+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Are you going to reapply?
It is on a balance of probability I will reapply at this early stage. However, I do NOT want to be in a rush to reapply now. I have emailed my lawyer the refusal letter. She will review it tomorrow (Friday). She said I should give her a call on Saturday so that she will recommend the best option to address all the reasons stated in the refusal letter.

For that reason, it is hard for me to tell at this stage if she will recommend a judicial review or a new application. She will make the decision on Saturday after my consultation with her. Whatever she decides is the best option is what I will go with.

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
It is on a balance of probability I will reapply at this early stage. However, I do NOT want to be in a rush to reapply now. I have emailed my lawyer the refusal letter. She will review it tomorrow (Friday). She said I should give her a call on Saturday so that she will recommend the best option to address all the reasons stated in the refusal letter.

For that reason, it is hard for me to tell at this stage if she will recommend a judicial review or a new application. She will make the decision on Saturday after my consultation with her. Whatever she decides is the best option is what I will go with.
Is the rejection letter like an explanatory letter or just lines that explain why the officer refused the case?

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

have you thought about reconsideration
It’s not advice it’s a opinion

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
have you thought about reconsideration
It’s not advice it’s a opinion
Is "reconsideration" the same as a "new application" OR are they different?.......

If they are the same, how?....If they are different, how?

lastly, can you post a link from the IRCC website that talk about the difference between reconsideration and new apllication? pls
I want to read to have an in-depth understanding of the difference and also, maybe I will share it with my new lawyer

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Is "reconsideration" the same as a "new application" OR are they different?.......

If they are the same, how?....If they are different, how?
Reconsideration means like u are asking the same officer to view your case again but this time u have all the reasons that was missing in your first appeal . You have more proof or something to weight on your case