+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hi @bushra1122

my mom received a notice this past week saying a PR card can not be issued because her photographs did not comply with the requirements and the department asked her to send 2 PR card photos again, which we did the same day.

So, I think her PR card application is progressing. Any news on your father’s card?
That is good to hear. Although it has slowed down your process but at least you know they're working on it!

We have heard nothing at all. Our CoPR letter stated to send a copy of the letter plus 1 picture. And that is what we had done. Now I'm wondering if not sending two pictures in may slow down the process.

I'm planning to submit a web form as when we got the CoPR and sent in the required items for PR card the processing time was around 90 some days. And technically we've surpassed that. Let's see what happens.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hi, may I know what proof of income did you send? I just got AIP and my concern is Im under CERB because of temp laid off due to covid. In the letter it says you should not be self supporting. Thanks
My father is self-employed so we sent the most recent CRA Notice of Assessment.

Chantal 2017

Sep 4, 2020
Do you have a lawyer? I think its best to consult them so they can advice you what to do. I applied for h&c in feb this year and thank God I just got my AIP. I’m also a single mom with a 5 year old canadian citizen. In the AIP letter it says because of the hardship I would face in my country. I was thinking because of best interest of a child but I guess it all depends with the application or situation of the applicant. I sent supporting documents and news articles about the current situation back home so I think that helps with my application.

Did you submitted supporting documents after submitted your application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Contrary to Scylla's conclusion without bothering to ask. I am a refugee claimant with a failed refugee still on JR at the same time H and C. I have my work permit and has been paying my tax since 2017 till date. The pathway to PR is for asylum seekers with or without failed refugee claim. My lawyer told me that with my hrs in volunteering work taking care of elders and seniors during the pandemic. And I have all the educational certifications and diploma to work as health care giver. I should qualify. Meanwhile, since I have H and C already submitted, I believe I wouldn't need to pay for PR again and also the pathway to PR has not been opened yet for applicants, I thought if I put in my H and C application the volunteer letter in care giving, plus all my Uber pay stubs from 2018 till date including driving Uber during the peak of pandemic, plus all my tax documents plus documents showing my children involvement in activities like (piano, community programs, member of hockey team with pictures of him playing hockey) pictures of me volunteering in covid 19 community testing centre plus letters of support from up to 4 persons plus other volunteer letters from churches and food banks plus my wives volunteer letter in Toronto public health b4 pandemic plus my wives letter of volunteer work in longterm care b4 pandemic plus my children award certificates from schools as students of the month plus the birth certificate of my new born baby in Canada plus letter of support from my MP plus my new job offer in healthcare and my wife new job offer as psw etc and with a good submission from my lawyer, We should be approved for H and C in the best interest of children and establishment in Canada
It is pretty clear that the special program for healthcare workers was for those employed during COVID not volunteers. You can certainly try applying once the applications are available.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, may I know what proof of income did you send? I just got AIP and my concern is Im under CERB because of temp laid off due to covid. In the letter it says you should not be self supporting. Thanks
Would be best to try and return to work as soon as possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
This is the first time I'm in a H&C forum but I thought maybe one of you can help me.
I am a single mom in Canada and my son and I have been living in Canada for 6 and a half years now. We came to Canada because my son has a health condition and treatment wasn't available in our country.
I applied for Humanitarian and Compassionate application almost 3 years ago. We sent in a lot of supporting evidence like, doctor's note, medical certificate, medical history, proof that treatment isn't available, etc. But I still got a refusal letter a week ago... So, I asked for a reconsideration with new and updated letters from the doctor and medical certificate but refused again...
My son needs this treatment. I've tried looking for a partner for spouse sponsor but no luck for me...
Before H&C, I was here with a visitors visa and my son with a students (Because he went to school while getting treatment every week).

Is there anything else I can do? Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Coming to Canada to seek medical treatment is not a reason to get PR based on H&C or Canada would have tons of people trying to come to Canada just to get medical care. How has your child been receiving medical care all this time? What about schooling? Does he have a study permit and have you been paying for his schooling?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We handed in everything we can think of. Medical certificate, medical letters (From 4 doctors. 3 from our home country that was treating him before with an alternative medication which didn't work, and 1 from his doctor in Canada that have been treating him), medical history, medication history, treatment history, proof that he cannot be treated in our home country, proof that he has tried alternative treatments in our home country but didn't work, etc.
Also, I have a friend that also applied for H&C for her own medical reason. She had a rare condition that wasn't common in her country so there wasn't any treatment. She handed in everything like I did. Every single proof and evidence. There was absolutely no reason her to be refused. She had a valid work visa, she proved to the officer about everything. But 5 months ago, she got refused 4 DAYS after she got her AIP. So she had to go back to her home country. 3 months ago, she came back to Canada with another visa because she had a seizure in her country when she stopped getting her usual treatment and medications.
She wouldn’t have access to medical care if she is only a visitor and will have to pay for any healthcare she receives.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
That is good to hear. Although it has slowed down your process but at least you know they're working on it!

We have heard nothing at all. Our CoPR letter stated to send a copy of the letter plus 1 picture. And that is what we had done. Now I'm wondering if not sending two pictures in may slow down the process.

I'm planning to submit a web form as when we got the CoPR and sent in the required items for PR card the processing time was around 90 some days. And technically we've surpassed that. Let's see what happens.
My mom's CoPR letter stated the same, but we sent two regardless. Got em done at staples so I dont know how they messed them up. But the second time they did not charge for the pictures.

They sent my mom another letter notifying that her pictures do not meet the specified requirements and asked us for 2 pictures this time. They told us to send a print out of the request letter to enable them to speed up the process.

Let's see if she were able to get it in September lol

Reactions: bushra1122