+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
Hi Rajvir

I have outlined all the options you have at the moment. She will need to depart Canada at some point in order to keep her record clear and intact.

You may contact this law firm - rest assured, they are very good at handling complex immigration cases, and will tell you what your options are on the spot, but they will be the same as the ones I just informed you on.

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/

You may have to pay 350 CAD consultant fee to speak with Mario Bellissimo (Founder of the Law Firm)
Ok thanks , she will leave before sept , but my question is that if she wants to come back after few months will they allow her coz she still has supervisa .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thanks , she will leave before sept , but my question is that if she wants to come back after few months will they allow her coz she still has supervisa .
If she leaves, you should assume she will have trouble returning until you are able to sponsor her for PR and her PR application has been approved.

Generally IRCC will cancel any valid TRV or super visa once an H&C application has been refused. So she may very well find that her super visa is no longer valid.

If she finds her super visa is still valid and wants to try to return, the strong recommendation would be that she remain outside of Canada for at least 6-8 months before attempting to come back.

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
If she leaves, you should assume she will have trouble returning until you are able to sponsor her for PR and her PR application has been approved.

Generally IRCC will cancel any valid TRV or super visa once an H&C application has been refused. So she may very well find that her super visa is no longer valid.

If she finds her super visa is still valid and wants to try to return, the strong recommendation would be that she remain outside of Canada for at least 6-8 months before attempting to come back.
Thanks
I think i did very wrong thing , even m surprised these consultants or lawyer dont tell these things before , m getting stressed now

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Thanks
I think i did very wrong thing , even m surprised these consultants or lawyer dont tell these things before , m getting stressed now
Scylla is correct. I am not sure if the remainder of her visa will be cancelled or already cancelled. She will know that for sure at the time of boarding an aircraft bound for Canada for her next planned trip back from India to Canada.

Upon arrival in Canada, she will very likely be transferred to Secondary Inspection for further screening. You should also be prepared to convince the border officials to let her enter Canada while ensuring that she is not going to enter with the intent of applying for PR under H and C again or claim refugee status.

If you qualify for PGP sponsorship, then she can enter Canada as a PR under FC-4 Permanent resident immigration class. If she secures a FC-4 IV then she would have no trouble entering Canada since she would be entering as a new immigrant.

Reactions: scylla

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
Scylla is correct. I am not sure if the remainder of her visa will be cancelled or already cancelled. She will know that for sure at the time of boarding an aircraft bound for Canada for her next planned trip back from India to Canada.

Upon arrival in Canada, she will very likely be transferred to Secondary Inspection for further screening. You should also be prepared to convince the border officials to let her enter Canada while ensuring that she is not going to enter with the intent of applying for PR under H and C again or claim refugee status.

If you qualify for PGP sponsorship, then she can enter Canada as a PR under FC-4 Permanent resident immigration class. If she secures a FC-4 IV then she would have no trouble entering Canada since she would be entering as a new immigrant.
Thank you
But how can find her visa is cancelled ?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Thank you
But how can find her visa is cancelled ?
You will receive a written correspondence from the consulate, i.e. Canadian consulate in Chandigarh India in regards to your mom's situation and the officer's intent to cancel her visa as she no longer meets the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act reserved for TRV visa considerations.

This will depend on how your mom initially applied for the visa and the contact information she provided. The email (if she provided an email to IRCC when she filed for her super visa) should read something like this:

Based on information found during an open source search, I have determined that you may not meet the requirements for a temporary resident. As such, your visa has been cancelled. You should not attempt to travel with this visa.

You applied for a visa in to travel to Canada for tourism. Foreign nationals who wish to remain permanently in Canada must apply for a permanent resident visa. Based on this information, I am not satisfied that you would be an genuine temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of an authorized stay, and am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements for a Temporary Resident Visa.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to the concerns I have raised above. Please reply to this email within 10 days. If we do not receive a reply, the decision to cancel your visa will stand.

This will depend on how she applied and the contact information she provided and if the visa officer even bothered to send out a correspondence. They should on the basis of what is defined in the Act.

Again, you can even get in touch with the consular officials at the Canadian consulate in Chandigarh and ask for more information on your mom's file or wait until she boards an airplane bound for Canada.

If she makes it on a plane then you would know that her visa has not been canceled but she might face additional scrutiny upon landing in Canada. Then at that point, it will become your responsibility as her son to defend her and demonstrate how much you want her to be with you.

Rajvir2456

Jul 2, 2020
You will receive a written correspondence from the consulate, i.e. Canadian consulate in Chandigarh India in regards to your mom's situation and the officer's intent to cancel her visa as she no longer meets the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act reserved for TRV visa considerations.

This will depend on how your mom initially applied for the visa and the contact information she provided. The email (if she provided an email to IRCC when she filed for her super visa) should read something like this:

Based on information found during an open source search, I have determined that you may not meet the requirements for a temporary resident. As such, your visa has been cancelled. You should not attempt to travel with this visa.

You applied for a visa in to travel to Canada for tourism. Foreign nationals who wish to remain permanently in Canada must apply for a permanent resident visa. Based on this information, I am not satisfied that you would be an genuine temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of an authorized stay, and am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements for a Temporary Resident Visa.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to the concerns I have raised above. Please reply to this email within 10 days. If we do not receive a reply, the decision to cancel your visa will stand.

This will depend on how she applied and the contact information she provided and if the visa officer even bothered to send out a correspondence. They should on the basis of what is defined in the Act.

Again, you can even get in touch with the consular officials at the Canadian consulate in Chandigarh and ask for more information on your mom's file or wait until she boards an airplane bound for Canada.

If she makes it on a plane then you would know that her visa has not been canceled but she might face additional scrutiny upon landing in Canada. Then at that point, it will become your responsibility as her son to defend her and demonstrate how much you want her to be with you.
But one our known they also applied same got refused then went to india and then came back after month

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
But one our known they also applied same got refused then went to india and then came back after month
You’re saying someone you know applied for PR through H and C and got subsequently refused - the individual then later returned to Canada on a visitors visa after a month?

It’s all dependent on what you’re comfortable with. You will have to make a decision that’s is in your family’s best interests.

There is no guarantee that she will be allowed in but then again it’s all dependent on what the visa officer added in her file.

Best of luck to you and your mom!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply , i am in very critical situation, shez around65 and situation in india is worst due to virus i have no idea what to do , if she go back , and she wants to come then they will allow her ? My concern is that , its hard for her to live there. Otherwise i have to wait for pgp sponsorship that i dont know .
The officer just send the refusal letter , is this automatically means removal orders
Covid aside a 65 year old is usually able to care for themselves in their home country and that is why this was not an H&C case. It sounds like you may not have been in Canada longterm. In general H&C is not a replacement for PGP. Unfortunately many encourage people to apply for H&C as a sure bet if a parent is widowed or it is in the best interest of the grandchild.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Does anyone know, due to CV19 how many days would it take to get the letter from Vancouver to Toronto? Can i request via webform to email me the copy of mailed letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know, due to CV19 how many days would it take to get the letter from Vancouver to Toronto? Can i request via webform to email me the copy of mailed letter?
Depends on the level of service you pay for and at what time of day you mail something. Pay for tracking. Receipt of your mail doesn’t get input into the system right away so it is unlikely that someone is going to keep an eye out for when your letter was received and email you. Attach your mail to your webform.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Depends on the level of service you pay for and at what time of day you mail something. Pay for tracking. Receipt of your mail doesn’t get input into the system right away so it is unlikely that someone is going to keep an eye out for when your letter was received and email you. Attach your mail to your webform.
Thank you for your reply. I am waiting for the letter that was issued couple of weeks ago. At AIP, it states I need to response in 30 days. That's why I am bit worried.
If i am not mistaken the letter is going to travel all the way from Vancouver to Toronto, I know canada post is very slow due to CV19.

Should I contact them via webform and ask for a digital copy of the letter that was mail to me?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Covid aside a 65 year old is usually able to care for themselves in their home country and that is why this was not an H&C case. It sounds like you may not have been in Canada longterm. In general H&C is not a replacement for PGP. Unfortunately many encourage people to apply for H&C as a sure bet if a parent is widowed or it is in the best interest of the grandchild.
@canuck78 thinks even a 70 year old fella is young - so I wouldn't stress too much on what he's saying. Your H and C is refused because your documentation kind of showed that you might have been using this program to navigate around PGP sponsorship program and have no real basis for relief.

Best of luck to you and your mom in the future - what ever you do, do it in a manner that is well thought out is all I gotta say.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
It means you can submit any evidence or a letter of any type up until the time your application gets picked up by a consular office for processing that you think can improve your chances.

- H and C applications are generally not successful when filed by both partners because they can take care of themselves, unless your circumstances are exceptional and warrant relief. This is due to the fact that IRCC thinks that the two of you can support each other in your country of origin.

- If your son is under the age of 18, then it could become a best interest of a child case. If not, then the chances of winning are slim. BIOC case acceptance rate is usually higher than non BIOC cases.

Your case will be decided depending on the quality of your documentation. But if you arrived here as visitors recently and applied for PR under H and C considerations, then it does not go to show that you have established here. H and C is for people who have resided in Canada for years.
What kind of evidence or letters are submitted

Thanks

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
What kind of evidence or letters are submitted

Thanks
Every case is unique in its own ways so it’s all dependent on how exceptional your situation is. There is no clear cut checklist for H and C application.
Think about it like this - immigration application made under H and C are very much like a court case so winning it depends solely on the merit of your case and if you really need any kind of relief.

It is not just another way of applying for PR. My mom is 50 - 48 when she applied for H and C. We won the case because I put in so much effort into preparing the documentation and I grew up in Canada. Immigration officer saw this and called me before issuing an approval letter.

Like I said, decisions are made on a case by case basis and you can’t copy someone’s case and try to fit some of the elements into yours.