H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Gottesliebe

May 4, 2021
My timeline here one more time!

2020 feb 24 application received
2020 July Biometric done
2020 Nov 24 Start in processing
2021 Feb 22 Aip and documents requested
(At this time my file transferred to Niagara bro)

2021 March 6 Medical request
2021 March 8 Sent request document
2021 march 26 medical done
2021 April Medical received
2021 Aril 16 Additional document requested
2021 April 19 Sent requested document
2021 May 13. Copr letter

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019
My timeline here one more time!

2020 feb 24 application received
2020 July Biometric done
2020 Nov 24 Start in processing
2021 Feb 22 Aip and documents requested
(At this time my file transferred to Niagara bro)

2021 March 6 Medical request
2021 March 8 Sent request document
2021 march 26 medical done
2021 April Medical received
2021 Aril 16 Additional document requested
2021 April 19 Sent requested document
2021 May 13. Copr letter
Are you in Ontario?

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Hello,

I reached out DMed some senior forum members here and they suggested to put this here to seek further inputs. I wonder If you would be kind to share your feedback/opinion/experience on the matter of H&C Applications.

I am a Canadian PR since 2017 and have my mother on Supervisa since September 2018. She was scheduled to leave Canada in September 2020 last year in August however could not leave due to COVID. We were Hoping a year of Extension(Visitor Record) would give enough time to have Covid caused issues settled down and she would be safely travelling back to Home Country(India) in September 2021.

Currently,
She has her tickets booked already from Canada to India for Aug 2021; however for now we understand flights to India have been non-operational.

I know if flights continue to be non-operational, that would let me apply for another Visitor Record with a reason of Unable to leave Canada due to unavailability/non-operational flights.

However, the COVID situations in India is so dire, that there are no enough Hospital Beds, Oxygens, even no Ambulances and the Infections numbers and rate of increase has been so high that even if Flights start become operational, It would be extremely difficult for me to send off my mother, considering her age above 70 years. Hence, I am exploring to see if I can submit H&C Application for my mother.

I wonder if you have some thoughts on below items.
  1. As my mothers Current Visitor record ends in September 2021, and if I submit H&C Application before that; would she get an Implied Status till H&C Outcome is reached?
  2. Would you know if H&C Application gets refused; does it have any impact on her future Supervisa or PGP(Lottery PR) Applications?
  3. Do any members here have experience on Getting Medical Insurance meanwhile the H&C Application is submitted? For my case, I have ongoing Supervisa insurance till September 2021. Assuming I have submitted H&C application and after September 2021 if she happens to be still in Canada, I am wondering whether I will still be able to get Medical Insurance till H&C decision comes out. (Note: I already reached out Insurance providers and not yet got any feedback from them, it feel its complex questions case for them)
I appreciate your time and feedback.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayanna

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Hello family!
We got invited through Express Entry!!! It’s something that I couldn’t get in 9 years for myself and finally got it through my wife who did a very good English test plus all her background. We are so EXCITED!!!!

I think about it’s much easier process than H&C. What do you think about?? Have you seen someone in the same situation? Anyone with more experience here? @Ayanna?

I have a call with my lawyer for next steps to do. We still need to submit all the EE documentation! Hopefully all gets well!

All the best my friends ;)

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hello,

I reached out DMed some senior forum members here and they suggested to put this here to seek further inputs. I wonder If you would be kind to share your feedback/opinion/experience on the matter of H&C Applications.

I am a Canadian PR since 2017 and have my mother on Supervisa since September 2018. She was scheduled to leave Canada in September 2020 last year in August however could not leave due to COVID. We were Hoping a year of Extension(Visitor Record) would give enough time to have Covid caused issues settled down and she would be safely travelling back to Home Country(India) in September 2021.

Currently,
She has her tickets booked already from Canada to India for Aug 2021; however for now we understand flights to India have been non-operational.

I know if flights continue to be non-operational, that would let me apply for another Visitor Record with a reason of Unable to leave Canada due to unavailability/non-operational flights.

However, the COVID situations in India is so dire, that there are no enough Hospital Beds, Oxygens, even no Ambulances and the Infections numbers and rate of increase has been so high that even if Flights start become operational, It would be extremely difficult for me to send off my mother, considering her age above 70 years. Hence, I am exploring to see if I can submit H&C Application for my mother.

1. As my mothers Current Visitor record ends in September 2021, and if I submit H&C Application before that; would she get an Implied Status till H&C Outcome is reached?
  2. Would you know if H&C Application gets refused; does it have any impact on her future Supervisa or PGP(Lottery PR) Applications?
  3. Do any members here have experience on Getting Medical Insurance meanwhile the H&C Application is submitted? For my case, I have ongoing Supervisa insurance till September 2021. Assuming I have submitted H&C application and after September 2021 if she happens to be still in Canada, I am wondering whether I will still be able to get Medical Insurance till H&C decision comes out. (Note: I already reached out Insurance providers and not yet got any feedback from them, it feel its complex questions case for them)

Thanks
Hi there
Answer 1
H&c Application don’t give you implied status but you can extend her visitors record as long your mom application in
Process
Answers 2
It’s all about luck I saw some people got impact and I also saw people don’t get impact
Nothing happened
Answer 3
You can’t get medical insurance if your in process when you get the first stage approval then you get that give her temporary status
Good luck

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

Currently,

Thanks

But you were already inquiring back in 2018 on how to get another two year stay for your mother

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-after-2-years-for-a-supervisa-holder.585599/#post-7256069

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hello family!
We got invited through Express Entry!!! It’s something that I couldn’t get in 9 years for myself and finally got it through my wife who did a very good English test plus all her background. We are so EXCITED!!!!

I think about it’s much easier process than H&C. What do you think about?? Have you seen someone in the same situation? Anyone with more experience here? @Ayanna?

I have a call with my lawyer for next steps to do. We still need to submit all the EE documentation! Hopefully all gets well!

Hey @Jaxico
that’s good news

Yes it is easy way
H&c it’s not 100% guarantee
But it’s your decision and also listen to your lawyer trust him/her

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hello family!

I am happy for you Jaxico. You can process that with peace of mind. Wishing you best of luck. May God perfect it for you.

Reactions: Ayanna and Jaxico

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Hi there
Answer 1
H&c Application don’t give you implied status but you can extend her visitors record as long your mom application in
Process
Answers 2
It’s all about luck I saw some people got impact and I also saw people don’t get impact
Nothing happened
Answer 3
You can’t get medical insurance if your in process when you get the first stage approval then you get that give her temporary status
Good luck
Thanks for feedback. For 3, I was referring Private Med Insurance, I am guessing if there is a visitor record it’s easy for insurance companies to sell the policy as to a Visitor client. My question was in case H&C App submitted and there is no Visitor record arranged or applied in parallel ; would Insurance companies still sell the coverage. I have reached out to companies to know whether they do or not and am looking to check someone here already do know more info and have gone thru the circumstances.

Last edited: