+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hallo family, am asking for help , I got a positive decision in Sept (convention refugee) and immediately applied for my Pr, and today I received AIP for my humaniterian file , can I cancel my refugee convention status and continue with Humaniterian or keep it .because I have both positive decision
It will be appreciated of you can give me one of them lol
You are so lucky friend. Congrats

Last edited:

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hallo family, am asking for help , I got a positive decision in Sept (convention refugee) and immediately applied for my Pr, and today I received AIP for my humaniterian file , can I cancel my refugee convention status and continue with Humaniterian or keep it .because I have both positive decision
Congrats please can u share your timeline

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
I don't know but it is possible, you can ask Grahs 1994, atleast I have heard private messages with her , I have 2 positive decisions
Wow!

Congratulations
You certainly have to write to The Humamitarian office that you are already a protected person and they will cancel the AIP & H&C application. The other PR application will remain. As a protected person, you're technically not eligible for H&C.

Only if you could see the future, you would have put your claim on hold pending when your H&C application is completed because the H&C PR would have been the preferred option. It does not come with the home country travel condition.

Congratulations again

Reactions: Sfoph

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Officers don't want to work, this is the problem !
it doesn't make sense to wait months for an immigration application !
I wonder how these officers are spending their working days, what are they doing all this time? to ultimately commit serious errors of law in their stupid decisions....they are neither professional nor compassionate
I really hope to not wait another 15 months to get a refusal based on false arguments and an incomplete file analysis, I would like to say to everyone here that the timeline is not an indicator of your chances at all, i have seen people getting AIP after 4, months, 7, 8 months and others getting refusals after a year or even more
Like any other government process in Canada, immigration is highly bureactatic, inefficient and understaffed. Most officers are working, but when you have a pile of hundreds of files, thousands of pages, and one week to go through, you can imagine the depth of their review. Certainly, there are mean agents who just don't want to give AIP to you even if you bring the moon for them (like our agent from Montreal), but the majority are just overworked.

If anyone could just tell me where our taxes are going. My son spent 2 years waiting for newborn hearing test. I don't know any country,developed or not, that has such ridiculous waiting lists as Canada.

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
Like any other government process in Canada, immigration is highly bureactatic, inefficient and understaffed. Most officers are working, but when you have a pile of hundreds of files, thousands of pages, and one week to go through, you can imagine the depth of their review. Certainly, there are mean agents who just don't want to give AIP to you even if you bring the moon for them (like our agent from Montreal), but the majority are just overworked.

If anyone could just tell me where our taxes are going. My son spent 2 years waiting for newborn hearing test. I don't know any country,developed or not, that has such ridiculous waiting lists as Canada.
I agree with being highly Bureaucratic and it's same for almost every Government agencies around the world. But the part of being lazy! I'm not sure about that and can't specifically talk about IRCC but being someone who works in similar capacity in another agency of the Government, I can just say that you don't want to imagine what the work loads looks like for every agent and every agent also have a deadline for each assigned file and their performance is being measured and scored from time to time. And more importantly I will associate the delay in processing to prioritization, unplanned occurrences and being understaffed maybe!
Its quite obvious that we are not a priority to the system and many agents are not designated to processesing H&C and Refugee PR and some other non-economic PR classes.

They also apply legislations, policies and procedures in their work and not solely based on their discretion.

But that point of being Lazy is not one of them.

Last edited:

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I really agree with agents being overworked this as been a case since Covid are before . I’m apart of immigration groups on Facebook and let me tell you it’s not even h&C alone that’s having this frustration . Spousal application as well , but to me that’s not really an issue because these spouses are back home it’s not like us that’s suffering and scared of being deported and having our children here . I feel maybe they need to put a limit on all applications thy accept per year and close off so they can process application year by year. Hire more people increase salary as well . I don’t feel this will get any better . Tax payers money isn’t going towards the rightful things . Our Education , healthcare & Immigration is trash trash trash . I use to love Canada but other country seem to be getting their shit together . Justin priorities isn’t anyone best interest atm and not let me get started on ford

Neel_Mistry

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
August 2021 application submitted, December 2021 in process. Applied for GCMS notes, no response on those as well.
praying and hoping for the positive outcome patiently.
Have you tried applying for ATIP from CBSA? their processing time is quicker - around a month.