+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hello guys did anyone did prra application online which one is better online or by mail my purpose is to get more time which one take long time ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys did anyone did prra application online which one is better online or by mail my purpose is to get more time which one take long time ?
Mail applications always take longer (extra weeks needed to digitalize your file). It won't be a dramatic difference but still.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Is 10 months waiting for AIP normal? I feel like it’s very long.
H&C takes 22 months to process . If your not under removal or have medical conditions there’s nothing wrong with waiting . Rushing application only result in negative answer . What do you expect you submit an application and get pr in 4 months ! No it doesn’t work like that . So ridiculous y’all come on here asking the same question over and over and over again it’s pointless

Reactions: Marifali

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
What gets me is some agents works faster than some . My only issue with h&C I have I wish we get refusal in 2 months so we can always reapply instead of waiting months or years . Then you have some impatient person on here after submitting application they are constantly asking for updates after just 2 months . If there’s not an emergency simple wait continue to work and go on about your day instead of worrying about something we can’t change and keep bothering these agents that have a thousand other people to deal with . Patience is the key .longer the application is the better the result is !

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
What gets me is some agents works faster than some . My only issue with h&C I have I wish we get refusal in 2 months so we can always reapply instead of waiting months or years . Then you have some impatient person on here after submitting application they are constantly asking for updates after just 2 months . If there’s not an emergency simple wait continue to work and go on about your day instead of worrying about something we can’t change and keep bothering these agents that have a thousand other people to deal with . Patience is the key .longer the application is the better the result is !
You are not under obligation to respond. You may read and neglect. I am waiting AIP since 11 months and I’m not complaining or asking questions but some people can’t wait for 4 months. We are different and we can absorb stress differently. If you can’t help them, don’t add to the already tensed situation. Please don’t be another @canuk in the forum ‍♂♂

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hey Katayoon, my friend applied for work permit for over 11 months and no response till now. You or anyone have idea what could be wrong or what he can do? He has called many times but to no avail! His status shows “in progress” online. He is failed refugee claimant. His appeal was dismissed as well. He is currently on JR and intends to apply for H&C

Reactions: Katayoon

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
H&C takes 22 months to process . If your not under removal or have medical conditions there’s nothing wrong with waiting . Rushing application only result in negative answer . What do you expect you submit an application and get pr in 4 months ! No it doesn’t work like that . So ridiculous y’all come on here asking the same question over and over and over again it’s pointless
Thanks for replying but please try to be a bit supportive or you don’t have to reply. This place is for everyone who wants to share his/her feelings. I can ask questions at anytime over and over whenever I feel I need to. There’s many people here who are willing to answer the same questions without any complaints. They understand that the waiting is stressful even if it’s 1 week. A big thanks to them.
the total process time is 22 months but the AIP should be less. This is what I learned here.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Katayoon, my friend applied for work permit for over 11 months and no response till now. You or anyone have idea what could be wrong or what he can do? He has called many times but to no avail! His status shows “in progress” online. He is failed refugee claimant. His appeal was dismissed as well. He is currently on JR and intends to apply for H&C
I would recommend ordering gcms asap to see status or any agent notes. The file could be on hold pending JR outcome or sometimes (which I hope is not your friend's case) they refuse file but don't bother with rejection notice or closing it. Sending a webform also helps move things.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I would recommend ordering gcms asap to see status or any agent notes. The file could be on hold pending JR outcome or sometimes (which I hope is not your friend's case) they refuse file but don't bother with rejection notice or closing it. Sending a webform also helps move things.
Thanks as always Katayoon. I think you mixed up something. I’m talking about his work permit. It’s been on hold for 9 months now.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks as always Katayoon. I think you mixed up something. I’m talking about his work permit. It’s been on hold for 9 months now.
work permit is an IRCC application as well and subject to the ATIP act hence to GCMS notes.