+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
You may need to get more opinion but I think you need to submit statements of account and prove of job and possibly T4 if you have. You may explain that you have been doing cash jobs and include proves. Most terrible is not to have a way of supporting yourself and taking government money.
In all, pray for a good officer to attend your file.
You just need your notice of assessment, if you work cash you just simply notify and add it in your taxes. They asked me my notice of assessment of 5 years from now.
He specify he doesn't have t4, t4 is when you have a contract he is working as a independent contractor.... the best way to proof he has different incomes is going to an accountant who has experience in these cases.
In my personal case I worked 3 years with t4 and afterwards my SIN expired, I worked cash jobs for 5 years and I file my taxes with my own company, also I had a part time job, I file also a part of my income there.
My advisor explained that it is very simple, I can't be hired by any company which provide t4, however as an independent contractor is a different story.....I hope that works

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys just popping in for a quick question I already submit application did everyone submit letters from church or social groups that’s the only thing that’s missing for me and I wasn’t sure I’m not apart of any religious group nor have a I done social work for community only donated blood that’s all .
We did not have religious stuff either and we got AIP (from 3rd attempt though). Canada is a secular country and there is no obligation to be a member of any religious denomination, thankfully.

We did have a letter from a community organization though that helps settle immigrants. The head wrote my partner a letter that he volunteers to help integrate students in Canada. But again; it is not a requirement. They look at your file holistically and weigh in all factors. You may have other strengths that shed light on your community involvement like blood donations. Don't worry. Good luck

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
We did not have religious stuff either and we got AIP (from 3rd attempt though). Canada is a secular country and there is no obligation to be a member of any religious denomination, thankfully.

We did have a letter from a community organization though that helps settle immigrants. The head wrote my partner a letter that he volunteers to help integrate students in Canada. But again; it is not a requirement. They look at your file holistically and weigh in all factors. You may have other strengths that shed light on your community involvement like blood donations. Don't worry. Good luck
I too did not have any religious association letters but letters from friends etc, n volunteer work, that is all.

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Yes, refugee fail
April 2020 H&C application made
August 2020 AOR
Dec 2020 H&C application on hold cause of federal court review litigation (I got on GMCS notes)
June 2022 Approval in principle
We are waiting for our passports to complete requirements to apply to PR (ours passports are expired)
My friend is in same situation how did you renew your passports. Do you receive your passports

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
yup in may 2022
Hi Guys I applied through online portal too and havent heard since Its been already 1 month and 4 days. I feel exhausted and tired with this waiting game. Anyone else applied online? Does it make difference if we apply through paper? I am seeing most people who are getting response fast are those who applied the old fashioned way.

Last edited:

Canadagee

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
My friend is in same situation how did you renew your passports. Do you receive your passports
All the requirements we did within 1 week except for the passports, I had to go to my country embassy located in Toronto (it will take more than 30 days) since you need to submit all the documents required in 30 days I suggest to ask for an extension (my lawyer told me we can do that)

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
All the requirements we did within 1 week except for the passports, I had to go to my country embassy located in Toronto (it will take more than 30 days) since you need to submit all the documents required in 30 days I suggest to ask for an extension (my lawyer told me we can do that)
But how can we renew it.
He is failed refugee and passports are seized