+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many lawyers don't want you to contact IRcC on your own because they want to be in control of all information flow and they want all enquiries to go through them. Customer service agents are not immigration officers and most probably not even government employees (outsourced, like a lot of operational stuff in government). Yes, they leave notes on your file, but that's it. If calling IRcC was automatically affecting your file negatively, they would not add a note to each email with their contact number and invitation to call with questions. Of course we should not abuse this service, for our own mental sanity and peace - because there is no point in calling every day when files move at turtle's speed and stressing out.
Would suggest people order GCMS notes versus calling IRCC. Unfortunately they often give out incorrect information.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
yes OF COURSE many visitors apply for h&c because they have good arguments and reasons and they got PR !
Yes, and amongst other reasons I keep praying that the Auditor General completes a in-depth review of the IRCC. Which hopefully would recommend changes to the Immigration & Refugees Act
One can only hope

( Not everyone has good reasons to apply under H&C , they just do )

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Guys i
Yes, and amongst other reasons I keep praying that the Auditor General completes a in-depth review of the IRCC. Which hopefully would recommend changes to the Immigration & Refugees Act
One can only hope

( Not everyone has good reasons to apply under H&C , they just do )

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/
Whatt ? i didn't understand well your comment, you will pray for what exactly ?

I pray that Canada will always give importance to humanitarians considerations, many people have suffered tremendously and they deserve compassion.
Aneway, i'm visitor and i applied for h&c, i didn't get my AIP yet but according to IRCC my file is in Niagara falls

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would suggest people order GCMS notes versus calling IRCC. Unfortunately they often give out incorrect information.
yes totally agree. GCMS notes are very useful as you can see detailed reasons for refusal. The only reason my partner finally got AIP from 3rd attempt is because we saw agent's grounds for refusal in GCmS notes and added evidence to respond to those arguments in his 3rd submission. Of course, his lawyer gave him a long lecture about why he should not contact IRCC without her permission, but it saved him from deportation.

Reactions: canuck78

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i

I pray that Canada will always give importance to humanitarians considerations, many people have suffered tremendously and they deserve compassion.
Aneway, i'm visitor and i applied for h&c, i didn't get my AIP yet but according to IRCC my file is in Niagara falls
I think what copingwithlife meant is that he/she hopes that these decisions are taken more consistently across agents and offices. They are often very subjective and the same file could get rejected by one agent and accepted by another one. We have also seen some offices have much lower acceptance rates (Toronto, Montreal) vs other offices like Niagara. If these decisions were taken consistently, we should see roughly similar acceptance rates across offices. It is a pity that we have to rely on luck in such critical milestone of our lives.

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I think what copingwithlife meant is that he/she hopes that these decisions are taken more consistently across agents and offices. They are often very subjective and the same file could get rejected by one agent and accepted by another one. We have also seen some offices have much lower acceptance rates (Toronto, Montreal) vs other offices like Niagara. If these decisions were taken consistently, we should see roughly similar acceptance rates across offices. It is a pity that we have to rely on luck in such critical milestone of our lives.
I hope....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes OF COURSE many visitors apply for h&c because they have good arguments and reasons and they got PR !
Visitors applying for H&C because they have not qualified for any of the economic pathways, for sponsorship by family or via asylum is not really what H&C was meant for. If not anyone who didn't qualify for an economic program, for asylum or for sponsorship by a family member will start applying for H&C. There are only very rare circumstances where visitors will qualify for H&C.

Reactions: Ayanna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys i

That's why we have an asylum program

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
That's why we have an asylum program
Visitors applying for H&C because they have not qualified for any of the economic pathways, for sponsorship by family or via asylum is not really what H&C was meant for. If not anyone who didn't qualify for an economic program, for asylum or for sponsorship by a family member will start applying for H&C. There are only very rare circumstances where visitors will qualify for H&C.
Asylum and h&c it's not really the same thing and you can not generalize ! Also each case is different. and I don't understand what is the relation between visitors applying for h&c and the fact of not being qualified to the economic programs! the difficulties that a person can have and the consequences have no connection with the status or the permit because as I said each case and each file is different !!!! every person has a different arguments and situation.