+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is very stupid indeed. You can already do that by keep extending your study permit. It is unfortunate but I had no guarantee that I would be accepted to get into law school and I needed a safety net to rely on. It is not easy to get into law school.
Yes you can study but you can’t get a PGWP after each program. There would be incentive to study for 16 months, get a PGWP for 3 years, study another 16 program and get another PGWP, etc.

Ramone1

Oct 4, 2017
I was waiting for my family to get their PR first as I didn’t wanted to jeopardize their application and I was trying to figure out if there was another way for me to get PR before applying for H&C.

I explained that I have no connection to my origin country and that my qualifications in Canada won’t translate so if I go back all my education in Canada will go to waste considering Im a qualified to be lawyer here. Also if I go back I have to to the mandatory military service required for all men before being eligible to work.

I didn’t include any documents regarding my mental health but upon rejection I will have to for reconsideration.

I have proof of my parents and brother being residents of Canada and I think it is obvious that I have established my life in Canada since I have been here almost half my life and all my adult life.
Your education will be very useful to this country. In H and C the 1st paragraph of your application explains reasons for why you cannot apply PR under any other programs. Then you lay out your reasons. I am sure if you contact a immigration agent, they will be able to get you a work permit easily. Apply for jobs based on education and if you clear interview, ask them for help with your workpermit. Many Canadian employers are hiring educated foreign workers. In your case since you are in Canada, it will be faster and easier for them to get you started.
States like NB has northern immigration pilot program and they are looking for people. Apply for jobs there and it will be easier for your to get work permit. Please give it a try as I have seen people immigrate to Canada within a few months.
Good luck and remember to breathe and always put in efforts.

Ajakarian17

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I have been trying to attain a work permit again. I have been rejected once already. I have applied again and hoping they will give me one but due to Covid it is very slow. Thank you, I am just frustrated that I could have called to the bar this summer and start my law practice but I can’t and I don’t what’s gonna happen. The Pandemic doesn’t really help.
why you don't apply also for TRP/work permit ???

Last edited:

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
but i thnik they dont send all applications to minister right ?
normally simple officers process applications
Hi, you are right - the way this works is that the Immigration Act gives the Minister the powers within the Act and then the authorities to make decisions are delegated down to differing levels within the Department. For example, one of the lowest delegated authorities is to be able to grant someone visitor's status. A higher position can make an H&C decision while yet an even higher position can make a decision on a Temporary Residence Permit (not to be confused with the Visa). TRPs were once called Minister's Permits however as they were issued to inadmissible people it was sometimes embarrassing or confusing politically because the Minister wouldn't have had anything to do with the decision, and so it received a name change when IRPA was enacted in 2002.

Since TRPs have been mentioned on this thread, these are decided by Supervisors and Managers depending upon the inadmissibility and this is why they can be both difficult and lengthy to process inland. They're common at the POE for truckers bringing stuff into Canada and picking stuff up for export, but not so common for others seeking lengthier stays in Canada. There HAS to be a compelling reason for one to be issued in the view of the decision-maker.

Delegation of authorities is an interesting part of the Immigration Act for those who enjoy wandering in the weeds of Canada's immigration programs. I doubt that most decision-makers could point out where their authorities reside within the Act.

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019
@Imanshar
You have options (b)
Your young
Why don’t you wanna find a soulmate who is Canadian citizen and get married that’s a easy way to get a PR lol
Hi Ayanna I have checked my h&c on ecas everyday and before there is only my laywer address showing as mailing address and today they update my address as well present address is mine and mailing address is for laywer and its updated today what that means ? My answer is on the way soon what do you think?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi Ayanna I have checked my h&c on ecas everyday and before there is only my laywer address showing as mailing address and today they update my address as well present address is mine and mailing address is for laywer and its updated today what that means ? My answer is on the way soon what do you think?
Hi Akash
I think they’re working on your file evertime that happens that means somebody’s working on your file that’s why they send updates to ecas
You almost there

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi, you are right - the way this works is that the Immigration Act gives the Minister the powers within the Act and then the authorities to make decisions are delegated down to differing levels within the Department. For example, one of the lowest delegated authorities is to be able to grant someone visitor's status. A higher position can make an H&C decision while yet an even higher position can make a decision on a Temporary Residence Permit (not to be confused with the Visa). TRPs were once called Minister's Permits however as they were issued to inadmissible people it was sometimes embarrassing or confusing politically because the Minister wouldn't have had anything to do with the decision, and so it received a name change when IRPA was enacted in 2002.

Since TRPs have been mentioned on this thread, these are decided by Supervisors and Managers depending upon the inadmissibility and this is why they can be both difficult and lengthy to process inland. They're common at the POE for truckers bringing stuff into Canada and picking stuff up for export, but not so common for others seeking lengthier stays in Canada. There HAS to be a compelling reason for one to be issued in the view of the decision-maker.

Delegation of authorities is an interesting part of the Immigration Act for those who enjoy wandering in the weeds of Canada's immigration programs. I doubt that most decision-makers could point out where their authorities reside within the Act.
Yes your right

Reactions: Lexus2021