+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Thanks, but we received a letter of biometrics along with the letter of acknowledgement of receipt,
So what does this mean ?
Does it mean the processing has already started when the ecas doesn't show processing started ?
The actual processing of your application has not begun yet. Bio-metrics are a part of the application package and your application will not be deemed complete without completing or complying with this requirement.

At some point, your application will be pre-screened and triaged at BRO/BRA-Vancouver. It will then be transferred to your local immigration office or one of the other BRO/BRAs responsible for adjudicating these kinds of petitions.

It will then be placed in an inventory for the files to be assigned and reviewed by senior immigration officers at the responsible BRO/BRAs. At that time, a senior immigration officer will be assigned to your file who will then render a Stage 1 decision.

Following a positive stage 1 decision, you will be sent a correspondence and be required to meet the other statutory requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Reactions: Godaboveall

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hey @bushra1122

How's it goinn? Has your dad received his PR card?

I was able to link my mom's PR card application. Immigration office submitted her application for PR card on July 27, 2020 - the same day she was granted a PR status and was landed a PR - we were notified by email with a COPR number.

It just says the PR card application is in progress and the submission date was July 27, 2020 - that is about it. Any idea as to how long it would take? I know the processing time on IRCC's website says 128 days, but I was wondering if anyone has received their card earlier than the posted averaged time frame.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
The actual processing of your application has not begun yet. Bio-metrics are a part of the application package and your application will not be deemed complete without completing or complying with this requirement.

At some point, your application will be pre-screened and triaged at BRO/BRA-Vancouver. It will then be transferred to your local immigration office or one of the other BRO/BRAs responsible for adjudicating these kinds of petitions.

It will then be placed in an inventory for the files to be assigned and reviewed by senior immigration officers at the responsible BRO/BRAs. At that time, a senior immigration officer will be assigned to your file who will then render a Stage 1 decision.

Following a positive stage 1 decision, you will be sent a correspondence and be required to meet the other statutory requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
@Canadienne_91 Is it correct to assume that once the status has changed to IN PROCESS, this is the time when the "senior immigration officer was assigned to your file"?

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019

thanks for your reply. good luck

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario

This is overall correct, except: the majority of stage 1 decisions are still made at BRO-Vancouver, and redistribution to local offices occur mainly for stage 2. Only a fraction of cases are redistributed prior to a stage 1 decision.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
@Canadienne_91 Is it correct to assume that once the status has changed to IN PROCESS, this is the time when the "senior immigration officer was assigned to your file"?
When you see In Process on ECAS for any PR application, it means the case has been placed into processing. For H&Cs, it means it has been triaged and chances are you are going to hear a stage 1 decision within weeks to a few months. The specific "assignement to officer" is not helpful because it doesn't tell you how quickly that particular officer is going to review your file.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
When you see In Process on ECAS for any PR application, it means the case has been placed into processing. For H&Cs, it means it has been triaged and chances are you are going to hear a stage 1 decision within weeks to a few months. The specific "assignement to officer" is not helpful because it doesn't tell you how quickly that particular officer is going to review your file.
Yes, this was my understanding as well. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: cantaloupe

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Hey @bushra1122

How's it goinn? Has your dad received his PR card?

I was able to link my mom's PR card application. Immigration office submitted her application for PR card on July 27, 2020 - the same day she was granted a PR status and was landed a PR - we were notified by email with a COPR number.

It just says the PR card application is in progress and the submission date was July 27, 2020 - that is about it. Any idea as to how long it would take? I know the processing time on IRCC's website says 128 days, but I was wondering if anyone has received their card earlier than the posted averaged time frame.
They've been particularly slow with PR card production which frustrates many. Just remember those announced processing times are not "average" but are percentile thresholds (for example 80th centile) which means 80% took that long or less. For the most part, people don't get surprised with a faster than expected delivery, sadly but if you monitor the trend for a few weeks, you can get a better estimate.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
They've been particularly slow with PR card production which frustrates many. Just remember those announced processing times are not "average" but are percentile thresholds (for example 80th centile) which means 80% took that long or less. For the most part, people don't get surprised with a faster than expected delivery, sadly but if you monitor the trend for a few weeks, you can get a better estimate.
I believe the same applies to the h&c processing times as well. Now it stands on 28 months but again it is just an estimate. We know a few people on this forum have been waiting for 28 m and are not in process yet.

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
I believe the same applies to the h&c processing times as well. Now it stands on 28 months but again it is just an estimate. We know a few people on this forum have been waiting for 28 m and are not in process yet.
You are right because I'm going 27month now and my APPLICATION just went in PROCESS couple weeks now.

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Asking out of curiosity. If I paid for PR fee and Application fee, right of pr fee and biometric fee. Would I still need to go through the process of getting biometrics?

Also, my application is based on Establishment and Hardship from my country. Started processing my application July 2020
Has anyone on this platform applied based on these terms? if so, how long did it take you to hear back for processing and AIP?

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
In my understanding BRO-Vancouver is the only one to check weather the application is complete then distribute to different office such as

BRO-NiagaraFalls
BRO-Montreal and other HM Office like Mississauga ON and Toronto ON

once the application received by this offices they are the one to process the file to make the decision not the Vancouver office. Once the AIP is made the same office who made the decision is the one also responsible for the second stage.

Thats why the AIP letter states that you must always update your mobile number, change of address to that office.

For example your application was in BRO-NiagaraFalls this office is the one to made decision of AIP and also the one to process your second stage.
I am only sharing my experience based on the nine years of volunteer work I've done in Canadian Immigration. :) In your case, the 1st stage may have ocurred at Niagara, no doubt. But HMID-Vancouver takes a huge share of these H&C decisions.
And bear in mind, keeping IRCC up to date with contact details including email and home address is very important! Not for deciding where your case goes to, but mainly to ensure you get the documents delivered to the right address/email.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I am only sharing my experience based on the nine years of volunteer work I've done in Canadian Immigration. :) In your case, the 1st stage may have ocurred at Niagara, no doubt. But HMID-Vancouver takes a huge share of these H&C decisions.
And bear in mind, keeping IRCC up to date with contact details including email and home address is very important! Not for deciding where your case goes to, but mainly to ensure you get the documents delivered to the right address/email.
Oh I see but do you think for example your file is in Niagara do you think the decision in AIP is came from Vancouver ? Or the Niagara BRO is the one to make the decision for AIP ?