+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

temmy-27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2022
Yes you can. However, your reconsideration may be sent to the same person. We did send reconsideration to Vancouver after first refusal, and it was forwarded to the same officer in Montreal who refused to re-open file and rejected again.

This is why third time we sent a fresh new application, and it landed at a completely different office with a different officer who gave AIP.

This is based on my personal experience.
how long does a reconsideration take?also can you put a new application with reconsideration?

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long does a reconsideration take?also can you put a new application with reconsideration?
If your application is closed (status decision made), you can, but personally I would not recommend to file both as it may create unnecessary confusion. To maximize your chances of getting a new officer, I would go for a fresh application as @tony4454 suggests. It may take a bit longer but worth the wait. Reconsideration took 4 months for us. Still refused.

Reactions: bella12 and Swagzzy

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
If your application is closed (status decision made), you can, but personally I would not recommend to file both as it may create unnecessary confusion. To maximize your chances of getting a new officer, I would go for a fresh application as @tony4454 suggests. It may take a bit longer but worth the wait. Reconsideration took 4 months for us. Still refused.
whooo 4 months, mine reconsideration refused in 3 weeks lol. i doesnt matter how many times you reconsider if its the same officer who refused you he will do it again. Best best is to get refusal notes see where your officer won, gatjer evidence and you can beat him in your new application. there might be a chance it will goto different officer and different office

temmy-27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2022
Okay thank you

temmy-27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2022
whooo 4 months, mine reconsideration refused in 3 weeks lol. i doesnt matter how many times you reconsider if its the same officer who refused you he will do it again. Best best is to get refusal notes see where your officer won, gatjer evidence and you can beat him in your new application. there might be a chance it will goto different officer and different office
Thank you we sent an email for the reasons

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree. This officer did not even open the evidence we submitted with reconsideration. She just printed out her refusal letter from previous year and did not even update the date. Her refusal letter we received on March 2021 was dated July 2020 LOL If the officer is determined to decline your case, no evidence in the world would help. Then we filed our 3rd HC as a new case which landed at a different office and got approved within one month.

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Hi i submitted my application june 2020 i was refused March this year. We submitted reconsideration March 25 and judicial review too. Up to now no updates. My consultant even request for updates 2x since we submitted our reconsideration request. Usually i can access my ecas and i can always see the decision made as of before.
Question did you mention the officer that you have applied for judicial review in your reconsideration application? Please let me know.

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
How to request Electronic notes to Toronto Office ? They have the email address before here did someone know what thread thanks ?
You will receive your refusal note and will be shock to see how much effort this officer made to refuse you ,when the decision maker mindset is to refuse your application he will do his best to make his refusal note perfect to look reasonable.

• Sad
Reactions: Taweda

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi, to be very clear: I did not and would not write the final sentence posted here. I have not referenced God in any way, shape or form in any posts on this site. I don't recommend it as a reliance when dealing with issues relating to administrative law.

Immigration laws, regulations and policies in Canada have been well cleansed of anything religious over the last 5 decades and my ethereal consideration for generally good people is that they have a little luck come their way. Luck appears when you drop your toast and it lands butter-side up, or when your file lands on the desk of a decision-maker who's made so many decisions that they read yours and simply say, "I've seen worse," and you get AIP.

As always, good luck
No the last sentence is not a part of the email.
I just wrote it to be positive with people