+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any one here applied for PRRA.
Today I got a letter and they said I can apply for PRRA. But I was thinking to apply for H&C and I collect all the paper for H&C.
The letter from CBSA mention that if I don’t apply for PRRA they will remove me from Canada. Please help me with your advice.
What kind of documents do I need to make a file for PRRA. And what are the chances.
Thank you
You need to be speaking to a lawyer at this point because you have almost exhausted your options. We know very little about your case. Where you are from, how you got to Canada, whether you may have been under TPP or living without status in the US for a long period of time, your reason for seeking asylum, etc.

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi guys,

Would anyone know how accurate is ECAS?

How often does it get updated?

Beside ECAS and tool free number is there any other more accurate/ more detailed way of finding out status of H&C application? To be more precise im trying to find out since when is my application in process? It has been submitted May 2018 and there is no other lines on the ECAS other than applications is received!
Hello, I’m in the same situation. I applied last June and no other news in my case since that month... There is someone else who applied last year and already have AIP?

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Sorry I can't tell if concurrent processing gives better chance for AIP or not, it will definitely depend on your case, so make sure to work very well on your file and add as many proof as you can to prove why your relationship is genuine and why your removal will impact your partner and expecting child (did your wife have close family that can help her with the baby if you are not here anymore).

Don't base your entire h&c application on your expecting child, since your child is not born yet is best interest will be hard to determine. If his mother is completely capable to take care of the baby, officer can decide that your presence in his first few years is not necessary, as more the child lives with the parent more is best interest will be impact if this parent is far from him( if it's make any sense).

Add some establishment proof and genuine relationship proof that lacked in your previous sponsorship. Read your refusal reason in GCMS note to see how you can erase those concerns.
I agree with you ! I ordered gcms notes and found the note from senior immi officer where she mentioned which factors she considered to grant my mom AIP , first one was the relationship between me & my mom , she state that it’s very important for both of us to stay together as how we support each other also the bonding between us etc , then the community involvement of my mom , how active she is despite of her sickness she never stayed at home rather she involved her self in community work. Then her hardship why she should stay here ,what negative impact she would face if she has to go back , then she mentioned about me .. she mentioned how mom got the fastest treatment ever and how she recovered faster .plus after the medical the NHR confirmed that she wouldn’t be a burden of Heath and social sector . She gave importance about the supporting letters from the community organizations also she added couple of factors. It was well explained and lastly she said she is satisfied that’s why the AIP has been granted.Two pages notes and my eyes become teary while I was reading her note. May God bless her .

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Today I got a letter and they said I can apply for PRRA. But I was thinking to apply for H&C and I collect all the paper for H&C.
The letter from CBSA mention that if I don’t apply for PRRA they will remove me from Canada. Please help me with your advice.
What kind of documents do I need to make a file for PRRA. And what are the chances.
Thank you
Yes, unless you apply for PRRA, you will not get what they call a "stay of removal" which stops the removal order, and only H&C does not prevent removal.

Try to apply for PRRA and H&C at the same time. They're both processed by the Humanitarian Migration Branch (formerly BRO) system and according to the IRCC manual, if you apply for both they're usually processed jointly in their own merits.

Talk to your lawyer or legal representative and see what's the best option there is for you.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

Did you ask an exemption for possible medical inadmissibility for any member of your family? Or did you mention something that can make officer wonder you may be inadmissible on medical? If the answer is yes, this maybe why they ask you and your family to do medical before 1st approval.

If you don't request one, note that recently IRCC ask fees and medical to many H&C applicants before AIP and it not a garanty of approval as an applicant in this forum mentioned being rejected after doing all those requirements.

Don't stress yourself out. Send all they asked and keep faith.
Hi
Thanks for Detailed information

I gave medical yesterday. Now how long will it take to get first approval?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

Did you ask an exemption for possible medical inadmissibility for any member of your family? Or did you mention something that can make officer wonder you may be inadmissible on medical? If the answer is yes, this maybe why they ask you and your family to do medical before 1st approval.

If you don't request one, note that recently IRCC ask fees and medical to many H&C applicants before AIP and it not a garanty of approval as an applicant in this forum mentioned being rejected after doing all those requirements.

Don't stress yourself out. Send all they asked and keep faith.
Hi
Thanks for reply, please tell me after medical received, how long normally they take reply negative or positive?
Please answer my question

ismeilda

Sep 3, 2017
Hi
Thanks for reply, please tell me after medical received, how long normally they take reply negative or positive?
Please answer my question

Hi Bobby, someone on another forum just got AIP. he/she applied on december 2018 and completed medical, RPRF fees, passport, PCC, and financial proof on mach 2019 and got AIP May 02. Good luck!

Reactions: Bobby_786

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you
Hi,
Can you please tell at what stage you got an offer for prra?
After refugee appeal or after federal court?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi hurricane, any news? did it took long from file revew to DM?
Iam waiting for the landing interview, the final review to DM took 3 weeks. but that DM only showed in the ECAS, I called IRCC, and they said this DM should be email to you first then landing interview will come after...
do you have any information of how long it take to get that, because I'm really exhausted, I need to have my PR before July, as I need to visit my mom and she is sick, I dont until when they put those process waiting and waiting..

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
You need to be speaking to a lawyer at this point because you have almost exhausted your options. We know very little about your case. Where you are from, how you got to Canada, whether you may have been under TPP or living without status in the US for a long period of time, your reason for seeking asylum, etc.
May I know what is TPP.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
Can you please tell at what stage you got an offer for prra?
After refugee appeal or after federal court?
Actually my appeal was rejected in 2015. And I need to reporting every month. So this month I went to CBSA for change voice system as they change the 74 Victoria street for Reporting centre. When I was at 6900 airport road they told me Officer wants to talk with me. So then she told me I can apply for PRRA and if I failed she will remove me within 4 to 6 weeks.
So it’s almost after 3 years they asked me to do PRRA

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Yes, unless you apply for PRRA, you will not get what they call a "stay of removal" which stops the removal order, and only H&C does not prevent removal.

Try to apply for PRRA and H&C at the same time. They're both processed by the Humanitarian Migration Branch (formerly BRO) system and according to the IRCC manual, if you apply for both they're usually processed jointly in their own merits.

Talk to your lawyer or legal representative and see what's the best option there is for you.
I talked with lawyer they said I need to apply for both. But chances are very low, especially for PRRA. Actually my previous refugee case was rejected for Misrepresenting. That’s why it’s very hard. Now they said I need very strong evidence to prove. But my lawyer is out of town and I don’t know what’s kind of strong evidence I need. I have some Newspapers which tells I have serious problem in back home. Do u know what else I need.
Thanks

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
I talked with lawyer they said I need to apply for both. But chances are very low, especially for PRRA. Actually my previous refugee case was rejected for Misrepresenting. That’s why it’s very hard. Now they said I need very strong evidence to prove. But my lawyer is out of town and I don’t know what’s kind of strong evidence I need. I have some Newspapers which tells I have serious problem in back home. Do u know what else I need.
Thanks
If it's rejected because of that, there are not too many things we should or could recommend. This is a really serious case and you need to talk to a professional about it. I can say though simply a generalized risk is not sufficient.