+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Thanks for your recommendation but can you please answer my question if you know something about it.
In my case we received AIP and immediately my husband applied for Work Permit.
He received the WP 2 days before CoPR. That’s why I am asking what was his status (he didn’t have any before) from AIP to CoPR
After AIP,the person becomes a foreign national.So like temporary status like visitors,student e.t.c Which gives him a status

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
I was told that after AIP is best to restore your status with a trp or a work permit etc because AIP doesn't give status. That's good to know
AIP does give you status because,it allows you to extend your stay while you wait for COPR.if you have a deportation order,that’s why it gets canceled once you receive AIP because you’re no longer removable as you now have a status.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for your recommendation but can you please answer my question if you know something about it.
He received the WP 2 days before CoPR. That’s why I am asking what was his status (he didn’t have any before) from AIP to CoPR
if you guys have your copr then you don’t need work permit your status as permanent resident now
Have you guys applied for sin number yet

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
@Growing pains well said
From Aip to copr , his status was like a temporary resident or a visitor

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
with CoPR you can get all your rights in Qc even if you don't have CSQ !

PR has the right to live in all canadian provinces and Qc is one of them

Reactions: Kemmie11

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
I think Aip give you status because a person without status can't apply for health card if it didn't give status you couldn't apply for health card, i Think is protected person, because that's what the lady said to me at sevice Ontario that i'm a protected person when I went there with my Aip.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I think Aip give you status because a person without status can't apply for health card if it didn't give status you couldn't apply for health card, i Think is protected person, because that's what the lady said to me at sevice Ontario that i'm a protected person when I went there with my Aip.
also, when you have AIP you can accumulate days in the calculation of citizenship, the same calculation like any other temporary resident or protected person

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
also, when you have AIP you can accumulate days in the calculation of citizenship, the same calculation like any other temporary resident or protected person
Yes! That is correct but the days will be counted as half/day.So basically,if you were on temporary status for a year,that 1 year becomes 6months.The only time you’d get full day will be from when you obtained a PR status.

Reactions: wello711

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
Hi guys i have a question,I don't understand if my husband has to undergo a medical test even if he will not get PR with me and with my children I have not put him as a dependent ?
i of course declared that i'm married but by spouse lives abroad actually and he don't want to get PR !

maybe after 4 or 5 years but actually he don'ytwant to live in canada permanently, he has a visitor visa if he want to visit us but he don't need PR .
does he still have to do a medical exam ??
@Ayanna do you have an idea ?
@Mhy0811 can you help me ?. i road before that you have a dependent child who lives abroad, should he need to pass a medical exam ?
All ur dependents abroad have to do medicals.ur husband has to do it

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
All ur dependents abroad have to do medicals.ur husband has to do it
thanks , can it affect my application like when the principale applicant lives abroad or not ? because my husband is not the principal applicant and he is not an applicant at all