+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
It’s really very long process and we have to be patient.
@Ayanna can I travel to see my family in my country while my application is still in process. I have visa and my status is valid.
No AIP yet
I will NOT recommend you take that risk. An officer MIGHT use it against you in your h&c application at a later stage.

Visiting your home country while you have a pending h&c application will give IRCC a wrong impression (most particularly a vibe that gives the impression that your ties to your home country is "stronger than" your ties to Canada). This in return will create a loophole an officer will exploit to their advantage and use it as an argument to conclude that you have no reason to "remain permanently" in Canada.

For that reason, I will strongly suggest that you remain patient till you get AIP or PR " BEFORE" you travel.

Last edited:

Optimisztikos

Jan 27, 2022
yes 32 approximately
But it also depends on luck too some applicants got stage 1 and 2 from 9 to 18 months
And some applicants wait it over 40 months

it doesn’t matter how long it takes as long it’s positive results
I have spousal open work permit valid till end of 2021. Is it true that processing time is less for people out of status ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will NOT recommend you take that risk. An officer MIGHT use it against you in your h&c application at a later stage.

Visiting your home country while you have a pending h&c application will give IRCC a wrong impression (most particularly a vibe that gives the impression that your ties to your home country is "stronger than" your ties to Canada). This in return will create a loophole an officer will exploit to their advantage and use it as an argument to conclude that you have no reason to "remain permanently" in Canada.

For that reason, I will strongly suggest that you remain patient till you get AIP or PR " BEFORE" you travel.
I echo @bella12 on that. This was one of refusal reasons in My partner's first and second HC - he stayed 4 months in his home country during the year before he applied (not even after), and the officer wrote that she questions his attachment to Canada. So in his third HC we added a long paragraph into Cover Letter explaining that he was renewing his passport, with evidence. So if you really need to travel, be sure to be proactive and explain it in your application.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I echo @bella12 on that. This was one of refusal reasons in My partner's first and second HC - he stayed 4 months in his home country during the year before he applied (not even after), and the officer wrote that she questions his attachment to Canada. So in his third HC we added a long paragraph into Cover Letter explaining that he was renewing his passport, with evidence. So if you really need to travel, be sure to be proactive and explain it in your application.
I agree with you

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
after H&c approval is it okay to visit back home for there will be any restrictions

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
@bella12 @Katayoon @Ayanna @wello711
Thanks a lot guys. I am a bit upset since my mother is waiting for me and my kids. Hope I will receive my AIP soon.
do you think I may have it before June. In process since January
all you can do wait if anyone apply for H&c ha/she Prepare herself/himself at least 24 months
There are lucky people are here who got it less than a year and there are some other people got it after 36 months but still they are lucky at least I got a positive answer

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
all you can do wait if anyone apply for H&c ha/she Prepare herself/himself at least 24 months
There are lucky people are here who got it less than a year and there are some other people got it after 36 months but still they are lucky at least I got a positive answer
But I heard many people got the first stage earlier. 3 to 6 months maximum. As you said, it depends on luck

Reactions: Ayanna and Fayamufi

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi Guys, it is my first time posting, so , we applied for H&C in February 2022, we have 3 kids ( all canadians) and I am pregnant, we hve been lived in canada since 2015 and never go back to our country, we are here with closed work permit but it will expires in April/2022 , we gonna lose our msp, our job, child benefit…
My first boy will star kindergarten in September, Our second boy was born with cleft palate , he needs a long treatment ( second surgery, speech therapy ), third boy is a baby , and my due date is in july. I am so worried because we gonna lose our child benefit, our msp, my husband won’t be able to work, how can we pay for our bills, foods, I need to delivery my baby. We are not good to be illegal in canada. I don’t know what expect. What do you think, we have a chance ? How long it’ll gonna take for the first approval? We don’t know what to do. I am so desperate with this situation. We need a second plan, to delivery my baby, to my second boy continues his treatment. Help us please with any tips, prayers please …
Thanks

Reactions: Lexus2021