+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Do NOT depend on your lawyer. trust me,I was in your situation. this forum has been helpful. Aynnna was the person that advice me to contact CIC by myself rather than waste time depending of my lawyer to get a copy of my refusal.

You won't believe it, I paid my lawyer to apply for the refusal letter. It's been about 4 months now, she has NOT received the copy. I contacted CIC myself via email base on Ayanna's advice. In less than 24 hrs, CIC email me the copy for free. I was surprised. imagine if I have waited for the lawyer, I will be in the dark. till now, my lawyer has received nothing. Please, learn from this.

Send CIC an email requesting a copy of your refusal letter. the same email they use to email you the decision letter should be the same email you should use to email them to request a copy. that is what I did and they emailed me a copy in less than 24 hrs

This is why you should NEVER depend on the words of a lawyer. you have to put in most of the work if you want to increase the chances of approval of your application.
How i do that? please elaborate

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
[/QUOTE
Let me first by asking if you receive your decision letter via email? Secondly, was your decision letter sent to you via email? Thirdly, is that the same email you use for your application to receive any message from CIC?

If so, write CIC a sweet and brief email requesting a copy of your refusal letter. Ensure you include a copy of your decision letter to the email and your personal information in the email such as your h&c file number, name, etc so that they can easily locate your file.

They will send you a copy provided your email match what they have on their system to identify you are the true owner of the application. This is what i did and it worked like magic. I did not pay anything for it.

The earlier you do this , the better so that they can locate your file easily

Reactions: Latin40

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
Seems like you know exactly what to do and personally I would do everything by myself without a lawyer. It would be a lot of work but at least you'll put more effort and write about your establishment in Canada because only you can tell your story as best
I totally agree!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do NOT depend on your lawyer. trust me,I was in your situation. this forum has been helpful. Aynnna was the person that advice me to contact CIC by myself rather than waste time depending of my lawyer to get a copy of my refusal.

You won't believe it, I paid my lawyer to apply for the refusal letter. It's been about 4 months now, she has NOT received the copy. I contacted CIC myself via email base on Ayanna's advice. In less than 24 hrs, CIC email me the copy for free. I was surprised. imagine if I have waited for the lawyer, I will be in the dark. till now, my lawyer has received nothing. Please, learn from this.

Send CIC an email requesting a copy of your refusal letter. the same email they use to email you the decision letter should be the same email you should use to email them to request a copy. that is what I did and they emailed me a copy in less than 24 hrs

This is why you should NEVER depend on the words of a lawyer. you have to put in most of the work if you want to increase the chances of approval of your application.
absolutely agree. We have had very negative experiences with lawyers. My spouse had mis-represented on his first PR application and lost PR in 2015.

1st lawyer: told him mis-representation is not serious and no need to prepare for appeal. Of course he lost the appeal.

2nd lawyer: applied for HC in a hurry and made tons of mistakes. He even put by mistake that we intend to live in Quebec, while we are in Ontario. Because of that, file went to Montreal and got refused. He also kept receiving removal letters from CBSA demanding to come to the office but always "forgot" to forward them to us.

3rd lawyer: applied again for HC. Charged almost 10,000$ while I did 90% of the work. When we got refusal, she said we have to appeal for judicial review for 15,000$ And another 15,000$ or so for stay of removal. Pointless to do a new HC application. I lost my patience with her when she said I should not call IRCC and request status of file without her permission. Horrible attitude and arrogance.

4th time: we cancelled all lawyers, sat down and wrote new HC application ourselves. It worked this time, finally. AIP received on May 18th.

Canadagee

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I don’t know about Aip because it’s depends on Evidence and factors and also officer
But I know They are trying to finish all the 2020 application by the end of July
Decision means yes or no !
Hi, just wondering, where is this information coming from? I’m 2020 applicant

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
absolutely agree. We have had very negative experiences with lawyers. My spouse had mis-represented on his first PR application and lost PR in 2015.

1st lawyer: told him mis-representation is not serious and no need to prepare for appeal. Of course he lost the appeal.

2nd lawyer: applied for HC in a hurry and made tons of mistakes. He even put by mistake that we intend to live in Quebec, while we are in Ontario. Because of that, file went to Montreal and got refused. He also kept receiving removal letters from CBSA demanding to come to the office but always "forgot" to forward them to us.

3rd lawyer: applied again for HC. Charged almost 10,000$ while I did 90% of the work. When we got refusal, she said we have to appeal for judicial review for 15,000$ And another 15,000$ or so for stay of removal. Pointless to do a new HC application. I lost my patience with her when she said I should not call IRCC and request status of file without her permission. Horrible attitude and arrogance.

4th time: we cancelled all lawyers, sat down and wrote new HC application ourselves. It worked this time, finally. AIP received on May 18th.
Hi @Katayoon can i ask you a question in private ?

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
Congrats to all of you who whose applications have been approved.i have a question pls.can someone sponsor a child who is above 22 years old based on h and c reasons.my h and c application got approved when my son is 23 years old so I'm doubting if I can still sponsor him

Reactions: Fayamufi