+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Good evening @bella12 how are you ? did you find a good lawyer ? have you made a reconsideration applicaiton or you sent a new h&c applicaiton ? you can send me a private message if you want
I apologize it is been a while( i think about a month now) I have not posted or been in this forum. I have been very busy working closely with my lawyer on a new h&c application. I have been the one gathering the evidence by myself with little guidance from my lawyer. However, the evidence my lawyer requested is the basic generic evidence that has little value to my case, to be honest. this was why my first application was refused.

I have noticed MOST lawyers spend absolutely no time doing an analysis of a client case to know the list of documents that will help one's case. all they do is ask for genric evidence. So, I spent most of the time gathering the evidence myself. some have to be sent to me from my country. so, it took time. I have to also write an affidavit about my immigration story as well.

In order to concentrate is why you ain't see my post in the forum for a long time. I have now completed everything now. I have shipped all to my lawyer's office. She will be starting on my application next week.. Also, I will ensure I keep a close eye on everything she is doing.... this another mistake I made with my first lawyer. I left everything to the lawyer without checking what he did.

One lesson I have learned is that even if you hire a lawyer, you need to do most of the work yourself because you know your immigration story way more than a lawyer. This will help you to know what evidence you need for your case.. Base the immigration story you have written and evidence is what the lawyer will work with.....So, I am optimistic my application will be successful this time around.

I have been reading yall comment. I notice the processing time is now faster and a lot of people have been getting approval lately. that's good news.

Check your inbox !

Last edited:

Jattballiye

Jun 1, 2021
Since you have ongoing refugee hearing it might be affect your H&c or delay based on how the immigration officer see your case
Sometime is good if the officer see like you’re trying to establish yourself in Canada Five years enough time to show them you were here working supporting your family and yourself
Thank you for replying

Reactions: Ayanna

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
I apologize it is been a while( i think about a month now) I have not posted or been in this forum. I have been very busy working closely with my lawyer on a new h&c application. I have been there one gathering the evidence by myself with little guidance from my lawyer. However, the evidence my lawyer requested is the basic everyday evidence that has little value to my case, to be honest. this was why my first application was refused.

I have noticed MOST lawyers spend absolutely no time doing an analysis of a client case to know the list of documents that will help one's case. all they do is ask for genric evidence. So, I spent most of the time gathering the evidence myself. some have to be sent to me from my country. so, it took time. I have to also write an affidavit about my immigration story as well.

In order to concentrate is why you ain't see my post in the forum for a long time. I have now completed everything now. I have shipped all to my lawyer's office. She will be starting on my application next week.. Also, I will ensure I keep a close eye on everything she is doing.... this another mistake I made with my first lawyer. I left everything to the lawyer without checking what he did.

One lesson I have learned is that even if you hire a lawyer, you need to do most of the work yourself because you know your story way more than a lawyer. Base the immigration story you have written and evidence is what the lawyer will work with.....So, I am optimistic my application will be successful this time around.

I have been reading yall comment. I notice the processing time is now faster and a lot of people have been getting approval lately. that's good news.

Check your inbox !
I notice that the majority of lawyers give little advice. In my case I was also the one searching what to include in my application. It looks like they basically just fill the forms.

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I notice that the majority of lawyers give little advice. In my case I was also the one searching what to include in my application. It looks like they basically just fill the forms.

I am in love with this post. you are 100% on point with what you said. It is like I did basically 80% of the work by myself.

The first application my first lawyer did, I left everything to him and it was refused. that was the biggest mistake I made. I learnt NEVER to depend on a lawyer to guide you on the evidence you need in your case. you know your immigration story better than a lwyer. you should apply common sense to know what evidence will help your immigration case.

Do you mind me asking if you ask for a discount from your lawyer since you did most of the work by yourself?

I am considering asking my lawyer for a huge discount since I have done about 80% of the work by myself or maybe I should pay my lawyer per hr...I also filled the forms by myself. no guidance at all from my lawyer. the only thing I would say she will need to do is to add her research work to my application. that's all. I can also do this by myself but I don't want to take the risk.

I don't think paying her full money is fair...what is yall opinion about this? have you experience something like this and how did you handle it?

Canadagee

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
It’s depends on officer usually is one year but I saw members got two years in three years
Hi, I’m in H&C process for 1 year almost, we have refugee claim application denied and we apply for WP last February, I got 4 years WP, I think it depends on immigration officer

Reactions: Ayanna

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Am sorry to hear this. I know exactly how it feels. don't give up yet..have you requested a copy of the reason(s) you are refused from CIC?
This should be your first move! it will also act as a guide for you to know what are the things you need to do to counter all the reasons outlined in your refusal letter if considering any new application!

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
I am in love with this post. you are 100% on point with what you said. It is like I did basically 80% of the work by myself.

The first application my first lawyer did, I left everything to him and it was refused. that was the biggest mistake I made. I learnt NEVER to depend on a lawyer to guide you on the evidence you need in your case. you know your immigration story better than a lwyer. you should apply common sense to know what evidence will help your immigration case.

Do you mind me asking if you ask for a discount from your lawyer since you did most of the work by yourself?

I am considering asking my lawyer for a huge discount since I have done about 80% of the work by myself or maybe I should pay my lawyer per hr...I also filled the forms by myself. no guidance at all from my lawyer. the only thing I would say she will need to do is to add her research work to my application. that's all. I can also do this by myself but I don't want to take the risk.

I don't think paying her full money is fair...what is yall opinion about this? have you experience something like this and how did you handle it?
Seems like you know exactly what to do and personally I would do everything by myself without a lawyer. It would be a lot of work but at least you'll put more effort and write about your establishment in Canada because only you can tell your story as best

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Am sorry to hear this. I know exactly how it feels. don't give up yet..have you requested a copy of the reason(s) you are refused from CIC?
This should be your first move! it will also act as a guide for you to know what are the things you need to do to counter all the reasons outlined in your refusal letter if considering any new application!
Its ok. and thank you. My lawyer recieved letter thats says request not granted.I asked them to send for reconsideration

Reactions: Fayamufi and Ayanna

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Its ok. and thank you. My lawyer recieved letter thats says request not granted.I asked them to send for reconsideration
Do NOT depend on your lawyer. trust me,I was in your situation. this forum has been helpful. Aynnna was the person that advice me to contact CIC by myself rather than waste time depending of my lawyer to get a copy of my refusal.

You won't believe it, I paid my lawyer to apply for the refusal letter. It's been about 4 months now, she has NOT received the copy. I contacted CIC myself via email base on Ayanna's advice. In less than 24 hrs, CIC email me the copy for free. I was surprised. imagine if I have waited for the lawyer, I will be in the dark. till now, my lawyer has received nothing. Please, learn from this.

Send CIC an email requesting a copy of your refusal letter. the same email they use to email you the decision letter should be the same email you should use to email them to request a copy. that is what I did and they emailed me a copy in less than 24 hrs

This is why you should NEVER depend on the words of a lawyer. you have to put in most of the work if you want to increase the chances of approval of your application.