+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Due Date" , most probably , means that an Immigration officer will check your file on or before due date and then take one of the following actions,
when you receive date AOR to 12 months after due date
I'M sorry, didn't understand your comment, Could you explain it again please ?

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
Seems the IRCC line is back-up functioning well.
I also called in today twice, picked the callback option and was called back on both occasions.

But nothing to make of the calls! Agent Just said we're working on your application, asked what is being worked on, agent just said its in progress and processing time is 21 months, another question; has it been assigned? We're are working on it.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Congratulations on your successful application.

Please l need your help as I’m about to apply for my 2nd H &C application.

I need your help and guidance as l want to do it myself.

Please can you guide me
You need to be specific with the area you need help and guidance. In the meantime, you can also read my other comment in the group where I wrote a long message on how to do your application

let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I got aip June 29, and after same day evening time gcms note receive, eligibility not start,

Wello711 just few days you receive aip..may be tomorrow
Hi, plz may i know if the second office in your notes was OSC ottawa and if you found officer's arguments in your notes ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the meaning of due date in the section APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT ?
The estimated date that your file should be assigned to the next available agent for next step in this process. Given that you waited long already, most probably this will be your deciding agent who will close Stage 1. Try re-ordering in 2 months, and you may see decision on the last page of the notes.

Kamal abdu

Aug 11, 2022
Hello people
I want to ask you a question
I have the US visa B1/B2 and i am planning to cross to canada from US.
I have dual citizenship Syrian and Argentine, the us visa in on my argentine passport, a friend of me said that i can't claim asylum in canada as argentina is a safe country and i will get refusal , can i apply for H&C, will o receive any help from the state untill i become established? How long does it take to get the residency? Any info about this thing?? Thanks

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems the IRCC line is back-up functioning well.
I also called in today twice, picked the callback option and was called back on both occasions.

But nothing to make of the calls! Agent Just said we're working on your application, asked what is being worked on, agent just said its in progress and processing time is 21 months, another question; has it been assigned? We're are working on it.
The info that call center agents see on screen is very limited. This is why their responses are very general. For Stage 1 (before AIP), it is almost pointless to call them - ordering GCMs is the only reliable way to check file status. Once you pass stage 1, they are much more helpful - can confirm medicals receipt, background check status etc.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello people
I want to ask you a question
I have the US visa B1/B2 and i am planning to cross to canada from US.
I have dual citizenship Syrian and Argentine, the us visa in on my argentine passport, a friend of me said that i can't claim asylum in canada as argentina is a safe country and i will get refusal , can i apply for H&C, will o receive any help from the state untill i become established? How long does it take to get the residency? Any info about this thing?? Thanks
You can apply for asylum even if you are citizen of Switzerland or New Zealand... but of course chances are low when you are a citizen of a stable country.
If you are a dual citizen, you have to prove that you are not safe in both countries, so in your case, you must have arguments and proofs for Syria ans Argentina.
Many argentinians, brazilians, chileans apply for asylum in Canada

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, so unfortunately my application has been refused today, may ecas changed to decision made, I sent an email to Vancouver office asking for officer's arguments, I think they will send it this Monday.
Next step will be reconsideration, if reconsideration will not work, I will apply for JR.
I'm pretty sure that I have many strong arguments with many proofs and I don't have any removal order problems so probably he just wants to reject it...
I really hope to get good news soon !
@Katayoon @SweetQueen @grahs1994 @GrecchiJu @Pear23 @SpiritualWonderWomen @temmy-27 @bella12 @Sandeepgill83 @Fayamufi

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I know the price for reconsideration?
I think it's free, right ?
Sorry to hear that. Just keep trying until you fall on a different agent.

No price for reconsideration, except if your lawyer charges you fee for new cover letter.

I would try to re-write everything in English next time. It worked for us after two French applications rejected.