+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Yes it’s not only exclusive to failed refugees but given the requirements for PRRA approval,it indirectly is.
Hi - I don't know precisely what you mean here, and maybe it's just me, but in the easiest to consume language that I can muster, a person with a removal order can access PRRA if their removal is imminent.

PRRA replaced the PDRCC - Post Determination of a Refugee Claim Class when IRPA came into effect in 2002. Its principle function is to cover the lengthy period of time between a negative Convention refugee determination and removal. PDRCC was exclusive to failed refugee claims but PRRA isn't.

People excluded from making a claim to Convention refugee status may still receive a limited PRRA, for example, where only s 97 (risk associated with a threat of torture or death) is considered.

I don't want to argue or appear disrespectful, but it's important to be accurate where we can.

Thanks

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi - I don't know precisely what you mean here, and maybe it's just me, but in the easiest to consume language that I can muster, a person with a removal order can access PRRA if their removal is imminent.

PRRA replaced the PDRCC - Post Determination of a Refugee Claim Class when IRPA came into effect in 2002. Its principle function is to cover the lengthy period of time between a negative Convention refugee determination and removal. PDRCC was exclusive to failed refugee claims but PRRA isn't.

People excluded from making a claim to Convention refugee status may still receive a limited PRRA, for example, where only s 97 (risk associated with a threat of torture or death) is considered.

I don't want to argue or appear disrespectful, but it's important to be accurate where we can.

Thanks
There’s no need to argue further but just because you don’t understand what I mean don’t make me wrong...

Hopeless2020

Sep 8, 2020
Hi all, unfortunately my refugee appeal denied by the RAD. I have already submitted application to Federal Court. But my lawyer said that “you can apply to H&C as well because of your kid who is 12 years old “. Now looking for information about H&C. Questions; 1-Can I apply without a lawyer to H&C ? Recommended? 2-What is the lawyer’s cost estimate for this application? 3- I paid tons of money to lawyer for Rpd and Rad . But they never care what lawyer says . Does a lawyer effect to result if I can hire a lawyer again? Thanks

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi all, unfortunately my refugee appeal denied by the RAD. I have already submitted application to Federal Court. But my lawyer said that “you can apply to H&C as well because of your kid who is 12 years old “. Now looking for information about H&C. Questions; 1-Can I apply without a lawyer to H&C ? Recommended? 2-What is the lawyer’s cost estimate for this application? 3- I paid tons of money to lawyer for Rpd and Rad . But they never care what lawyer says . Does a lawyer effect to result if I can hire a lawyer again? Thanks
Have you tried legal aid to see if you qualify for a legal aid certificate so you can afford a lawyer? If you’re going to pay yourself,you’re looking at 3-4K or more.I’d suggest you use a lawyer because,H&C is a very complicated application.

Reactions: Hopeless2020

Hopeless2020

Sep 8, 2020
Have you tried legal aid to see if you qualify for a legal aid certificate so you can afford a lawyer? If you’re going to pay yourself,you’re looking at 3-4K or more.I’d suggest you use a lawyer because,H&C is a very complicated application.
Does legal aid cover H&C fees?

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Ask well if you can apply to humanitarian. I remeber they rejected my file because I had a federal court appeal in process. I had to wait the last fail decision. After that they accepted my file, but because it doesnt give status I was deported to my country to wait their decision.

Hopeless2020

Sep 8, 2020
Ask well if you can apply to humanitarian. I remeber they rejected my file because I had a federal court appeal in process. I had to wait the last fail decision. After that they accepted my file, but because it doesnt give status I was deported to my country to wait their decision.
Lawyer said to me no needed wait FJ . I have a kid that’s why I’m eligible apply without wait 1 year long