+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
August 2021 application submitted, December 2021 in process. Applied for GCMS notes, no response on those as well.
praying and hoping for the positive outcome patiently.
This is a long time line for no update . I pray you get positive answers .

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Guy my account change to decision made today…thank you all @Katayoon thank you… I remember when I was about to give up you sent me a msg that encourages me. And there are more but I can’t remember your names. Thank you all. And I will still be here to encourage everyone and give back the knowledge I learnt.
Congratulations to you.

Reactions: Taweda

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
HC Refused today. Officer did not specify any reasons; just said they considered ALL factors and did not find it sufficient: My grounds was best interest of child also consequences of separation from relatives and ties to Canada. Very strong case with medical notes. I think officer completely ignored all the factors and deiced to just move on to the next case. Im devastated....
Sorry to hear about this. Like most people say in this forum, it's never over until you say so. Just pick up from there and move to the next plan. It will end well

Reactions: bella12

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Thank you so much Tony! I will do that right away... I cant wait to see what was the real reason behind the refusal such a strong well supported case... I gathered all evidences I could have, school, sports, pediatrician, clinic, hospital, employer, friends, volunteering. What else did they want I wonder...
Some agents don't really take time to go through supporting documents. Stay positive and focused. It will surely come back well

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
I finally have some good news, I received AIP
It has not been easy.

My full timeline is

We've received your application for permanent residence on March 12,2019.
AOR: April 12,2019.
We started processing your application on October 8, 2020
Decision made: February 2021 (negative)

Filed for JR : February 2021
Leave to appeal granted: May 2022
Court Appeal : August 2022
Positive court decision : August 2022 ( 2 weeks after court date)
Application sent for redetermination (showing in process on e-cas): September 2022
Asked to update my application: September 2022
Medical Instructions Sent: October 2022
Medicals Received: October 2022
AIP, request for police certificates and financial info : November 2022

I really want to thank the members of this forum for all the helpful information and encouragement shared here.

I especially want to thank user @bella12 that posted a detailed guideline for writing immigration story.

My lawyer asked for $3000 just to update my application in September. I refused because he did not submit enough evidence in the first place and that’s why my first application was denied.

I updated my application by myself following the guidelines in @bella12 ’s post which was very helpful.

Does have any guidelines on how to submit the information requested with AIP?
They’ve asked for police certificate, I’ve been in Canada since I was 17 and haven’t left the country. What do I do?
For employment, I lost my job when my sin expired in 2019 and I haven’t worked since then. I’ve been living with and supported by my friends. How do I show this?

Sending positive vibes to everyone.
Congratulations

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello good firends, I am about to start my H&C. My refugee hearing was negative in May 2021. We put in our Appeal immediately. I also applied for the last Healthcare pathway, since I work as a Psw. After rhe Pathway application, my Appeal was put onhold, while they were determining the Pathway. I letter received a refusal letter for the pathway i October 2021. In November 2022, my lawyer received a letter from RAD that my appeal has been put onhold as they received a letter that i applied for Pathway and will resume the appeal when a decision is made on my pathway. Remember, i already received a letter from IRCC in October refusing my Pathway application. While my Lawyer got a RAD letter in November saying they are waiting for Pathway decision. I want to go ahead with my H&C due to best interests children, Health condition and establishment in Canada over 4 years.

A lawyer says he is not sure if I can go ahead and submit H&C yet. It's almost 2 years refugee application failed and appeal now on hold. What do I do. Please I need direction @Katayoon and anyone that has idea on this situation. Thanks and God bless

discoatlanta

May 28, 2021
Hello everybody, i receive great news today that my pr has been approved. I applied through H&C. Here is my timeline:
- application received july 2021
- AOR september 2021
- started processing application december 2021
- medical july 2022
- background check started august 2022
- decison made/ invitation to portal November 2022

I hope the timeline brings some insight. Praying that everybody gets a positive response soon.

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello everybody, i receive great news today that my pr has been approved. I applied through H&C. Here is my timeline:
- application received july 2021
- AOR september 2021
- started processing application december 2021
- medical july 2022
- background check started august 2022
- decison made/ invitation to portal November 2022

I hope the timeline brings some insight. Praying that everybody gets a positive response soon.
This is wonderful. Congratulations.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello good firends, I am about to start my H&C. My refugee hearing was negative in May 2021. We put in our Appeal immediately. I also applied for the last Healthcare pathway, since I work as a Psw. After rhe Pathway application, my Appeal was put onhold, while they were determining the Pathway. I letter received a refusal letter for the pathway i October 2021. In November 2022, my lawyer received a letter from RAD that my appeal has been put onhold as they received a letter that i applied for Pathway and will resume the appeal when a decision is made on my pathway. Remember, i already received a letter from IRCC in October refusing my Pathway application. While my Lawyer got a RAD letter in November saying they are waiting for Pathway decision. I want to go ahead with my H&C due to best interests children, Health condition and establishment in Canada over 4 years.

A lawyer says he is not sure if I can go ahead and submit H&C yet. It's almost 2 years refugee application failed and appeal now on hold. What do I do. Please I need direction @Katayoon and anyone that has idea on this situation. Thanks and God bless
Has your lawyer responded to RAD notifying them of pathway refusal?

Reactions: Donald15

Love101

Feb 8, 2022

Technically you are not eligible for H&C if you have a RAD case going on. IRCC will return your application.
Secondly I think you have to let RAD know that your Pathway application failed already and they can resume the RAD process.
Or else you might be stuck here and not be able to move on. Best of luck in your RAD and hopefully it get approved, so u don't have to deal with JR and then H&C uncertainties.

Last edited:

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Has your lawyer responded to RAD notifying them of pathway refusal?
When I told him then about the pathway refusal letter, he said it is not my responsibility to inform RAD of the IRCC decision on the pathway. He said its the IRCC that will send another letter to the RAD informing them of the pathway decision.

For the H&C that am am planning to put in, am not using the Appeal lawyer.