+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hey Guys how are you? I applied for H&C in February got AOR and no up date since February 2022, even I don’t know if my application is in process or not …

I live in Vancouver , if I want to go to Seattle by car for example, it will be a problem? I have work permit, usa visa… I mean I am asking because I’m under H&C process…

TIA

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hey Guys how are you? I applied for H&C in February got AOR and no up date since February 2022, even I don’t know if my application is in process or not …

I live in Vancouver , if I want to go to Seattle by car for example, it will be a problem? I have work permit, usa visa… I mean I am asking because I’m under H&C process…

TIA
Hello @MPMG, If i were in your shoes I rather wait and get approved PR in hand before going on such Journey.

Reactions: Swagzzy and MPMG

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TIA
We had no problems traveling with HC in process until we got removal order. Travel is a problem if you apply for PRRA at the same time and/or if you have removal order. HC is just another PR stream. If you have work permit that enables you multiple entries into Canada and your passport is not about to expire, no issues. Especially by car. They do not even need PR card when you cross the border upon return for permanent residents - just COPR will be enough. Enjoy your trip.

p.s: if one of your HC arguments is that your life is in danger if you go back home, then of course travel home is not recommended until you sort out your case. One of our apps was refused because my partner spent 6 months back home so agent wrote "if he can survive 6 months there, he can move permanently too". But short trip to a"neutral" country is not a problem.

Last edited:

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
We had no problems traveling with HC in process until we got removal order. Travel is a problem if you apply for PRRA at the same time and/or if you have removal order. HC is just another PR stream. If you have work permit that enables you multiple entries into Canada and your passport is not about to expire, no issues. Especially by car. They do not even need PR card when you cross the border upon return for permanent residents - just COPR will be enough. Enjoy your trip.

p.s: if one of your HC arguments is that your life is in danger if you go back home, then of course travel home is not recommended until you sort out your case. One of our apps was refused because my partner spent 6 months back home so agent wrote "if he can survive 6 months there, he can move permanently too". But short trip to a"neutral" country is not a problem.
Thanks for your answer!

Reactions: Katayoon

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other

TIA
Did you apply online sir ?

Reactions: MPMG

Costa_CA

Oct 28, 2022
Hi everyone. I'm new in this forum. My h&c timeline is:
Application submitted: 22nd Jan 2022
AOR rcvd: 11th feb 2022
In process: 25th May 2022
No update on h&c since then but received letter from CBSA for the removal interview.
So i just wanted to know if this letter is related to h&c decision. Kindly advise..

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No update on h&c since then but received letter from CBSA for the removal interview.
So i just wanted to know if this letter is related to h&c decision. Kindly advise..
It may be, if you have a mean agent like me and @grahs1994 - our HC agents sent refusal letters directly to CBSA which triggered removal interview. But it may not be related to HC. Just go for your scheduled time and tell them your HC is in process and you would really appreciate it if they let you wait for result. Good luck!

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
are you failed refugee?