Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
App submitted oct 1, 2018
AOR oct 10, 2018
May 2020 it moved to in process
June 29 i got the refusal letter

With respect to your refusal, my advice is to:
1. ask for reconsideration for your current, i.e. refused application as soon as possible, you do not have anything to lose.

I think the operations manual directs the officials to not consider a new piece of information with respect to the refused applicant, but in my opinion, it would not hurt to ask for re-consideration.

You can also submit a brand new application under the spousal sponsorship category and request that the immigration adjudicators study humanitarian and compassionate elements brought forward by you and/or your spouse.

Ace_Bailey

Jun 29, 2020
Hi

There is a high probability that immigration department is attempting to approve your case based on the information you provided.

The petition you filed might have lacked the documentation they're now requesting by sending you some form of notification.

If they wanted to refuse your case, you would have got a refusal letter at this point as opposed to getting a request to submit additional documentation.

Hope this helps!

Good luck
Thank you so much!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you, your reply is so comforting. I might have to try the spousal with H and c consideration, with the pandemic right now, it’s harder to get all the necessary paperwork but it can be done, it’s just upsetting to go back to square one. My husband’s bankruptcy goes way back, he didn’t fulfill his duties, we tried contacting his trustee to no avail. it was his fault, no doubt about it, i am so confused right now I can’t think straight. We made contact to another trustee, hopefully we’ll receive a reply and we can go from there.
Your husband should really be working on his bankruptcy issue. It sounds like it has been almost 5 years. That is the best way of securing your status in Canada.

Reactions: Buletruck

mrs_mc

May 14, 2020
Your husband should really be working on his bankruptcy issue. It sounds like it has been almost 5 years. That is the best way of securing your status in Canada.
Yes, you’re right. That’s what we’re gonna do right now. Focus on sorting out the bankruptcy first then we’ll go from there. It’s supposed to be initial bankruptcy, hopefully they’ll still treat it the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, you’re right. That’s what we’re gonna do right now. Focus on sorting out the bankruptcy first then we’ll go from there. It’s supposed to be initial bankruptcy, hopefully they’ll still treat it the same.
You should make sure you have private medical insurance in order to make sure you are covered if you have any sort of medical emergency. That would on,y worsen your financial situation.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi all

Current Status of my mom's case:

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on XX, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XX, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on XX, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on XX, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Approval In Principle Letter issued in early June 2020.

e-cas
got updated last night. But when I called this morning, the automated status indicator completely eliminated the medical line and jumped straight to:
1. You do not need an interview.

It used to say, we requested a medical exam on XX, 2020. Any ideas as to why the automated phone line does not say something along the lines of "You have passed your medical exam or something like that"

Also, I submitted my mom's RCMP criminal record check, pay stubs to demonstrate self sufficiency, and all of the other standard documentation they requested. How long would it take to receive a COPR document from this stage?

Last edited:

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
i was wondering why is timeline different from others?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 1, 2018
  3. We started processing your application on June 04, 2020.
  4. Email confirmation of AIP on June 08, 2020
  5. We sent you a letter on June 08, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Instead of medical and criminal check up, it went directly to send letter.

LittlePrinc

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
i was wondering why is timeline different from others?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 1, 2018
  3. We started processing your application on June 04, 2020.
  4. Email confirmation of AIP on June 08, 2020
  5. We sent you a letter on June 08, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Instead of medical and criminal check up, it went directly to send letter.
Congrats to you! :)
They will probably ask you to do medical after 1st stage approval, that is what they do nowadays.

Reactions: refugeeseeker

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Congrats to you! :)
They will probably ask you to do medical after 1st stage approval, that is what they do nowadays.
It could be background check and income verification and medical
I haven’t received Aip but they asked me RCMP background I used to live in California for one year the asked me for FBI background check income verification my taxes and medical every is done thanks to god every is clear and neat
I’m still waiting and praying

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
Hi all

Current Status of my mom's case:

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on XX, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XX, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on XX, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on XX, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Approval In Principle Letter issued in early June 2020.

e-cas
got updated last night. But when I called this morning, the automated status indicator completely eliminated the medical line and jumped straight to:
1. You do not need an interview.

It used to say, we requested a medical exam on XX, 2020. Any ideas as to why the automated phone line does not say something along the lines of "You have passed your medical exam or something like that"

Also, I submitted my mom's RCMP criminal record check, pay stubs to demonstrate self sufficiency, and all of the other standard documentation they requested. How long would it take to receive a COPR document from this stage?
Hey congratulations..!!
If dont mind telling what was your grounds in application of your mom ?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hey congratulations..!!
If dont mind telling what was your grounds in application of your mom ?
Hi

Thank you

Factors included in the application package:
1. Establishment
2. Family in Canada
3. Only child - Canadian citizen
4. Other factors demonstrating improvement
5. Personal factors
6. Widowed mother - Father died in Canada
7. Parents efforts in gaining legal status - IELTS tests, and so on.
8. Health impact

All of those things were well documented going back almost 10 years.

Have been in Canada since 2008.

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
Hi

Thank you

Factors included in the application package:
1. Establishment
2. Family in Canada
3. Only child - Canadian citizen
4. Other factors demonstrating improvement
5. Personal factors
6. Widowed mother - Father died in Canada
7. Parents efforts in gaining legal status - IELTS tests, and so on.
8. Health impact

All of those things were well documented going back almost 10 years.

Have been in Canada since 2008.
Thanks fir your reply
Actually i applied for my mother h and c , its rejected on monday , in have no idea what to do , her extension expires in September, now they wil dwport her or issue removal order ?any suggestions plz

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Thanks fir your reply
Actually i applied for my mother h and c , its rejected on monday , in have no idea what to do , her extension expires in September, now they wil dwport her or issue removal order ?any suggestions plz
You need to get a lawyer as soon as possible.

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Thanks fir your reply
Hey Rajvir
There is no deportation in this moment because of Covid-19 everything on hold to forward notice if you want to buy some time applied for PRRA which give you six to nine More months Her to stay But you need asked cbsa officer at Last resort