+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Adebeesea

Jul 5, 2019
Thank you all. I’ve been on this journey since 2011 when we arrived in Canada to claim refugee. We lost our first case then went for an appeal. We won that appeal and our case was placed into the legacy group for many years. We finally got a date for my hearing in 2018 but lost the case again. Waited for the 1 year bar and then applied for h and c.

Reactions: RaiSaab108

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thank you all. I’ve been on this journey since 2011 when we arrived in Canada to claim refugee. We lost our first case then went for an appeal. We won that appeal and our case was placed into the legacy group for many years. We finally got a date for my hearing in 2018 but lost the case again. Waited for the 1 year bar and then applied for h and c.
Wow you deserve it
U had a long battle fought

Reactions: Lexus2021

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
It’s really nice that you made it against all odds.Most people stuck in legacy claims were refused.it was like hunting season.Lots of people waited for 6 years or more and still got a negative response.And this is why H&C is taking forever because those legacy cases plus people from the US caused processing time to be longer:( Congrats! now you can start your life in the way that you want to :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s really nice that you made it against all odds.Most people stuck in legacy claims were refused.it was like hunting season.Lots of people waited for 6 years or more and still got a negative response.And this is why H&C is taking forever because those legacy cases plus people from the US caused processing time to be longer:( Congrats! now you can start your life in the way that you want to :)
Actually think it's the opposite. Most legacy claimants ended up getting PRs because of the wait most of them were approved because of the amount of time they have spent establishing themselves in Canada and because they were made to wait so long.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Actually think it's the opposite. Most legacy claimants ended up getting PRs because of the wait most of them were approved because of the amount of time they have spent establishing themselves in Canada and because they were made to wait so long.
Well,The stats says otherwise.Many legacy refugees were refused and that’s why H&C is taking forever.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well,The stats says otherwise.Many legacy refugees were refused and that’s why H&C is taking forever.
Could you attach the stats. Haven't seen the data you are talking about. H&C applications that are taking longer often mean a higher chance of approval. Refusals are often given out faster.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Could you attach the stats. Haven't seen the data you are talking about. H&C applications that are taking longer often mean a higher chance of approval. Refusals are often given out faster.
Can’t find the actual stats but if you do your own digging you will find it.But during the period cases were being heard,that stats was accessible.Those cases were processed promptly and a handful were refused.And some withdrew or abandoned their case because they couldn’t wait.I don’t think the longer the wait for H&C does not guarantee approval

Kikybabe

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
h&c
Please , can someone tell me if they have experience their application go to IN PROCESS, and going over 2 months , i havent heard anything from the IRCC. I 'm worried.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Please , can someone tell me if they have experience their application go to IN PROCESS, and going over 2 months , i havent heard anything from the IRCC. I 'm worried.
Don’t worry it will take longer than 2 months
Just be patient
My application is in since July 2019
Which is 15 months now

Reactions: Lexus2021