+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi @Ebonybaba247
I can say categorically that JR has nothing to do with the processing of H&C application.

Below is My Timeline for both JR & HC

1. Feb 5th 2022 - JR submitted
2. Feb 10 2022 - H&C submitted online.
3. Feb 22nd 2022 - AOR (H&C)
4. Sept 9th 2022 - Leave Granted for JR, hearing set for Nov 2022.
5. Oct 20th 2022 - AIP (H&C)
6. Nov 19th 2022 - I put J&R in abeyance (hold).
7. Apr 13th 2023 - Final Approval & Portal email (H&C)
8. April 14th 2023 - 2nd Portal email & upload completed.
9. April 18th 2023 - ECOPR
10. April 19th STRIKE ( Smiles)
11. April 21, 2023 - I filed discontinuance for J&R
12. May 5th 2023 - Fed Court discontinued JR.

STILL WAITING FOR PR CARD
Thanks for your great advice I received my AIP today

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Its AIP.
Congratulations
Thanks
Congratulations again.
Now you know that JR has nothing to do with H&C.
Meanwhile I hope you haven't paid for the JR hearing? If not, please DO NOT PAY!
Ask your lawyer to put it in Abeyance pending when final decision is made on H&C.
Save yourself the money...
You don't need the JR anymore.
Yes have not pay for it

Reactions: Canny007

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Can someone let me know how do we get AIP? Is it an email or physical mail to lawyer? What does the status say in ECAS? also, when it says "Medical results have been received" , does that mean that its already passed?

Reactions: SweetQueen

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Good Morning Guys

I applied my H and C in April 2023 under best interest of child and establishment in Canada and hardship in back home received my AOR in june 2023, how long usually take to get next update, My lawyer said it will take at least 1 year for next update . Any Advice appreciated

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Robin220
Good Morning Guys

I applied my H and C in April 2023 under best interest of child and establishment in Canada and hardship in back home received my AOR in june 2023, how long usually take to get next update, My lawyer said it will take at least 1 year for next update . Any Advice appreciated
Don't trust on the lawyer word bro . My lawyer said exactly the same thing it's 13 months and till nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: Robin220

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Can someone let me know how do we get AIP? Is it an email or physical mail to lawyer? What does the status say in ECAS? also, when it says "Medical results have been received" , does that mean that its already passed?
AIP usually comes in email but I think paper form is also possible but all the people I know received via email.
Medical received means that you passed.
They would indicate issues if there was a problem.
Have faith, you’re almost done.
Good luck my friend.

Scotian2012

Jun 16, 2023
Hello everyone!
I’m new to this page, but I’ve been following it for years as I prepared my H&C application, I just want to say you all have been really helpful in taming my anxiety with this process and what to expect. Thank you!
I started my h&c process in 2020 with one of the best immigration Lawyers in Toronto, it was a long frustrating process of gathering documents, but finally I submitted my application in February 2023, I received AOR in March & biometric request and I received another AOR in June(is this normal?) my lawyer included all documents for stage 1&2 including PCC, medical is the only thing I would have to do when that time comes, my lawyer says this is best as it makes the file look complete and it is less work for the officer. wish me luck on this journey as I am both anxious and scared but mostly hopeful. Grounds were establishment in Canada, victim of DV, and inability to assimilate in home country because of no support system. Wishing all of us good luck, we are Canada just as much as those with legal status etc.
I have decided to write my local MP on behalf of the issues we are facing with processing times and the harsh realities of being sidelined in all immigration processes.

suadae

Feb 15, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’m new to this page, but I’ve been following it for years as I prepared my H&C application, I just want to say you all have been really helpful in taming my anxiety with this process and what to expect. Thank you!
I started my h&c process in 2020 with one of the best immigration Lawyers in Toronto, it was a long frustrating process of gathering documents, but finally I submitted my application in February 2023, I received AOR in March & biometric request and I received another AOR in June(is this normal?) my lawyer included all documents for stage 1&2 including PCC, medical is the only thing I would have to do when that time comes, my lawyer says this is best as it makes the file look complete and it is less work for the officer. wish me luck on this journey as I am both anxious and scared but mostly hopeful. Grounds were establishment in Canada, victim of DV, and inability to assimilate in home country because of no support system. Wishing all of us good luck, we are Canada just as much as those with legal status etc.
I have decided to write my local MP on behalf of the issues we are facing with processing times and the harsh realities of being sidelined in all immigration processes.
Hello. Wish you good luck. It's good that you're here and you can compare timelines with other people who submitted in around the same time.
As for 2 AORs, even I received it last year in June twice and I know some other members too but nothing to worry it's just how their processing works I guess. It's good that you sent a complete package and it definitely does help. You will notice your application go into process in a few months and medical will be requested if you clear stage 1 (usually). Yes it is a harsh and not a very effective process and I hope it gets better. But this is what we have to be patient with. It's an anxious, long and a draining process so stay strong and be positive is all I can suggest. Good luck to everyone.