+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
@grahs1994 @Pear23 guys when you recieved your negative decision on your refugee claim, did they issue you a removal order or voluntary leave ? Since you have work permit did they also cancelled your work permit ? How could you support yourself at that time. I heard if you have negative decision from RPD they will also cancel your work permit, is that true or no?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
@grahs1994 @Pear23 guys when you recieved your negative decision on your refugee claim, did they issue you a removal order or voluntary leave ? Since you have work permit did they also cancelled your work permit ? How could you support yourself at that time. I heard if you have negative decision from RPD they will also cancel your work permit, is that true or no?
Usually a removal order is issued when you applied for refugee claim however it is not enforce until all options have been exhausted. So we did all appeals and then applied for H&C our removal went into force after our H&C application was rejected during that time we were qualified for prra which we applied for and of course that too was rejected. No they don't cancel your work permit we were still able to work the only thing is we did renew our work permit because our lawyer told us that we shouldn't because they would ask us to leave! I wish we didn't listen to him because I have seen people in this group renewed their work permits. With God all things are possible just keep trusting him and he will give you the desires of your heart. Our removal is on hold.

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello everyone. I need some advice. My appeal is still not out and it's almost 1 year. I have children under 12 years, can I do H&C while still waiting for the appeal. Answers needed pls

Reactions: Swagzzy

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
You can renew your work permit even after your refugee claimant has been rejected. As long as the removal order remain unenforceable your work permit remain valid and can be renewed. In order to renew work permit , ensure you have an application before them whether an appeal or H&C , justifying the fact that there could be recourse to social assistance if no work permit is granted. Having a negative decision is not the end of the road. You must exhaust all possible options before removal order become enforceable . Good luck.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hello everyone. I need some advice. My appeal is still not out and it's almost 1 year. I have children under 12 years, can I do H&C while still waiting for the appeal. Answers needed pls
Normally a failed refugee claimant is bar for 12months before same can make an application before H&C department however there are exception to this 12months bar if you have a child and there is a case of best interest of child can be established or under severe medical condition which require emergency.

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Normally a failed refugee claimant is bar for 12months before same can make an application before H&C department however there are exception to this 12months bar if you have a child and there is a case of best interest of child can be established or under severe medical condition which require emergency.
Thanks for the reply. I think I am okay to apply h&c. I have kidd

Donald15

Star Member
May 13, 2022
And mine is already 12 months after refugee claim failed.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
You work permit won’t be canceled. And as I said before. Every year I renew my work permit. And I failed my first H&C and still got renewed this year.

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario

if your refugee claim is rejected, you might be eligible for first appeal. if this get rejected then you have change to apply for federal court appeal.
after federal court appeal reject then CBSA will send you a letter. hardly they call you. beware of fake "scam" calls. if you get a call they will never ask you for any funds to pay :).

all these times they will never take or reject your work permit. even if you're taking OW benefit, that will NOT be stopped. with OW you will receive your LEGAL aid benefits. with legal aid many way you able to pay for your lawyers.

after rejected your case or before you apply, you always can take OW payments.
people arrive in canada with alot of cash, that is NOT a good sign.
always arrive in canada like a refugee. take OW payments, apply for legal aid. and then after 8 to 12 months start looking for a job.
work in any field, work and help your communities. help elders, HELP OTHERS, with anything you can.

yes, to get something, you always have to give 1st.

as soon as we arrive here in canada, we act like CANADIAN. we stopped helping or talking to others. that never works.