+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I have a question about Medical. Seen that I still have health coverage through IFCH do I use it to do medical or better to pay?
Not familiar with IFCH but The cost of your exam is not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). We had OHIP and still had to pay.
You may be able to obtain reimbursement from private insurance or your sponsoring employer, but I think neither of these applies to you.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Not familiar with IFCH but The cost of your exam is not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). We had OHIP and still had to pay.
You may be able to obtain reimbursement from private insurance or your sponsoring employer, but I think neither of these applies to you.
Ok thank you…

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
I am currently in the city of Abu Dhabi, UAE, with my wife and child, along with many immigrants who are going to America, but many of my relatives are in Canada. I want to go to Canada, please cooperate with me.
Why dont you visit the cic website? There are different pathways to immigrate now.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hey Guys how are you?

Happy Canada Day !!!

Just a question, I didn’t get the AIP yet, still waiting, but after we got a AIP we need to apply for OWP , how long for the processing time to get that?
Is there any way we can apply easier ? Because when we check on line the time line is about 4 months …
How long usually you guys are getting the WP ?

TIA
I beleive is around 4 months, I applied since May and I did not receive mine yet. Maybe someone else who experienced same situation can tell you more about the aprox timeline, but yes, as far as I know is 4/5 months

Reactions: MPMG

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Yes, you can apply from the economic area like express entry or you can get a refugee status (as lonesheep93 says you have to go to the immigration website) but I beleive you are in the wrong forum, cause humanitarian is not the path you must follow, I've seen another people coming from Afghanistan getting into H&C as their first option but they have been choosing wrong all these years cause this is a program from people who is already established in Canada ( at least 5 years)

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hi everyone. I applied for H and C in February 2022 and received AOR in March. Today when I called the automated telephone service, there is a message we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and we are processing your background check. Does anyone know what that means?. In ECAS, I do not see any updates.
In my personal experience, until it doesn't change in ECAS to "in process" your application is sitting there, meaning they did not open your file yet.

gary26

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Hey guys, i got aip back in sept. 2021 and no words yet from cic. Do you know when decision will be made. Does it comes from email or ecas. If from email what email does it come. Thanks in advance much appreciated.

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
In my personal experience, until it doesn't change in ECAS to "in process" your application is sitting there, meaning they did not open your file yet.
What the message after they opened your file ( i mean : it is in process) ?

Thanks

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
What the message after they opened your file ( i mean : it is in process) ?

Thanks
Yes, in ECAS says "received" .....when they start processing your aplicacion it will say "in process", they do not send you anything, you will have to log in and check

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Yes, in ECAS says "received" .....when they start processing your aplicacion it will say "in process", they do not send you anything, you will have to log in and check
What kind of information do I need to call them to check if my application is in process?
What is the phone number?
Thanks

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
I found on ECAS that my file has been in process sine Jun 17-the date I received the AOR email AGAIN. So for those who got another AOR email, let's check ECAS to see if your file has been "in process" or not.

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I think they will let you know. Ok I have a question what does the automated system say when you call the line? I called as I wanted to talk to a agent about my work permit but the auto Line is saying they reviewing the results of my medical exam but I have not given them a new one as yet. Is this just standard msg for stage 2 processing
Standard message