+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Although I am happy for you act like the government has made your family suffer for 16 years when the 16 years was totally his own doing and your family’s status in Canada is based on using various aliases and misrepresentation. Your whole family could have lost your status in Canada and been deported a long time ago. It is a miracle that he wasn’t at least deported with and was allowed to remain in Canada all this time especially after it was discovered he had been using fake documents so many times. It may not seem that way but your family has somehow got very lucky and CBSA turned a blind eye and didn’t pursue the rest of your family and deport you all. You actually got lucky for 16 years. When you use false documents multiple times over many years and many entrances and in applications to IRB and CIC there are consequences. Compared to most your father and your family got off very easy and seems to have won a lottery being able to remain in Canada with a work permit and healthcare for so long. Most who have done much less are deported. I am very happy for your family but don’t think the struggle was unwarranted given what he did repeatedly. If anything he is lucky his crimes and the potential consequences on the rest of his family were ignored. If others are reading this story they should assume that there is a very high chance that you will be deported if it is discovered that you have applied for asylum, traveled through Canadian borders, sponsored family, applied for PR, etc. using fake documents. Being able to remain in Canada so long is after such history of misrepresentation is not typical. Most Canadians were relieved when Roxham road was closed so given PR automatically to those who crossed would likely bring up outrage in many who have been crying for Roxham Rd to be closed.
I don’t know why it bothered you so much to write all that.Okay! Agreed,he made a mistake and he has paid the price.we all make mistakes and who are you to judge. .It’s not like throughout those 16years he didn’t pay taxes to the government.You’re clearly not happy for this family.You just big mad they got a chance.you assumed he’s just another free loader.They got some really irritating people on this platform

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Although I am happy for you act like the government has made your family suffer for 16 years when the 16 years was totally his own doing and your family’s status in Canada is based on using various aliases and misrepresentation. Your whole family could have lost your status in Canada and been deported a long time ago. It is a miracle that he wasn’t at least deported with and was allowed to remain in Canada all this time especially after it was discovered he had been using fake documents so many times. It may not seem that way but your family has somehow got very lucky and CBSA turned a blind eye and didn’t pursue the rest of your family and deport you all. You actually got lucky for 16 years. When you use false documents multiple times over many years and many entrances and in applications to IRB and CIC there are consequences. Compared to most your father and your family got off very easy and seems to have won a lottery being able to remain in Canada with a work permit and healthcare for so long. Most who have done much less are deported. I am very happy for your family but don’t think the struggle was unwarranted given what he did repeatedly. If anything he is lucky his crimes and the potential consequences on the rest of his family were ignored. If others are reading this story they should assume that there is a very high chance that you will be deported if it is discovered that you have applied for asylum, traveled through Canadian borders, sponsored family, applied for PR, etc. using fake documents. Being able to remain in Canada so long is after such history of misrepresentation is not typical. Most Canadians were relieved when Roxham road was closed so given PR automatically to those who crossed would likely bring up outrage in many who have been crying for Roxham Rd to be closed.
First of all, thank you for conveying your happiness. I will correct you on a few false narratives in your post for actual facts coming from someone who has first hand knowledge of the full situation.

Firstly, I did not say that the government has made my family suffer. I used the word 'struggle' which literally means "strive to achieve or attain something in the face of difficulty or resistance." And I stand by my word choice. However, I do agree with you that the struggle was not unwarranted.

Secondly, yes he did apply for asylum using fake documents and he was wrong in not surrendering the said documents upon claiming asylum in Canada in 1996, however, he sponsored his family on real/authentic documents. He was given a temporary SIN like any other asylum seeker and then a permanent SIN once he was given landed immigrant status in 1997 (the same SIN which he holds today). All his provincial IDs he holds til this date (which are the same IDs he's had since being granted landed immigrant status) are authentic and based on whom he really is (certainly not fake IDs). There were no 'various aliases' that he used but there was a case of misrepresentation. He was not travelling through Canada left-right-center on fake IDs and aliases, however, he did travel in/out of Canada 2 times on a false passport (which I agree was wrongful of him). As for my family getting lucky and not being deported, I agree with you that we were very lucky in that sense. However, I would like to point out that it was the IRB judge who made that decision in 2003 to not hold accountable my family for my father's misrepresentation when in a hearing he revoked my father's landed immigrant status. He said it would be 'unfair to punish' the whole family for the actions of one person. Although we had only been in Canada for only 4 years, and it wouldn't have been difficult to deport us, the judge took a compassionate approach and we're forever thankful to him.

As for the CBSA, they were aware of his whereabouts since the case began in 2002 until this day when he became a PR. I have been in contact with the two officers who have handled his file since it's inception. I have been in meetings with both of them. I have spoken in detail to them about why they did not pursue the deportation order. To which I have always gotten the reply that my father was and is not their priority. He has one case of misrepresentation and no other history with the CBSA or any criminal history. It is the officers who said it is not difficult for them to obtain a temporary travel document for my father from his home country's embassy so they can deport him, but at the end of the day he is not their priority. The one thing that they did show surprise at was that my father's government IDs, especially the SIN were not confiscated. They said if the IDs were not confiscated at the time his landed immigrant status was revoked, then they (the CBSA) will let him keep his IDs. Furthermore, it was the first officer handling my father's file who advised and encouraged us to apply for H&C (at that time I had no idea what my father's options were to try and get legal status in Canada). And it was the said officer who said our odds of approval are very high.

Was my father wrong in his misrepresentation, yes. I cannot defend his wrong as a right. Were we lucky not to be deported, certainly I account us - including my father - to be very lucky. At the end of the day I'm thankful to the IRCC for their 'humanitarian and compassionate' decision.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I don’t know why it bothered you so much to write all that.Okay! Agreed,he made a mistake and he has paid the price.we all make mistakes and who are you to judge. .It’s not like throughout those 16years he didn’t pay taxes to the government.You’re clearly not happy for this family.You just big mad they got a chance.you assumed he’s just another free loader.They got some really irritating people on this platform
Oh I agree, he's not happy. The undertone in his whole post is of the 'holier than thou' attitude. The irony isn't lost on me. And it's certainly not the first time he's replied to a post of mines regarding my dad's file (since I joined the forum in 2018) in such a manner and I'm sure it won't be the last either. What irks me is the false narrative in his post. As if he was the crown attorney in my father's case and has had first hand experience with all the facts.

Thank you for speaking up though, I appreciate it. My father made a mistake, he was wrong. In my eyes he's paid the price. Since coming to Canada in mid 1990s he's been self-employed, created jobs, paid taxes, and been a part of the economy and community. He has absolutely 0 criminal history. Not even a speeding ticket to his name til this date. Even after suffering from a stroke he's still self-employed at the age of 67. I certainly believe that he's deserving of the PR status and so does the IRCC for that matter.

Reactions: john404 and mrs_mc

mrs_mc

May 14, 2020
Oh I agree, he's not happy. The undertone in his whole post is of the 'holier than thou' attitude. The irony isn't lost on me. And it's certainly not the first time he's replied to a post of mines regarding my dad's file (since I joined the forum in 2018) in such a manner and I'm sure it won't be the last either. What irks me is the false narrative in his post. As if he was the crown attorney in my father's case and has had first hand experience with all the facts.

Thank you for speaking up though, I appreciate it. My father made a mistake, he was wrong. In my eyes he's paid the price. Since coming to Canada in mid 1990s he's been self-employed, created jobs, paid taxes, and been a part of the economy and community. He has absolutely 0 criminal history. Not even a speeding ticket to his name til this date. Even after suffering from a stroke he's still self-employed at the age of 67. I certainly believe that he's deserving of the PR status and so does the IRCC for that matter.
well said, congratulations to your father and to your whole family!

naomi20

Dec 31, 2019
I just received CoPR in e-mail for my fathers file. We applied in March 2018. Got AIP October 24, 2019. Request for Medicals, Passport, Proof of Income, etc received March 6, 2020.

We had significant delay submitting the documents due to COVID-19 and due to many places closing down his medical was delayed along with the passport. We submitted the last of documents on May 19, 2020 and received an e-mail on May 20, 2020 that the file was now complete and forwarded for final decision.

Today, on May 27th, 2020 we received his CoPR.

Our journey comes to an end after 16 years of struggle since his initial landed immigrant status was revoked. Each and everyone of you who is still waiting for their PR is in my prayers. I know it's not an easy journey but I do believe that good things come to those who wait. Be patient, hang in there. Each and every one of you will have your moment to rejoice.
I have no idea what you have been through all these years either am I interested in your past stories which might be unpleasant anyway.But all I have to say is ...congratulations to you and your family.Good news like this, is enough encouragement for others on this forum to stay positive. I wish you all the best

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have no idea what you have been through all these years either am I interested in your past stories which might be unpleasant anyway.But all I have to say is ...congratulations to you and your family.Good news like this, is enough encouragement for others on this forum to stay positive. I wish you all the best
All in previous posts. You can read all about it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Not sure why you would expect someone who got lucky not getting caught using fake documents to arrive in Canada only to do it again years later. Assume there is a high likelihood that he used fake documents elsewhere. I believe your father and your family got extremely lucky and someone did not confiscate his government ID and had WP renewed year after year. This is pretty unheard of for it to go so long without anyone stopping him from essentially leading a normal life in Canada. The inconsistency of the system is what drives me nuts. Other families or parent could have been deported years ago. The system is also underfunded so many orders are not enforced for years.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Not sure why you would expect someone who got lucky not getting caught using fake documents to arrive in Canada only to do it again years later. Assume there is a high likelihood that he used fake documents elsewhere. I believe your father and your family got extremely lucky and someone did not confiscate his government ID and had WP renewed year after year. This is pretty unheard of for it to go so long without anyone stopping him from essentially leading a normal life in Canada. The inconsistency of the system is what drives me nuts. Other families or parent could have been deported years ago. The system is also underfunded so many orders are not enforced for years.
I really do wish you'd stop with your misinformation but unfortunately that won't be happening, I can tell. FYI: he NEVER had a work permit which needed to be renewed year after year. So idk where you're getting all this gibberish from. He's been able to operate his business using his SIN and the provincial government has issued business license every time without a problem.

You can continue to throw your tantrum if you please. I will not be enlightening you with any further reply. You're not worth the effort mate.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Thank you and wishing you all the best as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I really do wish you'd stop with your misinformation but unfortunately that won't be happening, I can tell. FYI: he NEVER had a work permit which needed to be renewed year after year. So idk where you're getting all this gibberish from. He's been able to operate his business using his SIN and the provincial government has issued business license every time without a problem.

You can continue to throw your tantrum if you please. I will not be enlightening you with any further reply. You're not worth the effort mate.
If he didn’t have PR how did he work legally without a work permit or PR? If not he was working illegally using a SIN that should have been disabled. That would make him even luckier and someone even more incompetent.

How did he access healthcare legally without a WP or PR?

Last edited:

KechE

Jan 28, 2019
@canuck78 If you don't have anything positive to contribute towards the positive news of someone who has waited 16 years of their life to correct a mistake and has finally been blessed with obtaining their COPR which is encouraging news for most of us here. Nobody is interested in anyone's past mistakes.Everyone here wants positive news on their pending application and any positive news regardless of past mistakes helps and encourages most of us.If you have a problem with @bushra1122 family getting lucky then please TAKE IT UP with the judge,CBSA or even the IRCC.Don't come on this platform and dampen spirits of those who want good news.Respect yourself @canuck78

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
@bushra1122
Congratulations to you and your family for achieving the ability to stay together in Canada. I think in one of the previous posts, Bushra mentioned that she/he is a Canadian citizen, and I have seen cases where lawyers working at prominent law firms in Toronto cited jurisprudence/precedent cases where a foreign national relative was allowed back into Canada, even after a serious conviction in the United States and was subsequently deported to India after doing his time. If your father is going about his business then I don't understand why a particular member on this forum has such a big problem with that.

Again, congratulations - they have already considered all of the material information before concluding your father's case so in my opinion, an achievement well deserved.

A side note, it is not the first time this had happened. Lawyers have a way of digging through previous cases and finding remedy. The other member has a history of making negative comments in every post he posts.

Reactions: bushra1122

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Please be advised that this forum is not a platform for you to express "what you think" and "your views". They are largely irrelevant.

"Being able to remain in Canada so long is after such history of misrepresentation is not typical. Most Canadians were relieved when Roxham road was closed so given PR automatically to those who crossed would likely bring up outrage in many who have been crying for Roxham Rd to be closed" @canuck78

This statement is very xenophobic.

Reactions: john404 and naomi20

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
@bushra1122
Congratulations to you and your family for achieving the ability to stay together in Canada. I think in one of the previous posts, Bushra mentioned that she/he is a Canadian citizen, and I have seen cases where lawyers working at prominent law firms in Toronto cited jurisprudence/precedent cases where a foreign national relative was allowed back into Canada, even after a serious conviction in the United States and was subsequently deported to India after doing his time. If your father is going about his business then I don't understand why a particular member on this forum has such a big problem with that.

Again, congratulations - they have already considered all of the material information before concluding your father's case so in my opinion, an achievement well deserved.

A side note, it is not the first time this had happened. Lawyers have a way of digging through previous cases and finding remedy. The other member has a history of making negative comments in every post he posts.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, my whole family whom he had sponsored are Canadian citizens since 2003 (oldest sibling), 2004 (mother), 2005 (minor siblings).

His H&C file had no lawyer involved. I handled it myself and did the paperwork. We based his file on: his establishment in Canada (employed since 1997, self-employed from 2003-present), his inability to leave Canada (expired passport in custody of CBSA), family ties to Canada (wife, 5 kids, 3 sons-in-law, 7 grandkids in Canada) and lack of family ties to home country (no surviving family member left).

Although he himself didn't have legal status after his landed immigrant status was taken away, he NEVER once let us slack in our responsibilities as Canadian citizens. When each of his kids turned 18 and were able to vote, he ensured we voted in every single election. He never had PR or citizenship but he never let us take our Canadian citizenship for granted in any way.

Today, I received a call from the CBSA agent handling my father's file, congratulating me on my father's PR which was "well deserved" she said. I know my father was deserving of being granted PR, IRCC agrees, the CBSA agrees as well. I'm definitely not going to let someone hiding behind a computer screen dampen my spirits.

Reactions: naomi20

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
@canuck78 If you don't have anything positive to contribute towards the positive news of someone who has waited 16 years of their life to correct a mistake and has finally been blessed with obtaining their COPR which is encouraging news for most of us here. Nobody is interested in anyone's past mistakes.Everyone here wants positive news on their pending application and any positive news regardless of past mistakes helps and encourages most of us.If you have a problem with @bushra1122 family getting lucky then please TAKE IT UP with the judge,CBSA or even the IRCC.Don't come on this platform and dampen spirits of those who want good news.Respect yourself @canuck78
Thank you for your support and encouragement, it means a lot.