+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Canadagee

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello friends , got aip already,
My passport is valid, my spouse passport expired, cbsa have our documents
My question is,

1. I have my pcc December 2020, this is good for submission ircc or apply new one.

2. My spouse passport expired, how can apply pcc home country, my home country without valid passport never give me pcc.
What can I do ? Pls help
Hi, in our case we were able to get the police check from home country online (probably your country has this option, it took me 5 mins)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandeepgill83

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to check application status via ECAS and by phone, no status so far... Last update we got application recieved letter but nothing else. We applied via "new" portal. I am trying to add my H&C application to GCC Key system but no luck, Does any of you know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to check application status via ECAS and by phone, no status so far... Last update we got application recieved letter but nothing else. We applied via "new" portal. I am trying to add my H&C application to GCC Key system but no luck, Does any of you know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance
H&C application can not be link to GCC key. And you just have to wait now

Reactions: eduardlh

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance
What is the message when you call an automated phone service?. Like did you hear we are processing your background check?

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
What is the message when you call an automated phone service?. Like did you hear we are processing your background check?
Yep! That's the last part of the message when I called.
In ECAS it says application not found, check the info you entered.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not yet, we applied on October 2021. But also we have PRRA on hold, I do not want to do something that add more delay to our case, not sure if this create conflict with my lawyer.
GCMS notes does not delay your case - it is prepared by a completely different agency (ATIP), not IRCC. In fact, in many cases it speeds up process acting as a reminder, if your file has been long forgotten. Regarding your lawyer, he may indeed be upset that you are proactive. Our last lawyer used to throw a tantrum each time we called call centre. She was against any communication with IRCC. But previous lawyers did not care.

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
That is a long time. I applied in February and I feel there is a delay because still not in process in ECAS. I ordered GCMS notes and waiting for them.

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
GCMS notes does not delay your case - it is prepared by a completely different agency (ATIP), not IRCC. In fact, in many cases it speeds up process acting as a reminder, if your file has been long forgotten. Regarding your lawyer, he may indeed be upset that you are proactive. Our last lawyer used to throw a tantrum each time we called call centre. She was against any communication with IRCC. But previous lawyers did not care.
Is there any way that the lawyer knows about this request? We got the application received letter through her office,and she forwarded to us.

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
Just to make sure, are these the right options for GCMS notes?

Act: Access to Information Act
Type of Records: Immigration/Citizenship Records
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):

Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth:
Unique Client Identifier (####-#### or ##-####-####):
What type of record would you like to request?: Permanent Residence
Which specific information are you looking for?: Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes
File Number(s): Application number

Also should I attached any documentation?

Thanks in advance