+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
So it means, if you have both PRRA and H&C application in progress, you will most likely get quicker result rather than when you apply for only H&C. I have both applications in progress and if that happens I will share it here as well.
Hi, with the greatest respect, yes it does.

IRCC and the CBSA share priorities, and the IRCC makes decisions that interact with the mandate of the CBSA.

IRCC is frequently providing the work that the CBSA is doing with PRRA decisions, so to have a PRRA and an H&C will most likely see the decision arrived at more rapidly.

If people see the term "straight H&C," then what this means is that there is no accompanying PRRA. The reason that there is a term for the "stand alone H&C," (yet another term) is that they're always ferreting out H&C/PRRA cases for priority.

Why? Removals. Canada is either going to enforce IRPA or Canada's policies are going to save that effort. That time and energy (and don't forget $) will be directed for another removal.

I think that you're usually correct but having both an H&C and a PRRA will most generally be decided ahead of any straight H&C. An "in-status H&C" (without any removal order) is the lowest priority because there's no priority other than its age. They do them when they look like they're getting too old on the shelf.

Hello all! First off, thanks so much, the info you share in this forum is super useful and clear so much doubt.
This thread caught my attention because I am kinda in the same process, but I believe I never send a PRRA application.
We applied for refugee, got denied, the same day official advised us about PRRA, also they gave us an exclusion order, but not removal was enforced because our country has some exception and we can stay in Canada. The official told us they will contact us to make the PRRA official, that was on Nov 2020, no call since then.
Because of the exclusion order, we waited the year ban and after that applied for H&C (on-line) on Nov 2021. Since then we just got the AOR, nothing else, we try to check our case on the case tool, nothing, IRCC call center, same standard message, never talked to a real person, also request ATIP records, and the only change we noticed is the work permit renewal.
So, after reading you, I believe we don't have a PRRA.
I really appreciate your thoughts, almost 2 years without a single change.
Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello all! First off, thanks so much, the info you share in this forum is super useful and clear so much doubt.
This thread caught my attention because I am kinda in the same process, but I believe I never send a PRRA application.
We applied for refugee, got denied, the same day official advised us about PRRA, also they gave us an exclusion order, but not removal was enforced because our country has some exception and we can stay in Canada. The official told us they will contact us to make the PRRA official, that was on Nov 2020, no call since then.
Because of the exclusion order, we waited the year ban and after that applied for H&C (on-line) on Nov 2021. Since then we just got the AOR, nothing else, we try to check our case on the case tool, nothing, IRCC call center, same standard message, never talked to a real person, also request ATIP records, and the only change we noticed is the work permit renewal.
So, after reading you, I believe we don't have a PRRA.
I really appreciate your thoughts, almost 2 years without a single change.
Thanks so much!
Most likely, based on the exclusion order, they are not prioritizing your application for processing. Because they know you cannot be removed from Canada. Still it's a long time to wait with no changes.
I would suggest you keep calling until you get to talk to a real person. It's not impossible.

Reactions: Robin220

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hello my just received my first approval through re-consideration
Time line:
Applied Sept 30 2022
Refused Aug 8 2023
Reconsideration Oct 3 2023 (gathered a lot of medical evidence that cause the delay)
Approved Oct 17 2023
@Pear23 thank you for all the help
wow congratulation, so happy for you guys who win this battle ...... Please pray for us who are still in Process

• Love
Reactions: Waiting2020

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
I just have a question though about the note this one is highlighted in the letter “arrangement for your care and support” is this financial requirement?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone just got a re-consideration approved today after 15 days @Pear23 I leave it all to god as what you said thank you very much but what is arrangements for your care and support means in the eligibility? Thank you
Wow I am truly happy for you @Waiting2020...can you tell me more as to how it was stated as my approval letter didn't say that

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
Wow I am truly happy for you @Waiting2020...can you tell me more as to how it was stated as my approval letter didn't say that
Your H&C application was considered on its substantive merits and refused on 2023/07/31. This letter is in response to your request for reconsideration dated 2023/10/03.
Following a review of your recent submissions, we are pleased to inform you that you meet the conditions (eligibility requirements), and your application has been approved in principle.
You must meet all other requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations, such as medical, security, passport and arrangements for your care and support. As your application is processed, separate decisions will be made about whether you meet these other requirements. - the part of arrangement for your care is highlighted in the letter is it because I have dependents in the Philippines?