items. You only moved in 2018 so you would have had to discuss what would happen if she couldn't move or even visit Canada. You may not even qualify for PGP yet given that you only arrived in 2018. There are many people applying for PGP in the same situation as you are. On a positive note she should get a response relatively quickly to see if she is approved or denied.

Ramone1

Oct 4, 2017
Hello @Ramone1 ,do you have any suggestions for me please

As per our lawyer email, we got Aip in February 2021 and my wife was not discharged from the hospital by then. We updated my wife's medical situation and heart surgery to immigration in March 2021. Now am sure we have not applied for medical exemption.

1. Can we apply for medical exemption after Aip ?
2. How to apply medical exemption ?
3. Did you apply for medical exemption?

Kindly help with the above three questions and if not comfortable here, please send me a private message

Thanks
Hi,
My father was unwell at the time of application. My lawyer had updated that in the application and had asked for exception. Talk with your lawyer and she would be able to update them with all the paperwork. Don't worry about it. Call her 1st and see what she recommends and let us know.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,
My father was unwell at the time of application. My lawyer had updated that in the application and had asked for exception. Talk with your lawyer and she would be able to update them with all the paperwork. Don't worry about it. Call her 1st and see what she recommends and let us know.
Thanks for the reply @Ramone1

Here is why I don't trust my lawyer. She doesn't perhaps know what she is doing and she never advised us to apply for a medical exemption

May I have your lawyer name and number please. I am also in Vancouver. I want to take second opinion. I will pay your lawyer the consultation fee.

You may aslo private message me.

Thanks

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,
Also , have you read in your Aip letter that whether you have been granted medical exemption

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I told my lawyer I would like to read the explanation before he sent it. I also asked if he was gonna send everything I gave him, because I wanted to have in mind exactly what the officer is going to see when he opens my package. But I notice if I didn’t ask, he wouldn’t show me anything. I think some people just let them do whatever they think is the best so they are no used to let de applicant get so involved. But in the end of the day we have to trust them because we are not with them when they send the application.
You are spot on... to be honest, I don't care what the new lawyer thinks, I will and MUST inspect everything she have done before she submits my application. I have already lost about 10,000 dollars for my first application due to not checking what the first lawyer did. I later discover he did not submit some of the documents I gave him and also, he did not explain my FULL story in my application. you can tell because the immigration officer asks some questions like I can find evidence y or z or t in my application. again, you can tell my story kind of confuse the officer by the lawyer the not talk about me in detail. i am really pissed and i blame myself

...i can't take that chance this time around.

this is why I regularly come to this forum to seek advice... I don't always trust the suggestion of lawyers if it does not make sense to me. I come to this forum to seek a second opinion. so, far, it has always worked for me.

An example, I paid my lawyer to apply for a requestion of refusal letter from CIC. this lawyer charge. I paid this money in February this year. till now, we have not received the copy. can you imagine ? I came to this form to seek a second opinion on what I can do to get it faster. Ayanna told me what I should do. I did exactly what she told me and I receive the refusal letter in less than 24hrs from CIC for FREE. they sent it to me via email.

Now, be the judge. do you think you can always trust what a lawyer say OR do you think they always come up with the best idea? you now know the answer,

This time around, I have done about 80% of the work. the remaining 20% is what the lawyer needs to do in the area of using the law to back up my case and research work. once she is done, i will insapect it

Last edited: