+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
My family applied for H&C in April 2023,
We received the file number in June 2023.
In 12 July 2023 we received a deportation order.
22 Aug was the deportation day, but at 16 Aug lawyer apply for PRRA reconsideration as it was denied in May 2023. And it was accepted to open the PRRA again and hold the deportation order.
in 1st, August H&C file statu changed to “processing “
11 Oct received messag from CBSA officer that he needs to meet for delivering the PRRA and H&C decision.
We called IRCC and they decl that decision had been made and delivered to CBSA.
we will meet the CBSA officer next week.

We are now waiting but worried for some points; if you can advise -
1- Why decision for both came in one time ?
2- Is it a good sign or bad sign to come both decisions in fast time ?
3- Can CBSA officer expedite both decisions ?
4- Was both decisions made by one officer ?
Hi dear, I am not sure what your praa decision will be as it was sent back for reconsideration but I can tell you that an H&C that shows decision made before aip is refusal. Yes the decision was made by the same officer and no CBSA can't expedite the decisions. Hoping your praa is positive. All the best

Jul 15, 2023
Hi dear, I am not sure what your praa decision will be as it was sent back for reconsideration but I can tell you that an H&C that shows decision made before aip is refusal. Yes the decision was made by the same officer and no CBSA can't expedite the decisions. Hoping your praa is positive. All the best
Hi the earlier PRRA decision was negative, that’s why we sent back for reconsideration when we receive the deportation order.
For the H&C it still shows submitted in the portal, but when we called them by phone just few days back, the agent said that decision made.
Another point, why both decisions sent to the CBSA officer and not to our lawyer ?

Reactions: Eb4Ks

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hi the earlier PRRA decision was negative, that’s why we sent back for reconsideration when we receive the deportation order.
For the H&C it still shows submitted in the portal, but when we called them by phone just few days back, the agent said that decision made.
Another point, why both decisions sent to the CBSA officer and not to our lawyer ?
Your lawyer should get a copy of your h&c decision but am guessing that since you are a subject of removal and cbsa is the one that tells the client what their praa decision is the officer just gave them both decisions to deliver. It's hard to predict when it comes on to ircc because have seen where they sent the lawyer the decision and not cbsa and vice-versa.

annamanjk

Jun 17, 2023
Hi great family,

I applied for H&C in June 15,2022 received aor in July 15 2022 and nothing since then , within this period my JR was approved for another appeal to be sent in again for redetermination in September 6th 2023 now i have two opportunities running for a chance to become either conventional refugee or PR holder

So my questions are, who may decide my faith first?
Can IRCC put H&C on hold pending the time my RAD will be decided ?

OR if any1 as ever experience this before?
Pls any1 I need advice or personal experiences or what could probably happen?
Thnks

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi great family,

I applied for H&C in June 15,2022 received aor in July 15 2022 and nothing since then , within this period my JR was approved for another appeal to be sent in again for redetermination in September 6th 2023 now i have two opportunities running for a chance to become either conventional refugee or PR holder

Thnks

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi great family,

Thnks
Hi I have the same timeline with you then but my h&c came out before JR NOW am now a pr holder

annamanjk

Jun 17, 2023
Hi it is good that your claim was sent for redetermination. Base on my understanding you can't have both refugee claim and H&C in process at the same time one has to be withdrawn. I am not one hundred percent sure how it works but I know that we can't have both going at the sametime...hopefully there's somone else in this forum with more knowledge regarding your questions.
Thanks soo much

Reactions: Pear23

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

tstarhash

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Hello Everyone This Forum really helps lot of people and me too what i see Please help each other all ways.
I received a removal order from CBSA to come for an first interview airport road.
My whole refugee is dismissed. So well all ready applied August 2023 for H&C online application after my JR dismissed in we applied H&C , I got AOR from Vancouver office and biometric is done before AOR.
I inform my H&C lawyer too i had made appointment with lawyer let see what he suggest
but can you tell me any idea i am with family wife and three kids.
what will be best idea to use at border agency or what will be lawyer can help me will you give some any idea
or may be again lawyer start taking money i am confused.
MY PASSPORT IS NOT EXPIRED, BUT MY WIFE PASSPORT IS EXPIRED AND SON PASSPORT IS EXPIRED WELL MY DAUGHTER WHICH SHE BORN IN CANADA HER PASSPORT IS VALID AND I HAVE TWO MONTHS BABY BOY I DID'NT APPLIED PASSPORT FOR HIM YET. SO CBSA TOLD ME TO COME AND SEE FOR INTRVIEW AND BRING ALL DOCUMENTS. WHAT SHOULD I DO LET ME KNOW THANKS AND PLEASE GUIDE ME BECAUSE MAY BE YOU ALSO IN MY SAME POSISITION BEFORE.

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello Everyone This Forum really helps lot of people and me too what i see Please help each other all ways.
I received a removal order from CBSA to come for an first interview airport road.
My whole refugee is dismissed. So well all ready applied August 2023 for H&C online application after my JR dismissed in we applied H&C , I got AOR from Vancouver office and biometric is done before AOR.
I inform my H&C lawyer too i had made appointment with lawyer let see what he suggest
what will be best idea to use at border agency or what will be lawyer can help me will you give some any idea
MY PASSPORT IS NOT EXPIRED, BUT MY WIFE PASSPORT IS EXPIRED AND SON PASSPORT IS EXPIRED WELL MY DAUGHTER WHICH SHE BORN IN CANADA HER PASSPORT IS VALID AND I HAVE TWO MONTHS BABY BOY I DID'NT APPLIED PASSPORT FOR HIM YET. SO CBSA TOLD ME TO COME AND SEE FOR INTRVIEW AND BRING ALL DOCUMENTS. WHAT SHOULD I DO LET ME KNOW THANKS AND PLEASE GUIDE ME BECAUSE MAY BE YOU ALSO IN MY SAME POSISITION BEFORE.
Hi I was once in your position but God came through for us....unfortunately CBSA is proceeding with the removal they will asked you to get your baby's passport and bring proof that you applied for the passport on your next appointment...your H&C was recent so am not sure if the officer will be kind enough to let you stay until your H&C is decided. Just comply with them and leave it in God's hands...remember it's never over until it's over. All the best

Reactions: Sfoph and fagsey

sa5555

Oct 13, 2023
Hi,
I called IRCC and they told me that eligibility and security assessment along with medical assessment have not yet been completed but criminality check has been completed. I applied in Nov 2022. What's the average wait time until I hear back about AIP?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All you can do is go to the appointment and see what CBSA says. You must go to the appointment not going will cause many more problems. I would be hiring a lawyer to see if they can get your removal order on hold but you only recently applied for H&C so tough to say what will happen since it could be over a year before you get a response about your H&C application and it’s not expected soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If the AIP results are ready the decision was very recent and results may still be in transit. What agent are you talking about CBSA, IRCC, H&C office?