+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon my status in Ecas show decision made this morning ,Can I start a new application after I receive the refusal email ?Also do you think it’s advisable to use a lawyer or I can write it myself .Thank you
Yes you can submit new app as soon as your case is closed but you need detailed refusal notes so that you can counter each refusal point with new evidence. In our case, we read refusal notes in GCmS notes but I see you are going to try get them by email.

I did not have good experience with lawyers. 2 HCs lost, PRRA lost, 2 appeals lost, 50,000$ lost over 7 years. Our final HC I did myself 2 days before my partner's removal interview. I just re-filled all forms from previous HC, wrote a nice cover letter of 5 pages listing previous refusal reasons and how I responded to them with new evidence, and attached new evidence. That's it. All his belongings were already shipped to his country. Our most recent lawyer literally yelled at me that I am wasting time with new app and I should pay her 20,000$ for Judicial Review. Guess what? Got AIP in 2 months.

It's up to you if you want to spend money/time on lawyers. Many people did their new HC by themselves here, like @tony4454 @bella12 @grahs1994 (I think). It is tedious but doable.

All you need now is organize your file and pray that you fall on a new officer - that's it. Does not require law degree. Good luck!

Last edited:

kukestoronto

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hopefully, someone with knowledge will help
I received AIP in July. 6,2021 I provided everything they asked for medical will expire in one month and I do not have any answer from them
I tried calling them without any luck any idea why and what should I do next thanks

Neel_Mistry

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
It is so depressing to see so many refusals coming. Stay strong and keep fighting guys. All we need is that one officer who truly can understand our situation.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
my husband got biometric req. On April 11 but was unable to complete due to expired passport and 30 days timeline was passed. Today I got another email as final req. To submit biometrics within next 30 days otherwise application will be denied. Is there any way to do biometrics ?
Our passports 3 years before we gave our biometrics but we had the certified true copies. The copy stamped by immigration at the border.
You will be fine if you have something like that.

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
I received my note. Officer says, I am educated and can relocate to my country to different province and that she or he acknowledge my suffering or the hardships I would face going back home, even the office acknowledge the hardship still not enough to grant H and C. Officer also stated that my evidences is outdated given the fact that article he or she used is 2020 and I submitted article also year 2020. Officer also stated that my letters from friend organization and church is only a matter of extending my stay in Canada not totally establishment that how sounds like.
@Katayoon

Last edited:

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Reconsideration sometime take 1 year sometime they don’t even open your reconsideration file sometime 4 month or 5 month
[/QUOTE
I received my note. Officer says, I am educated and can relocate to my country to different province and that she or he acknowledge my suffering or the hardships I would face going back home, even the office acknowledge the hardship still not enough to grant H and C
[/QUOTE
I received my note. Officer says, I am educated and can relocate to my country to different province and that she or he acknowledge my suffering or the hardships I would face going back home, even the office acknowledge the hardship still not enough to grant H and C. Officer also stated that my evidences is outdated given the fact that article he or she used is 2020 and I submitted article also year 2020. Officer also stated that my letters from friend organization and church is only a matter of extending my stay in Canada not totally establishment that how sounds like.
@Katayoon
They don’t have standard criteria. It’s really depends on the officer and a bit of luck. Hope everything will be fine with you. Is it possible to share your time line and from which part of this world

Reactions: Katayoon

temmy-27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2022
@Katayoon
Please which email did you send this too?

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
@Katayoon what office did submit your reconsideration ? Did you submit directly to Montreal or vancouver? Thank
@SpiritualWonderWomen So sorry about your current situation but do not give up continue to fight. From my experience Reconsideration is not worth it is a waste of time and resources. Apply for fresh H&C Asap. And pray for a new office Province to treat ur file and not Toronto that place is bad..

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon what office did submit your reconsideration ? Did you submit directly to Montreal or vancouver? Thank
No our lawyer sent webform and then they forwarded it to Montreal themselves.

Don't be discouraged by refusal notes. If the officer does not want to grant HC they will come up with any reasons to justify it. You would have your hair stand upright if you saw our refusal notes. She even wrote that she does not see any evidence that our 6-month old baby needs his father in Canada. Really?! What evidence did she present when she was born?

• Sad
Reactions: Taweda

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
No our lawyer sent webform and then they forwarded it to Montreal themselves.

Don't be discouraged by refusal notes. If the officer does not want to grant HC they will come up with any reasons to justify it. You would have your hair stand upright if you saw our refusal notes. She even wrote that she does not see any evidence that our 6-month old baby needs his father in Canada. Really?! What evidence did she present when she was born?
The officer says, I sympathize with the applicants suffering and experienced, the officer also says the applicant submitted insufficient evidences, I submitted thicker than book evidences how much he or she wants.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The officer says, I sympathize with the applicants suffering and experienced, the officer also says the applicant submitted insufficient evidences, I submitted thicker than book evidences how much he or she wants.
These are all standard phrases to justify refusal. Some members shared with me in private their refusal notes and I was shocked how similar the wording was to our notes, although it was a completely different office and agent. Almost copy/paste.