+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
@SpiritualWonderBoy
My situation is different. When I applied for H&c on 2018 it got processed in July 2019. In August 2019 I got requested for medical then I got an email for background check . Passport size pictures for me and for my family. Before Aip So everything is done !! They haven’t requested for anything else yet .
my case is in Vancouver I think Vancouver does everything different

Reactions: Lexus2021

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
If you make less then 42000 family of 4
For family of 36000

i done my biometric medical and background check and fee beFor Aip When I got my Aip no email recently just waiting on copr now if you Applied for refuges Or PRRA they don’t asked you for medical or biometric
Thank you for information

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello, my work permit is going to expire on November 2020. I got my AIP do I still need to apply for work permit
As long as you don’t receive your CoPR you will need a WP to work. CIC is unpredictable so after AIP it may still take several months to finish your process. Keep that in mind

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Hello, my work permit is going to expire on November 2020. I got my AIP do I still need to apply for work permit
Hi sanjida
I got my Aip too but I applied for open work permit extension long time ago You should do it as fast as you can because the time line process is 189 days more than six months

Reactions: Lexus2021

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
Can someone please answer my question?
I submitted my h and c application in April and got an email about the acknowledgement of receipt on 11th of August along with a letter for biometrics. May I ask you guys that can biometrics be asked before the processing of the application starts ?
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My application was submitted in February & march a decision was already made. I had to go in for an interview but it was cancelled because of covid. The agent sent the decision to my lawyer & I was approved. As of now I am doing police clearance & sending copy of passport. It depends on the agent & prayers( if you are religious) Everyone application is different so do not be alarmed if yours is moving slowly
We don't know why the other application was approved so quickly but maybe you both had prrof of domestic violence and there has been a directive to approve those with proof of domestic violence with children. It isn't about one agent working faster than others. There may be some attempts to process H&C faster due to the volume of cases they are seeing since some people are now seeing "in process" in 6 months versus closer to 2 years. We'll need to wait and see.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi @Canadienne_1991 No we're still waiting on the PR. I was able to link his PR Card application to GCKey and it shows the start date of the application the same as the CoPR/Landing date of May 27, 2020.

We sent a copy of the CoPR letter along with the picture and it was received by IRCC on June 1, 2020. At the time when I checked the PR card processing time it had said 90 days for first-time PR cards. Now the updated time is what you listed.

There has been no process on his file on GCKey. We have the same generic line that your mother's file does. I'll keep you posted if there is any update.
Hi Bushra

Thank you for your reply.
We were sent the COPR letter and the request for a picture that meets the PR card photo requirements on July 27, 2020. The start date of my mom's PR card application is July 27, 2020 - the same day she was granted permanent residency. So far, there has been no update on her GC Key account in terms of its adjudication other than a generic statement that says we are processing your application.

Reactions: bushra1122

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
Can someone please answer my question?
I submitted my h and c application in April and got an email about the acknowledgement of receipt on 11th of August along with a letter for biometrics. May I ask you guys that can biometrics be asked before the processing of the application starts ?
Thanks in advance
The application is not in process unless your status on e-cas gets upgraded to an in process stage. A request for biometrics is a part of the application completion process. Your application is not complete and can not be processed as per IRPR until there is valid biometrics on file.

I believe you asked the same question before.

Reactions: Ex ツ

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
The application is not in process unless your status on e-cas gets upgraded to an in process stage. A request for biometrics is a part of the application completion process. Your application is not complete and can not be processed as per IRPR until there is valid biometrics on file.

Thanks for replying
And yes I asked the question before but I am still anxious and not clear.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019

Also, I think the biometrics service at service canada and visa offices is suspended due to covid19

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi sanjida
I got my Aip too but I applied for open work permit extension long time ago You should do it as fast as you can because the time line process is 189 days more than six months
Omg is that long for get work permit now. Thanks for letting
Hi sanjida
omg it take that many days to proceed

Joel2020

Sep 10, 2020
Is there anyone here who recently got decision made without receiving AIP first and got approved for permanent residence?