+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
To qualify for the health care worker pathway, you must be a refugee claimant or a failed refugee claimant (H&C claimants do not qualify).

You must also have at least 120 hours of paid health care worker experience in Canada between the dates of March 13 and August 13, 2020. Do you have paid work experience as a health care worker in Canada from last year that was gained under a work permit?
is it not extended till august 2021. ??

and the answer of your question is “ NO” i did not knew about this program till last month...

i saw on IRCC website thatHealth care worker category and time has been extended...
Please read it.
Yes i am refugee rejected since 2013.
And i have deportation order since then, i could not travel because i can not prove where i am from.

Is there any hope for me from been a HEALTH CARE WORKER, homekeeper.

i am helping someone without getting paid from HEALTH CARE WORKER DEPARTMENT since last year 2020.

Reactions: Ayanna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is it not extended till august 2021. ??

and the answer of your question is “ NO” i did not knew about this program till last month...

i saw on IRCC website thatHealth care worker category and time has been extended...
Please read it.
Yes i am refugee rejected since 2013.
And i have deportation order since then, i could not travel because i can not prove where i am from.

Is there any hope for me from been a HEALTH CARE WORKER, homekeeper.

i am helping someone without getting paid from HEALTH CARE WORKER DEPARTMENT since last year 2020.
The work experience needs to be paid. Unpaid work experience is not counted. If your work experience is all unpaid, then you don't qualify under this program unfortunately.

The requirements are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/healthcare-workers-permanent-residence/eligibility.html

To qualify, you must have the following paid work experience.
  1. Between March 13 and August 14, 2020, you worked for at least 120 hours.
  2. Before August 31, 2021, you have a total work experience of either
    • full-time work: 30 hours a week for 6 months
    • part-time work: 750 part-time hours

• Sad
Reactions: Fayamufi and Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
so,
What you suggest me to do.
I applied in july 2020 for leave judicial review for my H&C and i am still waiting.

Can i apply for reconsideration??

any suggestions from any one’s experience.

and +
what is going on with health care worker.

i heard we can apply for that too...
How...
Since last 4 months i am helping someone in my community, in my area.
She said since i am not charging her anything, she really want to help me with my documents.

any one has any idea how she can help me.

she is disabled, she can not do anything by her own.
She need assistance.
Since ontario is shortage of Health care worker, she has noone who can help her with her daily stuff

thankxxx
when was your refusal?
if you been refused less than six months
You can send for reconsideration
If you send a reconsideration right now
your judicial hearing will be more stronger
Then the judge send recommendations too

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Sorry for answering late. My father passed away a day after my AIP, so ..
I really don't know about judicial review federal . I think it is same as appealing based on some research that I did. I didn't appeal, i did reconsideration and the result came soon. Reconsideration takes usually about 1 week to 1 month. Hope it helps
I’m sorry your lost my deepest condolences I feel your pain
I lost my dada and my mother in a year it’s very painful

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
when was your refusal?
if you been refused less than six months
You can send for reconsideration
If you send a reconsideration right now
your judicial hearing will be more stronger
Then the judge send recommendations too
Judicial review is based on proving that an error has been made so not sure how asking for reconsideration (which is an informal process) will impact on JR.

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
To qualify for the health care worker pathway, you must be a refugee claimant or a failed refugee claimant (H&C claimants do not qualify).

You must also have at least 120 hours of paid health care worker experience in Canada between the dates of March 13 and August 13, 2020. Do you have paid work experience as a health care worker in Canada from last year that was gained under a work permit?
How do you mean H&C claimants do not qualify? Of course they do, H&C claimants that had failed refugee claims and were healthcare workers during the stated period qualify and some already received their PR. You just have to convert your H&C file to the pathway programme by filling and signing a form which is backed up with a note from your lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How do you mean H&C claimants do not qualify? Of course they do, H&C claimants that had failed refugee claims and were healthcare workers during the stated period qualify and some already received their PR. You just have to convert your H&C file to the pathway programme by filling and signing a form which is backed up with a note from your lawyer.
Sorry - I should have been clearer. You need to be a refugee claimant. You can also be an H&C applicant (as long as you are also a failed refugee claimant).

However if you are only an H&C applicant (but not a refugee claimant), then you don't qualify.