H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I don't understand something.
when the officer opened the file, checked the documents and sent AOR, a letter for the biometric data or letter for medical exam, that means he started processing and working n the file, right ?
so the word in process on ecas is not really true? because some people received letters from officer for biometrics for exemple even if they don't have ( in process ) in ecas account.
@Ayanna do you have any idea please ?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
when the officer opened the file, checked the documents and sent AOR, a letter for the biometric data or letter for medical exam, that means he started processing and working n the file, right ?
so the word in process on ecas is not really true? because some people received letters from officer for biometrics for exemple even if they don't have ( in process ) in ecas account.
when you send your application to Vancouver office the application received by office when sent you Aor they will make sure your application is complete the open application see if you need a medical exam or biometric
The officer make sure you don’t miss anything otherwise they will refuse your application then your application will pass to H&c officer this is how the process is going to start
When you check your application on ecas
You will see a message we start processing your application

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "in process" is very inconsistent and unreliable. My partner's file remained in process for 1 year after his officer had already rejected it. The system showed in process while she has already made her decision a year before that. Thankfully, the GCMS notes showed that.

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
The "in process" is very inconsistent and unreliable. My partner's file remained in process for 1 year after his officer had already rejected it. The system showed in process while she has already made her decision a year before that. Thankfully, the GCMS notes showed that.
They don't frequently update the Ecas, so most of the time you get your Aip in the mail , and it takes like 3 weeks or more before it's updated.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don't frequently update the Ecas, so most of the time you get your Aip in the mail , and it takes like 3 weeks or more before it's updated.
Same for rejections I think. She wrote in GCMS notes that she mailed her rejection letter for both PRRA and HC, but we never received anything.

His AIP came by e-mail when we applied HC for the 3rd time...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Ecas was updated today with:
“Medical results have been received.”
Anybody know what’s the next step? approval/rejection? Police check? (H&C).
Thanks for your help
if they have not requested police certificates and proof of financial self-sufficiency yet, this will be next step. For my partner, they asked for these in the same e-mail where they granted Approval In principle (AIP), but the order of things varies from agent to agent and file to file.

Ramone1

Oct 4, 2017
Hello @Ramone1

Are you gonna apply for the visitor visa extension after the Aip of your parents ?
Hello I had applied for visitor visa extension and then for H and c last year. It was mentioned in my h and c file that we have applied for extension of visa. Our visa file was transferred to edmonton as it was dependent on h and c decision ( weather the officer will grant medical exemption or not). Now we should get visitor visa extension as we have got Aip.

Reactions: RaiSaab108

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello I had applied for visitor visa extension and then for H and c last year. It was mentioned in my h and c file that we have applied for extension of visa. Our visa file was transferred to edmonton as it was dependent on h and c decision ( weather the officer will grant medical exemption or not). Now we should get visitor visa extension as we have got Aip.
I think they don't need to apply for extension because they got AIP.
they will receive officaly their PR status soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Ecas was updated today with:
“Medical results have been received.”
Anybody know what’s the next step? approval/rejection? Police check? (H&C).
Thanks for your help
They are not only working on your case so just have a little patience. As I pointed out there was no need to call about your medical since you had submitted so recently without many days being business days. You have to understand that there can be weeks or even months before the next contact. The next thing is likely a request for more medical information or a change to passed the medical. Although you may feel like this is a slow process, cases are processing extremely fast. You used to hear nothing for the first year and it would take 2-3 years to get an approval/refusal.

Last edited: