File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I left the previous lawyer , so my new lawyer advice I apply for visitors visa to get my status along side work permit but am still confuse about this voluntary departure letter please advise me ,what if the 30days elapse ll I be deported
I don't think he advised you to apply for a visitor visa. That wouldn't get your status back and you would not qualify for a work permit.

Instead, I think he has advised you to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This is very different than a visitor visa. It does make sense to try applying for a TRP.

I'm not sure what you should do about the volunatry departure order and will let others here comment on that.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Am not satisfy with his suggestions what if I apply to complete my studies will I still be deported please I really need help and good advice now because am so frustrated and confuse
You can apply for restoration trust me or for TRP but you must know that TRP could take a lot of time and it's hard to get an approval but you can apply for it to have more chances to get a status.
You can apply for TRP and restoration at the same time.
Trp application need h&c arguments and you already have it ( you was sick son you couldn't study )
You can also apply for JR if the decision was not justified but you must ask for an exemption because I think you received your decision before more than 15 days.
And no they will not deport you after 30 days even if you will be a subject of a removal order, IRCC has many priorities ( dangerous people / criminals, failed refugee seekers ....) So your case is not one of them, and even if one day they will try to deport you, they will generally ask you to discuss with them every week or every month before deportation.
You will have many options to delay deportation like appeals, PRRA or even asylum if you think that your country is dangerous for you...

Last edited:
Reactions: Swagzzy and scylla

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
You can apply for restoration trust me or for TRP but you must know that TRP could take a lot of time and it's hard to get an approval but you can apply for it to have more chances to get a status.
You can apply for TRP and restoration at the same time.
Trp application need h&c arguments and you already have it ( you was sick son you couldn't study )
You can also apply for JR if the decision was not justified but you must ask for an exemption because I think you received your decision before more than 15 days.
And no they will not deport you after 30 days even if you will be a subject of a removal order, IRCC has many priorities ( dangerous people / criminals, failed refugee seekers ....) So your case is not one of them, and even if one day they will try to deport you, they will generally ask you to discuss with them every week or every month before deportation.
You will have many options to delay deportation like appeals, PRRA or even asylum if you think that your country is dangerous for you...
Sir what if I apply for extension to complete my studies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately a study permit extension is not possible since your study permit has already expired.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Restoration is like extension but more expensive ( for exemple applying for study permit extension is 150$ but if you choose restoration you will have to pay normal fees plus 100 or 200$.
you need to write explanatory letter ( this is not mandatory according to law but it's very important to do it )

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
Restoration is like extension but more expensive ( for exemple applying for study permit extension is 150$ but if you choose restoration you will have to pay normal fees plus 100 or 200$.
you need to write explanatory letter ( this is not mandatory according to law but it's very important to do it )
Sir will restoration get me a status