+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
I have a question if anyone knows or Been in similar situation,
I recently received stage 1 H & C approval , I received a 1 year ban from Canada earlier this year but applied for prra and stayed here and then I applied for a new work permit which never arrived and it's been 5 months. Now my lawyer is saying let's apply fir a new work permit on the grounds that u have been approved stage 1 , should I continue too wait for the other work permit or pay a few hundred for another work permit and apply again?
Also I been staying Ina shelter since June as I have no source of Income and I am provided free bed and food here will that affect my h & c application by living here?

MakerofGold

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
I recently received stage 1 H & C approval , I received a 1 year ban from Canada earlier this year but applied for prra and stayed here and then I applied for a new work permit which never arrived and it's been 5 months. Now my lawyer is saying let's apply fir a new work permit on the grounds that u have been approved stage 1 , should I continue too wait for the other work permit or pay a few hundred for another work permit and apply again?
Also I been staying Ina shelter since June as I have no source of Income and I am provided free bed and food here will that affect my h & c application by living here?
You can continue to work. If you applied before the current one expires

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
You can write to Ircc requesting for authorization to continue to work. They will send you and email. With that email you can get a job. But if you reapply, you have lost that right.

I was told by cbsa officers I am not allowed too work as I was working illegally for years which is what got me the 1 year ban , but then I applied prra and a work permit which never arrived and recently I got stage 1 h& c approved and now my lawyer said apply for a new work permit now that u have been approved, I'm just asking isit necessary too pay a lot of money again for another work permit when I already paid for one back in march

MakerofGold

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
I was told by cbsa officers I am not allowed too work as I was working illegally for years which is what got me the 1 year ban , but then I applied prra and a work permit which never arrived and recently I got stage 1 h& c approved and now my lawyer said apply for a new work permit now that u have been approved, I'm just asking isit necessary too pay a lot of money again for another work permit when I already paid for one back in march
Oh. I guess you should. Work permit is $250 not too much I guess.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Oh. I guess you should. Work permit is $250 not too much I guess.
So do not apply for 2work permits at a time. Work permits taking really long right now. So just wait you will get an answer soon. You can do a web enquire or also write a letter, send with pervious payment receipt and AIP letter

Reactions: BigTony

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Congratulations

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I have a question for people who have already sent requests for H&C reconsideration, could you please share your experiences ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question for people who have already sent requests for H&C reconsideration, could you please share your experiences ?
We sent by webform a cover letter where we acknowledged agent's refusal notes and asked to reconsider, showing new proofs against each of her arguments. 6 months later we got refusal letter dated with the same date when she refused original file, which implies she did not even open reconsideration.

Once she finally closed the case, we re-sent everything as new application and 100% in English. I did not change a single proof - just reworded cover letter a bit to remove all the legal arguments from previous lawyer and keep it simple. 3 weeks letter got AIP from new agent.

Reactions: tony4454

Sandeepgill83

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone, so unfortunately my application has been refused today, may ecas changed to decision made, I sent an email to Vancouver office asking for officer's arguments, I think they will send it this Monday.
Next step will be reconsideration, if reconsideration will not work, I will apply for JR.
I'm pretty sure that I have many strong arguments with many proofs and I don't have any removal order problems so probably he just wants to reject it...
I really hope to get good news soon !
@Katayoon @SweetQueen @grahs1994 @GrecchiJu @Pear23 @SpiritualWonderWomen @temmy-27 @bella12 @Sandeepgill83 @Fayamufi
this is very sad news, you can apply reconsideration, @SpiritualWonderWomen, she got aip after reconsideration, I pray to god , you can win reconsideration, this time you got aip, you have lots time, don’t worry, one day you win, never give up ,

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I really don’t know but most times they don’t reopen the file or perphaps BecaUe I already filed JR.the agent also sent my refusal notes after 2weeks .If you receive your refusal note early you can give it a try
Could you please share JR and reconsideration timeline ?