+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Hi Cantaloupe, Please I have been volunteering in health sector from April 2020 and av done more than 248hrs up till date taking care of seniors, elders just exactly the work of PSW. I have all the certifications and Diploma in DSW. Some people said am qualified already for the pathway to pr for asylum seekers. Is that true? Again, I av an H and C application ongoing, I have collected letter from the volunteer work stating the work and care am doing for elders and seniors during covid 19. Will it help my application for H and C.? I submitted in February 2020, they av acknowledged receipt and requested for Biometrics in July 2020
You do not qualify. The pathway is for asylum seekers only. Also, the work experience must be paid and obtained under a valid work permit. For these reasons you unfortunately you do not qualify for the PR pathway. You will need to wait out the processing of your H&C application. Having said that, you can certainly include the letters regarding your volunteer work as part of your H&C application. This certainly won't harm and may help. Good luck.
I second scylla's opinion. The volunteer work you've done (thank you by the way!!) could help with the H&C, provided that you have other compelling reasons in that application. It does not make you eligible under the recent public policy.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yes same, I just got my AIP but site went from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

My Timeline:
Application received- Feb 14, 2020
AOR- Feb 21, 2020
AIP- Sept 11, 2020
“Your exemption was granted, in part, due to the hardship you would face if you had to leave Canada and apply from outside of the country as usually required.“

I was a failed refugee claimant with 2 failed appeals. I prepared and gathered a lot of important documents for my h&c application. I’m a single mom and I have a 5 year old canadian citizen by birth.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
I need advise, please... For this requirement, what can I send if I’m self employee?
<<CURRENT FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Provide a copy of a recent letter of employment, a recent paystub or reasons why you are not working and how you are supporting yourself financially. You must provide evidence that you are not in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly. Your application for permanent residence could be refused if you are not self-supporting>>
Hi, what did you provide for this? I am working part time and under CERB due to covid.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hello,
This is the first time I'm in a H&C forum but I thought maybe one of you can help me.
I am a single mom in Canada and my son and I have been living in Canada for 6 and a half years now. We came to Canada because my son has a health condition and treatment wasn't available in our country.
I applied for Humanitarian and Compassionate application almost 3 years ago. We sent in a lot of supporting evidence like, doctor's note, medical certificate, medical history, proof that treatment isn't available, etc. But I still got a refusal letter a week ago... So, I asked for a reconsideration with new and updated letters from the doctor and medical certificate but refused again...
My son needs this treatment. I've tried looking for a partner for spouse sponsor but no luck for me...
Before H&C, I was here with a visitors visa and my son with a students (Because he went to school while getting treatment every week).

Is there anything else I can do? Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Do you have a lawyer? I think its best to consult them so they can advice you what to do. I applied for h&c in feb this year and thank God I just got my AIP. I’m also a single mom with a 5 year old canadian citizen. In the AIP letter it says because of the hardship I would face in my country. I was thinking because of best interest of a child but I guess it all depends with the application or situation of the applicant. I sent supporting documents and news articles about the current situation back home so I think that helps with my application.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
We handed in everything we can think of. Medical certificate, medical letters (From 4 doctors. 3 from our home country that was treating him before with an alternative medication which didn't work, and 1 from his doctor in Canada that have been treating him), medical history, medication history, treatment history, proof that he cannot be treated in our home country, proof that he has tried alternative treatments in our home country but didn't work, etc.
Also, I have a friend that also applied for H&C for her own medical reason. She had a rare condition that wasn't common in her country so there wasn't any treatment. She handed in everything like I did. Every single proof and evidence. There was absolutely no reason her to be refused. She had a valid work visa, she proved to the officer about everything. But 5 months ago, she got refused 4 DAYS after she got her AIP. So she had to go back to her home country. 3 months ago, she came back to Canada with another visa because she had a seizure in her country when she stopped getting her usual treatment and medications.
So she’s most likely as medical inadmissible person for Stage 2.

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
I second scylla's opinion. The volunteer work you've done (thank you by the way!!) could help with the H&C, provided that you have other compelling reasons in that application. It does not make you eligible under the recent public policy.
Contrary to Scylla's conclusion without bothering to ask. I am a refugee claimant with a failed refugee still on JR at the same time H and C. I have my work permit and has been paying my tax since 2017 till date. The pathway to PR is for asylum seekers with or without failed refugee claim. My lawyer told me that with my hrs in volunteering work taking care of elders and seniors during the pandemic. And I have all the educational certifications and diploma to work as health care giver. I should qualify. Meanwhile, since I have H and C already submitted, I believe I wouldn't need to pay for PR again and also the pathway to PR has not been opened yet for applicants, I thought if I put in my H and C application the volunteer letter in care giving, plus all my Uber pay stubs from 2018 till date including driving Uber during the peak of pandemic, plus all my tax documents plus documents showing my children involvement in activities like (piano, community programs, member of hockey team with pictures of him playing hockey) pictures of me volunteering in covid 19 community testing centre plus letters of support from up to 4 persons plus other volunteer letters from churches and food banks plus my wives volunteer letter in Toronto public health b4 pandemic plus my wives letter of volunteer work in longterm care b4 pandemic plus my children award certificates from schools as students of the month plus the birth certificate of my new born baby in Canada plus letter of support from my MP plus my new job offer in healthcare and my wife new job offer as psw etc and with a good submission from my lawyer, We should be approved for H and C in the best interest of children and establishment in Canada

