+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Hi Everyone
I have an application, received in October 2022 and in process starting April 2023. Last week, I called them and the lady said, your security background check is in process but the eligibility has not started yet.
I am wondering if they check eligibility first or security background check?
Security first then eligibility.last one is background check and is at 2nd stage.

Torsten1

Oct 4, 2023
We wrote a cover letter to the office that refused our application imploring them to reconsider their decision with lots of supporting evidence. Our application was refused on October 20th 2022 and we request for reconsideration November 10th 2022....aip came April 18th 2023 and Ecopr July 13th 2023. Ours took 8 months all together. Hope this helps.
I am only going to submit the application. It is useful to know that in total, your application was processed for 8 months, from the moment you submitted your request for reconsideration to the moment you received your EcoPD. This gives me an idea of how long the process can take.

Reactions: Pear23

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hi Everyone
I have an application, received in October 2022 and in process starting April 2023. Last week, I called them and the lady said, your security background check is in process but the eligibility has not started yet.
So processing start after 6 months…. Wow that’s alot. I heard some people got their AIP in 7 months

sss369

Star Member
Jan 7, 2023
Hi Everyone
First is eligibility check in H&C applications.
Then Medicals check. Criminality and background check initiates after VO passed the eligibility and file is sent for stage 2 eligibility check i.e. background check which is consists into three stages.
1. Criminality check
2.Security check
3.Info- sharing.

security is the last step after completion of security portal mail is triggered.

Reactions: wello711

sss369

Star Member
Jan 7, 2023
Ecas status is as follows:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June XX,2022.
  2. We started processing your application on July XX, 2022.
  3. Medical results have been received September XX,2023.

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
First is eligibility check in H&C applications.
Then Medicals check. Criminality and background check initiates after VO passed the eligibility and file is sent for stage 2 eligibility check i.e. background check which is consists into three stages.
1. Criminality check
2.Security check
3.Info- sharing.

security is the last step after completion of security portal mail is triggered.
It doesn’t apply for everyone.
I don’t have AIP and eligibility not passed
But
Criminality already passed
Info sharing completed
Got notes last week

Mandy08

Mar 26, 2023
Hi everyone, hope you are well. I tried calling IRCC but every time l call my after the automated response and press 0 it doesn't go through to the Agent has this happened to someone else

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hi everyone, hope you are well. I tried calling IRCC but every time l call my after the automated response and press 0 it doesn't go through to the Agent has this happened to someone else
yes sometime when lines are busy, try to call them first thing in the morning or around 12 pm

Reactions: Mandy08

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
After how long they usually start to process application after AOR?
If you apply by mail
The processing time starts when your complete application arrives in ircc mail room.

If you apply online or in person
The processing time starts when you submit your application

Reactions: Robin220

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello Everyone. I am new here.
I have submitted my application June 30th.
AOR July 19th and I gave my biometric July 27th.
It still shows as a submitted in Pr portal after 3 months.
Does it normal? Is there anyone else has same timeline with my application?
I don’t have failed refugee claim.
Thank you