+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
Hi everyone, I am so happy to let you guys know that my dad (not refugee) got AIP today. The timeline is like this: Doc sent on Feb 26, 2022; AOR Jun 3, 2022, and then in process in June 27. AIP Sep 15. I cannot believe that it has been processed so quickly. The AIP was sent from Niagara Office.

Now another stressful part is to submit another set of documents. In the AIP letter it lists the docs that I submitted earlier, like Police certificate, copy of passport, my and my sister's birth certificates ... It is a bit unclear to me that do I have to send my police certificate too. I became PR last year, still have my PC which I used for my PR application a few years ago (I have not come back to my home country for more than 10 days per trip over the last 3 years). My sister has been here for 10 years. My dad also has his health checked for her visitor record extension submitted in 2020, so should he go for another med check? Finally, how do you send the required documents to RCIC? I believe via email to the processing officer, but would want to hear from you guys.

Sorry for so many questions. My family has been overwhelmed by the AIP received today so I cannot wrap my mind around the next step :)))
Hello mind me asking what is your father grounds for h&c thank you

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone, I am so happy to let you guys know that my dad (not refugee) got AIP today. The timeline is like this: Doc sent on Feb 26, 2022; AOR Jun 3, 2022, and then in process in June 27. AIP Sep 15. I cannot believe that it has been processed so quickly. The AIP was sent from Niagara Office.

Now another stressful part is to submit another set of documents. In the AIP letter it lists the docs that I submitted earlier, like Police certificate, copy of passport, my and my sister's birth certificates ... It is a bit unclear to me that do I have to send my police certificate too. I became PR last year, still have my PC which I used for my PR application a few years ago (I have not come back to my home country for more than 10 days per trip over the last 3 years). My sister has been here for 10 years. My dad also has his health checked for her visitor record extension submitted in 2020, so should he go for another med check? Finally, how do you send the required documents to RCIC? I believe via email to the processing officer, but would want to hear from you guys.

Sorry for so many questions. My family has been overwhelmed by the AIP received today so I cannot wrap my mind around the next step :)))
Congratulations!
What were the grounds for your father (my case is for a single parent submitted a few months ago, so if you dont mind sharing abit of information)

Also, do they ask for police certificate again?
In our case, getting the original certificate alone took several months and lots of money.... I have a colored photo copy of it, but we sent the original in the initial application... should we be re-applying for the original again several months in advance?Also, should we be adding any more things to our file after AIP? (more volunteer letters, personal letters etc?)

Thanks

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!
What were the grounds for your father (my case is for a single parent submitted a few months ago, so if you dont mind sharing abit of information)

In our case, getting the original certificate alone took several months and lots of money.... I have a colored photo copy of it, but we sent the original in the initial application... should we be re-applying for the original again several months in advance?Also, should we be adding any more things to our file after AIP? (more volunteer letters, personal letters etc?)

Thanks
If you have not visited the countries again, you can send copies of old certificates and make sure to explain in your cover letter. In the future, it's better to never send them originals.
After AIP, you only need to send them docs that they request - financials, police certificates. No more personal letters required - you already proved in first stage that you have strong HC grounds hence the AIP.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Congratulations!

Thanks
Thank you, Kaytoon is correct. Scanned copies suffice. OUr grounds are similar to yours (single parent with 2 children in Ca).

Reactions: Katayoon

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Background

I applied for a study permit for my wife and work permit for me and a visitor permit for my 9 year old son on August 2020 (whole family one application). Looking to keep our status in Canada

Last December 2021 we applied for H&C

Last May17th my son visitor permit was denied
Today I received approval for study and work permits for my wife and me

QUESTIONS
1) Should I ask for a visitor status for my son? It's been more than 90 days to request restore his status

2) Will the study permit be a trouble or will benefit my H&C application?

3) can I travel to my country? We are not Refugees!

Still waiting for AIP

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: wello711 and Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Background

I applied for a study permit for my wife and work permit for me and a visitor permit for my 9 year old son on August 2020 (whole family one application). Looking to keep our status in Canada

QUESTIONS
1) Should I ask for a visitor status for my son? It's been more than 90 days to request restore his status

3) can I leave the country? We are not Refugees!

Still waiting for AIP
Your situation is somehow close to mine. I also applied December 2021. Still waiting for permit for a family member. Not refugee and waiting for AIP.
experts people will reply to you soon. Sorry I don’t have a good knowledge to give opinion.

Reactions: maurmore13

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
W
Background

QUESTIONS

3) can I leave the country? We are not Refugees!

Still waiting for AIP
Why they refused his visitor permit ?

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Can you share please timeline of your study permit and your son visitor application
Mybson was included as dependant in the application
Study permit applied Aug 2020
Application transfered to etobicoke Dec 2020
Visitor permit of my son denied may 17 2022
Study permit approval Sept 21 2022

Unbelievable!

• Wow
Reactions: wello711

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
W

Why they refused his visitor permit ?
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.