+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Hi there, I had my first interview with CBSA today and I was told my removal is enforced and I have until April 11. I’m really scared and worried, I was also told I’m not eligible for Preremoval Risk Assessment, don’t know why. Please does anyone have a good lawyer in Edmonton that can fight this. Or do you have any advice for me. Anything is welcomed. Thank you so much!
Sorry to hear about this, my advice is to get your MP involved for ministerial stay. Also get a good lawyer to file in a deferral with a good reason. Are you a failed refugee?

Reactions: lonesheep93

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi there, I had my first interview with CBSA today and I was told my removal is enforced and I have until April 11. I’m really scared and worried, I was also told I’m not eligible for Preremoval Risk Assessment, don’t know why. Please does anyone have a good lawyer in Edmonton that can fight this. Or do you have any advice for me. Anything is welcomed. Thank you so much!
Hi. Sorry about your situation. The things that can safe you is either you have an ailment, Canadian spouse in good standing (work and all), AIP or Canadian born (not automatic) else, please don’t waste your money on any lawyer. I wish you the very best in this though time. Keep your money. Lawyer can do very less in this situation and they will try to take minimum $12,000 between now and April 11. I won’t advise you to spend that kind of money for nothing.

Jen1820

Jan 21, 2020
Hi. Sorry about your situation. The things that can safe you is either you have an ailment, Canadian spouse in good standing (work and all), AIP or Canadian born (not automatic) else, please don’t waste your money on any lawyer. I wish you the very best in this though time. Keep your money. Lawyer can do very less in this situation and they will try to take minimum $12,000 between now and April 11. I won’t advise you to spend that kind of money for nothing.
Ok.. if I don’t get a lawyer, who would request CBSA deferral? Can I do it myself?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Ok.. if I don’t get a lawyer, who would request CBSA deferral? Can I do it myself?
I was in that shoes before so I’m talking from real experience. If you don’t have ailment nor Canadian spouse in good standing, even Canadian born kid may not safe you and yet, Lawyer will charge minimum $2500 plus tax for Diferral that means nothing. Lawyers will only try to take your money. Your best lifeline is AIP. Even my MP couldn’t safe me. I have H&C running since November 2021.

let me quote @Katayoon here “Canada is Not Paradise”. It’s tough but it doesn’t worth your mental health. Again, I wish you the very best in this tough time. At the end of the day, you still have to take your own decisions regardless of the advice shared here.

• Love
Reactions: Katayoon

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
You can't do deferral yourself, you still need a lawyer and your MP intervention. I got my removal stopped through my MP and my lawyer 5hrs before my flight. Don't think about any money you want to spend at this stage. Without a lawyer you can't do anything even if your MP get involved. All you need now is Ministeral intervention. Your lawyer can as well asked to go through press. My take. Good luck.

Reactions: Swagzzy

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I applied for H&C in November 2021 and AOR Feb 2022.

I checked my status is shows medical received and maybe this is because we submitted medicals in 2019 which means they are valid for 5 years.

My question is: is it a good thing to receive update medical received but no AIP has been issued yet?

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
2021 APPLICATION WAITING FOR AIP LIST

1. @SpiritualWonderWomen | APPLICATION RECEIVED - AUGUST 2021 | AOR - OCT 2021
  2. @Neel_Mistry | APPLICATION RECEIVED - SEPT 2021 | AOR - NOV 2021
  3. @Taweda | APPLICATION RECEIVED - DEC 2021 | AOR - JAN 2022
  4. @grahs1994 | APPLICATION RECEIVED - SEP 2021 | AOR - OCT 2021 | STARTED PROCESSING - JAN 2022
  5. @wello711 | APPLICATION RECEIVED - MAY 2021 | AOR - JUNE 2021 | STARTED PROCESSING - NOVEMBER 2021
  6. @bestluckeveryone | APPLICATION RECEIVED - MAY 2021 | AOR - JUN 2021 | STARTED PROCESSING - JUL 2021
  7. @Pear23 | APPLICATION RECEIVED -AUG 2021 | AOR - OCT 2021 | STARTED PROCESSING -DEC 2021
  8. @MakerofGold Application received July , AOR July , in process August 2021
  9. @MANU07 Application received in August 2021, AOR oct 2021, in process Jan 2022
  10. @CanadianMom APPLICATION RECEIVED - NOV 2021 | AOR - JAN 2022 | STARTED PROCESSING - FEB 2022
What ever happened to this update?

Reactions: Taweda

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
finally good news came.

Application received in August 12 2021,
AOR oct 18 2021,
In process Jan 7 2022
first stage approval: July 22 2022
medical received: Aug. 2022
portal email and decision made : Jan 12, 2023
photo portal email: Feb 06, 2023
permanent residence : Feb 7,2023.

Everybody who is still waiting, good news is on the way. hopefully soon.
Thanks everyone supporting and encouraging everyone.
Hi did they request biometrics and police certificate's?

Reactions: Canny007

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I applied for H&C in November 2021 and AOR Feb 2022.

I checked my status is shows medical received and maybe this is because we submitted medicals in 2019 which means they are valid for 5 years.

My question is: is it a good thing to receive update medical received but no AIP has been issued yet?
Is this your first application?

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa

Hi do you apply online or paper application

Reactions: PraiseG