H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sangin1

Star Member
Jan 24, 2024
Aor : October 2022
Processing Since : April 2023
Criminality Passed: November 2023
Info Sharing still in progress
I am wonderinghow long info sharing may takes time !!!
My info sharing is completed
Did they ask you for medical exam?

NickNick22

Star Member
Jan 5, 2024
From reading through this thread, I believe you may request for priority processing under extenuating circumstances. Before submitting your application, cases with family violence or abuse can be indicated on the application envelope (paper application only. For online applications, maybe a webform). And they will give it priority and process in a couple of months.
If you already have AIP and awaiting final decision, you can request for priority processing where for example you have a pending school start date (you email your BRO with the admission letter and explain that you need your COPR or may lose your spot) and they will process your second stage approval much faster. I read a case on here where the poster was in this exact situation.
I can't think of any situation that would make them process a stage one application with priority though. I hope this helps.
Thanks for you feedback. I'm still waiting for AIP. Yes, all personal background proofs were included to the application

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Can the enrollment of children in school also contribute to prioritizing the application before AIP?
I don't think so. Just because there are sanctuary provinces like Ontario where your kids can go to school without status. So they might argue that you have the choice of moving there. Just like they use IFA to reject refugee cases.

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Aor : October 2022
Processing Since : April 2023
Criminality Passed: November 2023
Info Sharing still in progress
I am wonderinghow long info sharing may takes time !!!
In cases where you have only been to your home country and Canada, info sharing can start before AIP. Especially if you included your PCC from home country in the application. If you have a travel history outside Canada and home country, they will likely start info sharing again after AIP and that can take one - three months if simple. If longer than three months, likely means it's gone into enhanced screening and may take up to a year.
Disclaimer: This is based on my own research. I am not an expert or worked with any of these orgs (CBSA or IRCC).

Reactions: Meggi ifeanyi

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
In cases where you have only been to your home country and Canada, info sharing can start before AIP. Especially if you included your PCC from home country in the application. If you have a travel history outside Canada and home country, they will likely start info sharing again after AIP and that can take one - three months if simple. If longer than three months, likely means it's gone into enhanced screening and may take up to a year.
Disclaimer: This is based on my own research. I am not an expert or worked with any of these orgs (CBSA or IRCC).
What about info sharing before AIP taking over a year? is that possible? For people who have lived and travelled outside home country for more than half their life

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
What about info sharing before AIP taking over a year? is that possible? For people who have lived and travelled outside home country for more than half their life
Not too sure about this one. Did you submit PCCs for these countries with your application? If the countries are part of The Five Eyes (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US and UK) it's possible they are still doing the checks because these countries share information with each other.

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Not too sure about this one. Did you submit PCCs for these countries with your application? If the countries are part of The Five Eyes (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US and UK) it's possible they are still doing the checks because these countries share information with each other.
I submitted PCCs for 2 countries (country of birth till 20 and then country of residence since then) but its none of those countries...travelled for small trips to other countries in Asia but thats it..

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I submitted PCCs for 2 countries (country of birth till 20 and then country of residence since then) but its none of those countries...travelled for small trips to other countries in Asia but thats it..
Since you submitted the PCCs, it makes sense that they started info sharing before AIP. It might remain in progress until you get final approval. Because you still have to pass security and that info will also be shared, then decision made and final approval. Best of luck!

Sangin1

Star Member
Jan 24, 2024
Since you submitted the PCCs, it makes sense that they started info sharing before AIP. It might remain in progress until you get final approval. Because you still have to pass security and that info will also be shared, then decision made and final approval. Best of luck!
Do you know what is the next assignment after passed criminality and info sharing
I have submitted RCMP and back home PCC.