+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you I have not yet have any appointment with cbsa I just have a departure order from IRCC and I am thinking to move forward in going to cbsa office to file for defferal. One more question if defferal is granted would you be able to apply for work permit?
If you do not have appointment with CBSA yet, by going there voluntarily you risk speeding up your removal. Deferral is not easy to obtain - people fight in court for months to get it. I suggest working on your HC application first and wait for Cbsa to call you in. By the time they call you, you will already have new HC in process and this will give you leverage to negotiate your options like PRRA. In terms of work permit, You mention that you had mistake in previous application. was it mis-representation that made you inadmissible to Canada for 5 years?

Reactions: bella12

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
If you do not have appointment with CBSA yet, by going there voluntarily you risk speeding up your removal. Deferral is not easy to obtain - people fight in court for months to get it. I suggest working on your HC application first and wait for Cbsa to call you in. By the time they call you, you will already have new HC in process and this will give you leverage to negotiate your options like PRRA. In terms of work permit, You mention that you had mistake in previous application. was it mis-representation that made you inadmissible to Canada for 5 years?
I applied for TRP due to refusal on bridging work permit because of the consultant that mess up my application. So what should I do with the departure order? Should I just wait to be called in by CBSA I already applied for my H&C today which I have been waiting to do, its just that the consultant told me to hold until I get a result from TRP.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Your Lawyer needs to write a memorandum of about 3-6 pages with arguments demonstrating that the agent erred in their judgment. This needs to be done within 15 days from refusal. If the judge accepts it, you will proceed to Stage 2 which is actual court hearing. It may take up to year or more to pass Stage 1 and the rate of success is about 20% just for stage 1.
I sent you PM

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for TRP due to refusal on bridging work permit because of the consultant that mess up my application. So what should I do with the departure order? Should I just wait to be called in by CBSA I already applied for my H&C today which I have been waiting to do, its just that the consultant told me to hold until I get a result from TRP.
You can buy time by waiting to be called by CBSA. They will call you when your turn comes. I would not go there voluntarily but it is your decision.

Reactions: Waiting2020