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Based on what other members from this platform and some other H&C platforms,once you get a call from a senior IRCC rep,you definitely are getting approved.They usually ask to ask if you work or on assistance.Depending on your case.But it’s been positive thus far
Regarding work or on assistance, I think thats for Stage 2. I got my AIP first and it says Stage 2 will be for my medical, criminal and security check.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Agree that this is extremely unusual. This is beyond expediting if you get an answer in 1 month. Is this an H&C claim or an application for another permit based on an H&C situation. Best interest of a child is usually not that fast and a common H&C reason. Perhaps this has to do with lifesaving treatment but I would still be surprised at the processing time. Guess we will all have to see if the contact does lead to AIP.
Maybe he was chosen for the Quality Assurance Program where they randomly chooses applications for a special review that can expedite it.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Contrary to Scylla's conclusion without bothering to ask. I am a refugee claimant with a failed refugee still on JR at the same time H and C. I have my work permit and has been paying my tax since 2017 till date. The pathway to PR is for asylum seekers with or without failed refugee claim. My lawyer told me that with my hrs in volunteering work taking care of elders and seniors during the pandemic. And I have all the educational certifications and diploma to work as health care giver. I should qualify. Meanwhile, since I have H and C already submitted, I believe I wouldn't need to pay for PR again and also the pathway to PR has not been opened yet for applicants, I thought if I put in my H and C application the volunteer letter in care giving, plus all my Uber pay stubs from 2018 till date including driving Uber during the peak of pandemic, plus all my tax documents plus documents showing my children involvement in activities like (piano, community programs, member of hockey team with pictures of him playing hockey) pictures of me volunteering in covid 19 community testing centre plus letters of support from up to 4 persons plus other volunteer letters from churches and food banks plus my wives volunteer letter in Toronto public health b4 pandemic plus my wives letter of volunteer work in longterm care b4 pandemic plus my children award certificates from schools as students of the month plus the birth certificate of my new born baby in Canada plus letter of support from my MP plus my new job offer in healthcare and my wife new job offer as psw etc and with a good submission from my lawyer, We should be approved for H and C in the best interest of children and establishment in Canada
Yes, that works. I submitted about 20 letters from relatives, friends, landlords, coworkers, my boss and my daughter’s teacher and lots of pictures of my child’s activities or just us, being with friends and relatives showing strong establishment and support from them. Also proof of donations, involvement in the church, certificates of what you have achieved, tax income. I was working 6 days a week as a single mom and not much savings to show but made sure I wont be a burden. Lastly, I wrote a 4-pages letter explaining how my life since I lived here and how grateful I am to still be here. Goodluck, be positive and keep the faith!

Reactions: Blac Kelly..

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
Yes same, I just got my AIP but site went from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

My Timeline:
Application received- Feb 14, 2020
AOR- Feb 21, 2020
AIP- Sept 11, 2020
“Your exemption was granted, in part, due to the hardship you would face if you had to leave Canada and apply from outside of the country as usually required.“

I was a failed refugee claimant with 2 failed appeals. I prepared and gathered a lot of important documents for my h&c application. I’m a single mom and I have a 5 year old canadian citizen by birth.
Congrats on ur aip.can u please share the kind of article u use concerning hardship back home?

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Thank you So much everything is blessing you get a positive answer soon Maybe this month and next month The longer it takes the better out come just patient
Thanks man I appreciate it, I hope to hear good news soon, definitely patient :)

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Update on my mom's case:

1. Medicals: Passed
2. Security: Passed
3. Criminality: In Progress

Any ideas as to when the criminality is going to be passed as well. We submitted an original PCC from her country of birth with the application. They did not request a PCC from RCMP (within Canada) but we got the fingerprints done and provided it to IRCC anyways. They might have received it around June 26, 2020.

When can my mom expect a COPR email?
Hi, as for the security what documents/proof did you provide? And how long did you get the letter after the AIP?
[/QUOTE]

Hi

Don't worry about the security part. It is something a third party conducts on behalf of IRCC. The third party is another department within the Government of Canada, and the security cheques are completed behind the scenes at the request of IRCC.

I communicated with an IRCC official at the Ottawa headquarters directly and the clerk sent the medical forms along with a standard letter within an hour after the conversation occurred.

You, as an applicant, play no role in either completing or accelerating the security phase of your application.