+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Hi everyone, I am so happy to let you guys know that my dad (not refugee) got AIP today. The timeline is like this: Doc sent on Feb 26, 2022; AOR Jun 3, 2022, and then in process in June 27. AIP Sep 15. I cannot believe that it has been processed so quickly. The AIP was sent from Niagara Office.

Now another stressful part is to submit another set of documents. In the AIP letter it lists the docs that I submitted earlier, like Police certificate, copy of passport, my and my sister's birth certificates ... It is a bit unclear to me that do I have to send my police certificate too. I became PR last year, still have my PC which I used for my PR application a few years ago (I have not come back to my home country for more than 10 days per trip over the last 3 years). My sister has been here for 10 years. My dad also has his health checked for her visitor record extension submitted in 2020, so should he go for another med check? Finally, how do you send the required documents to RCIC? I believe via email to the processing officer, but would want to hear from you guys.

Sorry for so many questions. My family has been overwhelmed by the AIP received today so I cannot wrap my mind around the next step :)))

Last edited:

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hi everyone, I am so happy to let you guys know that my dad (not refugee) got AIP today. The timeline is like this: Doc sent on Feb 26, 2022; AOR Jun 3, 2022, and then in process in June 27. AIP Sep 15. I cannot believe that it has been processed so quickly. The AIP was sent from Niagara Office.

Now another stressful part is to submit another set of documents. In the AIP letter it lists the docs that I submitted earlier, like Police certificate, copy of passport, my and my sister's birth certificates ... It is a bit unclear to me that do I have to send my police certificate too. I became PR last year, still have my PC which I used for my PR application a few years ago (I have not come back to my home country for more than 10 days per trip over the last 3 years). My sister has been here for 10 years. My dad also has his health checked for her visitor record extension submitted in 2020, so should he go for another med check? Finally, how do you send the required documents to RCIC? I believe via email to the processing officer, but would want to hear from you guys.

Sorry for so many questions. My family has been overwhelmed by the AIP received today so I cannot wrap my mind around the next step :)))
congratulations am so happy for you did you apply online or paper?

Reactions: wello711

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021

Congrats in the AIP letter should give you the email to send other documents to

Reactions: Twee

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Congrats in the AIP letter should give you the email to send other documents to
Thank you.
I am given 30 days to provide documents to the email address mentioned in the letter. However, I notice that in the past, people got medical request letter even 2,3 months after AIP. If it is the current trend, then I will not have the copy of the physician's exam to attach to other docs and submit within 30 days timeframe. Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

Sfoph

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Thank you.
I am given 30 days to provide documents to the email address mentioned in the letter. However, I notice that in the past, people got medical request letter even 2,3 months after AIP. If it is the current trend, then I will not have the copy of the physician's exam to attach to other docs and submit within 30 days timeframe. Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.
The doctor will give you a document confirming that you had a medical exam on the day of the medical examination. The medical exam result will be transmitted to IRCC by the physician. You can attach the document the doctor gives to you on the day of the medical exam as a proof the medical has been done to other documents you will be submitting . I hope this helps.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.
You don't need to attach medical results to your package. Medical results will be sent directly to them by the doctor. Even if you had them at hand and attached, IRCC would not consider them - only results submitted directly from doctor's office are considered "legitimate". Don't wait on medical forms and send them other docs asap so that they can finish background checks - those are the real pain of this whole Stage 2 and take the longest.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
You don't need to attach medical results to your package. Medical results will be sent directly to them by the doctor. Even if you had them at hand and attached, IRCC would not consider them - only results submitted directly from doctor's office are considered "legitimate". Don't wait on medical forms and send them other docs asap so that they can finish background checks - those are the real pain of this whole Stage 2 and take the longest.
Thank you so much. I think it makes sense to submit the required docs without waiting for medical request letter.

In the approval letter, they said: "
A new completed Schedule A and Additional Family Information form (IMM5669 AND IMM5406) is
required for you and your dependent spouse and any children over the age of 18. You will find the forms
that are required at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp."

I am wondering if only the dependents who are included in the application are required to fill out the forms. My dad is the main applicant and nobody else. My bro and I are already in Canada and became citizen/PR. Both of us must not need to fill out the forms, must we? In the other parts of the letter it clearly said the dependents who are included in the application. But this part itself does not clearly state that, so I am a little bit confused.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much. I think it makes sense to submit the required docs without waiting for medical request letter.

In the approval letter, they said: "
A new completed Schedule A and Additional Family Information form (IMM5669 AND IMM5406) is
required for you and your dependent spouse and any children over the age of 18. You will find the forms
that are required at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp."

I am wondering if only the dependents who are included in the application are required to fill out the forms. My dad is the main applicant and nobody else. My bro and I are already in Canada and became citizen/PR. Both of us must not need to fill out the forms, must we? In the other parts of the letter it clearly said the dependents who are included in the application. But this part itself does not clearly state that, so I am a little bit confused.
Yes only dependants who do not have PR/Citizenship yet need to fill. You and your brother are already admitted to Canada. They already know everything about you and you both passed background checks.

Reactions: Twee