+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
Hi @ Lar Mo I remember @tony4454 was able to track his pr card by creating a GCKEY account and linking his pr card to it. Also I can't say I agree to family pr cards not arriving together because 4 of us were waiting me, my husband and two of our children and we all got out pr cards on the same day. Hope I was able to help
How though? I created GCKEY but don’t know/have any card application number. The only application number i have is the H&C one that starts with H. On ECAS It only says Complete. Where do i see application number for PRcard? @tony4454

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
Any idea been on social assistance and H&C outcomes?
Is it negative sign I am on ODSP?
Does that hurt application?

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
One of lawyers is recommended me to apply for ODSP AND got approved but I don’t know if it’s good idea?
she is in legal aid Ontario

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
That's terrible advice. You should be self supporting and not on social assistance/receiving welfare benefits of any kind. It does not help your application.

Reactions: canuck78

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
That's terrible advice. You should be self supporting and not on social assistance/receiving welfare benefits of any kind. It does not help your application.
To be honest I’m still having doubt why she told me like that
She was a white blonde most famous Canadian lawyer in the city

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hi @ Lar Mo I remember @tony4454 was able to track his pr card by creating a GCKEY account and linking his pr card to it. Also I can't say I agree to family pr cards not arriving together because 4 of us were waiting me, my husband and two of our children and we all got out pr cards on the same day. Hope I was able to help
@Pear23, it is possible for PR cards to arrive together for all family members and also possible to arrive separately. Ours arrived 3 different times for my family of four within a space of four weeks.
First was mine and my daughter’s followed by my husband’s after 2 weeks and 2 weeks later, that of my son.
It is natural to worry but I assure you all that everything will be alright. It will always end in praise. Good luck to all still waiting.

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
@Pear23, it is possible for PR cards to arrive together for all family members and also possible to arrive separately. Ours arrived 3 different times for my family of four within a space of four weeks.
First was mine and my daughter’s followed by my husband’s after 2 weeks and 2 weeks later, that of my son.
It is natural to worry but I assure you all that everything will be alright. It will always end in praise. Good luck to all still waiting.
@SweetQueen am aware that family PR cards can arrive separately. I was addressing the fact the persons were telling @Lar Mo that family PR card always comes separately so I wanted her to know that that's not always the case as ours came at the same time which is why I said I didn't agree with them saying as a family it will arrive separately.

Reactions: SweetQueen

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
@SweetQueen am aware that family PR cards can arrive separately. I was addressing the fact the persons were telling @Lar Mo that family PR card always comes separately so I wanted her to know that that's not always the case as ours came at the same time which is why I said I didn't agree with them saying as a family it will arrive separately.
@Pear23, I totally agree with you my dear. By the way, congratulations on your PR. Finally it ended in praise. I thank God for you and your family.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Hi Guys

i applied for my fathers H&C in canada! i received this letter with he below information and processing times, contact them if any changes etc and their office contact information!

is this an AOR

Dear ……..

This letter confirms that your application for permanent residence under humanitarian and compassionate considerations was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Humanitarian Migration Office in Vancouver on 2023-11-24

following by processing times and contract info etc

C&I Services Assistant
office name
Did u get bio metric request?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi senior members, i hope you all are doing well on this Christmas Day.

I'm new member in this forum.
I'm just confused about something that i couldn't understand how it could work.

Does anyone mind sharing your experiences or information with me about how you were able to continue working or obtain a work permit without facing deportation by CBSA while waiting for your H&C application to process for stage 1 approval?

Because from what I have read, when we apply for H&C, it means we are already out of status.
How can we renew our work permit if we are already out of status?
I've also read in this forum that some members have been waiting for 3 years for their H&C stage 1 approval.
How can they support themselves and their families if they are already out of status?

Thank you for time and have a good day.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Does anyone mind sharing your experiences or information with me about how you were able to continue working or obtain a work permit without facing deportation by CBSA while waiting for your H&C application to process for stage 1 approval?

Because from what I have read, when we apply for H&C, it means we are already out of status.
I've also read in this forum that some members have been waiting for 3 years for their H&C stage 1 approval.
How can they support themselves and their families if they are already out of status?

I don't think there are any options for you to apply for a work permit right now. You would need to wait until you have stage 1 approval.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020

@DaveAngel, If you came to Canada as a refugee and have under age children, you can apply for work permit renewal and attaching a letter appealing to officer that you have children and do not want to depend on welfare support. Attache the kids ID and other documents like school reports.
Wishing you best of luck.

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
I don't think there are any options for you to apply for a work permit right now. You would need to wait until you have stage 1 approval.
Hi @scylla,

Thank you for your response.
I just wondered how some members could support themselves while waiting for 1st stage approval, which takes months or even years, if they couldn't obtain a work permit.

Reactions: wello711